Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints players given Monday off
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need some key personnel changes. I really think that the 3-4 is the way to go in the league. We need to get rid of some dead weight on that line (I'm looking at you, Will Smith and Sedrick Ellis). I just don't think that at this time, we have the personnel to field a competent defense either in the 3-4 or 4-3. I like when Vilma comes back to move to a prototype 3-4 with Vilma, Lofton, Hawthorne and anyone whose name is not Shanle.

The 4-3 we have been running with ZERO pass rush is killing us. We need a GOOD DT. I think Hicks needs the experience and this is the time to get it.

Major props to a fine American, Uncle Buck.

The CHAMPS are going back to form! WHODAT!
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
I think we need some key personnel changes. I really think that the 3-4 is the way to go in the league. We need to get rid of some dead weight on that line (I'm looking at you, Will Smith and Sedrick Ellis). I just don't think that at this time, we have the personnel to field a competent defense either in the 3-4 or 4-3. I like when Vilma comes back to move to a prototype 3-4 with Vilma, Lofton, Hawthorne and anyone whose name is not Shanle.

The 4-3 we have been running with ZERO pass rush is killing us. We need a GOOD DT. I think Hicks needs the experience and this is the time to get it.

If we went a 3-4 I think Wilson would be ideal as a 3-4 OLB, Galette is almost there as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:

If we went a 3-4 I think Wilson would be ideal as a 3-4 OLB, Galette is almost there as well.

I agree. however, I believe we are long overdue for a defensive stud. not talent we have to develop...not a crazy off season trade...I think we are overdue for a patrick willis, or a Suh...Maybe it is just wishful thinking.

Major props to a fine American, Uncle Buck.

The CHAMPS are going back to form! WHODAT!
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switching to a 3-4 in the middle of the season would not go well. Most of these guys have never played in a 3-4 except for in certain packages, that takes a whole offseason to adjust to plus Spags has never been a 3-4 coach. He's not just going to adjust his entire defensive scheme because our DL don't know what pass rush means. Junior has been fine, Cameron Jordan hasn't developed his pass rush at all, Bunkleys purely a run stuffer and Hicks is going to be a monster. I honestly think the defense will get better if Hicks is given substantial playing time, he pushes the pocket EVERY time he steps onto the field, he's going to be a stud.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Switching to a 3-4 in the middle of the season would not go well. Most of these guys have never played in a 3-4 except for in certain packages, that takes a whole offseason to adjust to plus Spags has never been a 3-4 coach. He's not just going to adjust his entire defensive scheme because our DL don't know what pass rush means. Junior has been fine, Cameron Jordan hasn't developed his pass rush at all, Bunkleys purely a run stuffer and Hicks is going to be a monster. I honestly think the defense will get better if Hicks is given substantial playing time, he pushes the pocket EVERY time he steps onto the field, he's going to be a stud.

I love watching Hicks play. It's like watching a bear maul a child every time he steps on the field.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
I love watching Hicks play. It's like watching a bear maul a child every time he steps on the field.

and you like that?

Shocked

You've got some issues man.

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: