Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Lions GDT Vikings (2-1) @ Lions (1-2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Minnesota Vikings
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Detroit Lions
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Week 4 Lions GDT Vikings (2-1) @ Lions (1-2) Reply with quote

Minnesota Vikings (2-1)

@

Detroit Lions (1-2)

When? Fox 1:00 P.M EST

Where? Ford Field

Injury Report:
Detroit Lions: WR Calvin Johnson Probable, WR Titus Young Probable, QB Matthew Stafford, Probable RB Mikel Leshoure Questionable, TE Tony Scheffler Questionable, LB Justin Durant Questionable, FS Louis Delmas Doubtful, DT Cory Williams Out

Minnesota Vikings: DE D'Aundre Reed Probable, LB Marvin Mitchell Probable, TE Kyle Rudolph Probable, DE Jared Allen Probable, QB Christian Ponder Probable, LB Erin Henderson Outl, S Mistral Raymond Out

Last edited by Lionsfanforever on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions are certainly the more talented team. That doesn't matter. They are more talented than the Titans and they managed to lose that game.

Christian Ponder will no doubt have a good day against the Lions secondary and All Day has the potential to destroy the Lions if the linebackers don't stick with the gap assignments. JA will be licking his chops in anticipation of getting a few hits on the Lions QB regardless who plays.

Which QB plays? If its Stafford which Stafford shows up? Is it going to be the side arm throwing Stafford or will he gets his mechanics back. I don't know but I do know if he plays he needs to bring his A game and find a way to get the ball to CJ before the second half.

Will LeShoure build on his first game success? I sure hope so.

How about the defensive line. Will they be able to pressure Ponder in an effort to give the secondary a chance?

Does Cliff Avril make an impact?

I have far more questions than answers with this team right now. They lack cohesiveness and focus and until I see some evidence of it returning I have a hard time predicting them to win.

No doubt the Lions have more talent. They just don't seem to know how to use it.

Vikings .......37
Lions...........31

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter if Hill or Stafford plays I see the Lions winning, I think the DL will bounce back have a really big game. Lions win 21-17.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a tough game. It could really go both ways I think. Don't underestimate this team though. We can play with anyone.

The Vikings biggest concerns will be to slow down that Lions offense. Make those sacks (we already missed like 8 oppurtunities this year), force turnovers. If you let Detroit get comfortable, its going to be a long day for your defense.

and the Vikings need to keep the offense balanced, but not conservative. Last week Ponder was actually changing the play at the line (the only other QB that could do that for us was Favre. Damn Impressive. Shocked ). We just have to get the ball to our playmakers. Harvin, Rudolph and Peterson. Jerome Simpson is coming back from suspension, so we should see some of him early and often in this game.

Adrian Peterson isn't playing at that elite level so far. He isn't 100%, but he's still managing to play well. Hopefully this is the week he gets it going.

and Jared Allen has been quite this year, but he's missed like 4 sacks this year. He will definitally bring the pressure, and hopefully get a few sacks. Whoeve your QB is, Matt Stafford, Shaun Hill, Dan Orvlorsky Laughing they need to be ready. Minnesota's defense is much improved from last year, and will make plays.

Percy Harvin is a top 5 NON QB playmaker in this league. Whether its KR/WR/RB, he does all 3 extremely well. I think this is the week we finally get him in the endzone.

But aside from us, just a few questions:

1) What does your RB crew look like? LeShoure had a big week last week, but where is he compared to Kevin Smith, J.Bell?

2) How is your Dline performing?

3)Whats up with Ryan Broyles.

Thanks guys. He's to a great game!

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponder is playing at a real high level right now, AP is a top 3-4 rb in the league and harvin is the viks Calvin, with that said our run D is playing great our pass D not so much....

For our offense the running game looked way better then it did before with Smith...LeShoure had a good game, but is it me or do we miss Best so much more then we thought we would... Game plan is simple, make MEGATRON a factor early and often and we win this game, dont wait til the second half to play offense, if they wait the viks win
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we rebound and win, and lead to a DET>MIN, MIN>SF, SF>DET triangle of results. Ahh, the NFL.

Team Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like our chances in this one. Minnesota is fresh off a big win, but Detroit is going to feel some desperation here and I firmly believe they're the better team. Stafford's hip has got to be a little bit of a concern, though. Stafford played pretty poorly while injured last year (9 of his 16 interceptions came during that 3-game stretch after breaking his finger), so hopefully if he's too dicey they'll just roll with Shaun Hill.

SteelKing728 wrote:
1) What does your RB crew look like? LeShoure had a big week last week, but where is he compared to Kevin Smith, J.Bell?

I don't think there's any reason to believe Leshoure will cede the starting job back over to Kevin Smith after his performance last week. That said, I doubt Smith is going to get 0 touches again. He's being used as a third down back. Bell is probably going to get a few touches here and there just to spell Leshoure.

Quote:
2) How is your Dline performing?

Well, they had 7 sacks against the Rams and 49ers, then zero last week. So, enigmatic I suppose? Our entire defense was playing like trash last week, so I don't know what to make of it just yet. As per usual they're prone to run themselves out of plays in the run game.

Quote:
3)Whats up with Ryan Broyles.

He didn't dress in the first week, didn't play at all in the second, and was only on the field for a small handful of plays last week. I didn't expect him to get in the game very often as a rookie because we already have Johnson, Pettigrew, Burleson, Young, and Scheffler, but I've gotta say it's surprising that he's been this uninvolved. I don't think it's a situation where he's in Schwartz's doghouse or anything, they're just taking it slow with him because of the ACL injury and because our receiving corps is pretty deep.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titans got so lucky last week with 5 fluky TD plays.

The Lions are gonna be mad, and theyre gonna smack the Vikes....42-17.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're back home, in the dome, in our last game before the BYE. We got Broyles, LeShoure, Houston and Bentley back on the field last week. I expect the rust/butterflies to be gone and they have a better game.

Honestly, AP is the only thing that scares me about their offense. Ponder is okay and Harvin is a good duct tape player, but neither scare me in any way. If we can contain AP (we can't stop him), then I think we win the game.

Really need to protect Stafford. Saw Reiff get some snaps on offense last week. Wouldn't mind seeing him again this week.

I think it'll be closer than it should be, I'm picking the lions to win and head into their BYE with a 2-2 record.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Twentyman ‏@ttwentyman
Lions QB Matthew Stafford back on the practice field. TE Tony Scheffler and WR Titus Young also back. Williams, Lewis and Delmas still out.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
We're back home, in the dome, in our last game before the BYE. We got Broyles, LeShoure, Houston and Bentley back on the field last week. I expect the rust/butterflies to be gone and they have a better game.

Honestly, AP is the only thing that scares me about their offense. Ponder is okay and Harvin is a good duct tape player, but neither scare me in any way. If we can contain AP (we can't stop him), then I think we win the game.

Really need to protect Stafford. Saw Reiff get some snaps on offense last week. Wouldn't mind seeing him again this week.

I think it'll be closer than it should be, I'm picking the lions to win and head into their BYE with a 2-2 record.

Leshoure was a huge addition for us, especially if Stafford's banged up. Hopefully he plays just like he did last week. He was super consistent.

Peterson hasn't been playing that well so far this year, although to be fair he has faced some tough defenses. That said, he's clearly not 100% recovered from his ACL tear and he's averaging a very pedestrian 4 yards a carry. He'll improve as the season goes on, but he's still a little gimpy.

As for Harvin, he hasn't scared me much in the past (although he generally has solid performances against the Lions), but he looks like he's really hitting his stride this year. Ponder's going to him a lot and he's responding pretty well.

Ponder's got a long way to go before I'm sold on him. I'd be more worried if we were facing Joe Webb, really.

Did Reiff really play last week? Somehow I missed that.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully it will be a good game both fanbases can enjoy watching. too bad one team has to lose.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Maverick12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy1609 wrote:
Tim Twentyman ‏@ttwentyman
Lions QB Matthew Stafford back on the practice field. TE Tony Scheffler and WR Titus Young also back. Williams, Lewis and Delmas still out.

I'm really starting to wonder when Delmas will even start practicing.
Nathanakin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To win this game, I think we absolutely cannot afford to start off slow. The coaching needs to be aggressive and the play calling needs to be varied. We cannot afford to score only FG's in the first half. Calvin Johnson cannot have only 1 reception for six yards. The Vikings will try to take him out of the game, but we cannot just assume they'll be successful at it. We need to be in full-on attack mode for four quarters, not just one. Comebacks are cool, but making them too often is not a reliable way to win.

The Vikings have improved, and if the pass rush from the front four isn't their, the coaches need to create pressure in other ways, or play other players. Our defensive ends need to be rotated more. If Vanden Bosch isn't effective (like last week), then we need to see what Jackson or Young can do. Same thing for Avril. Teams are fully aware of what we do on defense and they prepare to stop it, so we might need to change it up a bit.The coaches cannot be afraid to do that if it has to be done. Balance is a good thing, but don't penalize the first half passing game just for the sake of trying to be balanced. Leshoure had a decent game last week, but it would have ended up with more yards per carry, if a couple of the run plays were not made obvious for their defense.

If the coaches would coach to their team's strengths for four quarters i.e. deep passing game, and attack the weaknesses of the opposing team, then we have a chance to win this game and any other game.

By the way maybe we could see what Jerome Murphy can do, instead of Jacob Lacey. We also need Stafford's yards per catch to increase.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a good game.

Both teams are extremely even from a talent/production standpoint. I expect a close game, just like they were last year. MNs defense is playing much better this year and the Lions secondary just looks dreadful right now, I think Ponder and the Vikes passing game could be in for a big game, especially since Jerome Simpson will be making his 2012 debut.

Calvin Johnson will get his, I am sure, he is always someone who must be accounted for. The Lions have looked one dimensional, though the running game showed a bit of life last week with LeShoure. Will see if that is a trend or aberration.

Vikes win 27 to 21 and go to 3-1 while the Lions drop to 1-3.

Best of luck this week, here is to an injury free and ref mistake free game!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 1 of 43

Jump to: