Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VII!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the most brilliant Tweet I've ever seen:

Not Gary Kubiak wrote:
Trying to simulate Chris Johnson at practice. McClain is starting to sweat a little, but his spin move sure has a lot of wiggle.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2173/20120926/2013_nfl_mock_draft_version_10/

Quote:
31. Houston Texans: DaíRick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech. He was the SECís best WR in 2011 at Tennessee before some drug issues forced his transfer. Rogers has the physical abilities of Dez Bryant or a thicker Hakeem Nicks, and with Andre Johnson aging, GM Rick Smith rolls the dice that his strong locker room can control Rogers.

Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2173/20120926/2013_nfl_mock_draft_version_10/#ixzz27czawHkR

A little early mock draft that I saw on realgm, the football section.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2173/20120926/2013_nfl_mock_draft_version_10/

Quote:
31. Houston Texans: DaíRick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech. He was the SECís best WR in 2011 at Tennessee before some drug issues forced his transfer. Rogers has the physical abilities of Dez Bryant or a thicker Hakeem Nicks, and with Andre Johnson aging, GM Rick Smith rolls the dice that his strong locker room can control Rogers.

Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2173/20120926/2013_nfl_mock_draft_version_10/#ixzz27czawHkR

A little early mock draft that I saw on realgm, the football section.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No shot. Let the Bengals or Raiders draft him.

Sig by matthouston91
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:

Bingo. Talented player no doubt, but too much of a risk. I'd take his former Tenn teammate Justin Hunter instead. Lower upside, has a knee issue that needs to be checked out...but is a solid WR that will be a fine pro one day.

All things being equal, I don't think WR is on the list of needs for now; I think we're happy with Jean, Posey and Martin as our young guys and will push WR down a few years before finding a 1st round player. If the BPA at our pick is WR, we'll take 'em...but I doubt that will be the case.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take this online Comm (Communication) 2300 class, and we take the tests online. So today was the test and the people I do study groups with decided we should all take the test together in the library. It was so fun. Everybody brought their laptops, and stuff and we were making alot of noise. Laughing

We usually have like 14 people in the study group and we ended up having like 20-30 people on the 3rd floor in the library taking the test together. We had like 4 tables and a couple of more people were in a study room.

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I take this online Comm (Communication) 2300 class, and we take the tests online. So today was the test and the people I do study groups with decided we should all take the test together in the library. It was so fun. Everybody brought their laptops, and stuff and we were making alot of noise. Laughing

We usually have like 14 people in the study group and we ended up having like 20-30 people on the 3rd floor in the library taking the test together. We had like 4 tables and a couple of more people were in a study room.

Laughing

Making noise in the library is the best. Every Valentine's Day, my fraternity does a fundraiser where people buy songs, which a group of brothers has to sing to a specific person at some specific place. Singing "I Just Had Sex" in a group of about 30 guys in the library at 9:00 at night was one of the highlights of my freshman year.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Laughing

Making noise in the library is the best. Every Valentine's Day, my fraternity does a fundraiser where people buy songs, which a group of brothers has to sing to a specific person at some specific place. Singing "I Just Had Sex" in a group of about 30 guys in the library at 9:00 at night was one of the highlights of my freshman year.

Which fraternity are you in grasspike?
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:

Bingo. Talented player no doubt, but too much of a risk. I'd take his former Tenn teammate Justin Hunter instead. Lower upside, has a knee issue that needs to be checked out...but is a solid WR that will be a fine pro one day.

All things being equal, I don't think WR is on the list of needs for now; I think we're happy with Jean, Posey and Martin as our young guys and will push WR down a few years before finding a 1st round player. If the BPA at our pick is WR, we'll take 'em...but I doubt that will be the case.

Coming from a Vols fan, Hunter is twice the receiver that Da'Rick is, IMO.

Hunter's ceiling in the NFL is probably a Randy Moss-esque career(not personality wise, production wise and skill wise).

I'd say Da'Rick's ceiling is Anquan Boldin.

Hunter will go in the top 10, maybe top 5. He's not gonna be anywhere near where the Texans pick, barring another acl/mcl tear.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:

Wut? Justin Hunter has 10x the upside that Da'Rick Rogers has. Like the dude above me said- Rogers is Boldinesque, while Hunter is comparable to a poor man's Randy Moss. 6'4", legit 4.3 speed....he's insane.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I had always been led to believe it was the other way around (I'll admit that I am mostly basing my stuff on words of others, so I could just have my wires crossed between the two players).

I don't really get into these prospects until about week 14-15 of the regular season, when I know who is panning out and who needs replacing.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Laughing

Which fraternity are you in grasspike?

Phi Delta Theta

Sig by matthouston91
texansfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife gave birth to our first child today. A 7lbs 1 ounce little baby girl. She instantly doubles the number of Texans fans in this city (wife is a Seahawks fan but I will make sure this baby is raised correctly).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
My wife gave birth to our first child today. A 7lbs 1 ounce little baby girl. She instantly doubles the number of Texans fans in this city (wife is a Seahawks fan but I will make sure this baby is raised correctly).

Congrats TF Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:

Congrats man, just had my first ever niece or nephew and she's beautiful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 36 of 95

Jump to: