Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reviewing Seattle after 3 games.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Matt Flynn needs to start. I truly believe we'd be 3-0 if he had been starting since day 1, and we would not currently be engulfed in this controversy after the MNF game, if Pete had just played Flynn like he should have. Wilson is not ready. He has no instincts and wants to run, everytime he sees a defender within 10 yards of him. Bevell's playcalling is just pathetic as well. It's a shame that we are totally relying on our defense to win games.

We could be, or we could be 0-3.

I can't see us winning that AZ game with Flynn. Flynn looked bad against the Titans who have a terrible D, and the Broncos who have a good D.

As soon as Flynn got pressure he couldn't move to avoid it. I think thats the main reason RW is the starter is that our Oline protection is below average and we need someone who can make things happen.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Matt Flynn needs to start. I truly believe we'd be 3-0 if he had been starting since day 1, and we would not currently be engulfed in this controversy after the MNF game, if Pete had just played Flynn like he should have. Wilson is not ready. He has no instincts and wants to run, everytime he sees a defender within 10 yards of him. Bevell's playcalling is just pathetic as well. It's a shame that we are totally relying on our defense to win games.

We could be, or we could be 0-3.

I can't see us winning that AZ game with Flynn. Flynn looked bad against the Titans who have a terrible D, and the Broncos who have a good D.

As soon as Flynn got pressure he couldn't move to avoid it. I think thats the main reason RW is the starter is that our Oline protection is below average and we need someone who can make things happen.

Agreed, Plus they are not opening the playbook up for Russell they are being very conservative and he is doing what is being asked of him.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bevell and the overall game-planning on offense is by far the biggest weakness of this team. The wide receiver position would be second on the list as we are getting zero separation. I'd rather have Braylon on the outside and Tate in the slot.

Pass rush is far from elite. We didn't generate anything against an abysmal Arizona OLine.

Something we all knew coming in, this team is far better at home than they are on the road. That's how it always is though. No point expecting as good of performances on the road as we get at home.

Wilson needs to take more chances, though part of that is on Bevell.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:

If you want Russell Wilson to improve, why aren't you letting him take chances? You can't improve unless you DO it.
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember that Russell Wilson is still a rookie. And the first loss he had looks more and more impressive the more games the Cardinals play.

They could open things up a little more but if the defense continues to play the way it does, there may not be any need to

Maybe take a couple more shots down the field a game, but these receivers have to show their worth first

Perhaps a couple more playaction passes on earlier downs esp. 1st down would help
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
You have to remember that Russell Wilson is still a rookie. And the first loss he had looks more and more impressive the more games the Cardinals play.

They could open things up a little more but if the defense continues to play the way it does, there may not be any need to

Maybe take a couple more shots down the field a game, but these receivers have to show their worth first

Perhaps a couple more playaction passes on earlier downs esp. 1st down would help

What really irks me is that Bevell gets predictable and goes Run-Run-Pass consecutively. Challenge the opposing D's more by throwing on 1st and 2nd down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: