Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hudson to IR, Out for Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Hudson to IR, Out for Season Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/250986495320674304

Quote:
#Chiefs injury update: Hudson to IR. Season over

Quote:
Hudson has broken bone in leg. #Chiefs will go with Lilja at C and Allen at LG for time being, at least. They signed two backup linemen.

Last edited by Eric Berry on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well damn. He was starting pretty well too.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh. I was really looking forward to Hudson stepping up as a solid starter this season. I guess we get to see what Jeff Allen can do so I guess there is a silver lining to this cloud.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this sucks in a big big way.

I am honestly fine with Allen starting at guard. I think he will be a stud, but Lilja will worry me even more at center due to his lack of experience snapping the football. His experience blocking and knowing schemes is a benefit though.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
Yeah this sucks in a big big way.

I am honestly fine with Allen starting at guard. I think he will be a stud, but Lilja will worry me even more at center due to his lack of experience snapping the football. His experience blocking and knowing schemes is a benefit though.

I am not too worried about Lilja from an inexperience at center standpoint - I actually think it could work out better having him play center because of the relative inexperience of Asamoah and definitely Allen. Having a veteran anchor in the middle could really help.

The only thing I am worried about is the same thing that was an issue for Casey Wiegmann - big, powerful nose tackles gave Wiegmann fits and I worry the same could happen to Lilja.

EB29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang that sucks! I was really happy with how Hud was progressing. That being said I like Lilja at C although like said earlier his lack of experience is concerning. But his size and strength works much better at C. I think our pass blocking will take a hit as well. Allen still needs time there it's his weakness right now.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
jimmydee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilja should make better, or at least as good, O line calls as Hudson. Hate to see him down, BUT, it might speed up Allen's maturity. Q: Do either of the two new O linemen have experience at center? Not to move Lilja back to guard, but to replace him at center and LEAVE Allen at LG? Thoughts..........
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to NFLDraftscout.com, Bryan Mattison was a defensive tackle/end for the Iowa Hawkeyes. Yawn. Shocked

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets sucked into the Pioli vortex of being signed and cut.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=9997

simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it too much to ask for a season without season ending injuries to our good, young players?

It's also like the injury bug always seems to find the starter whichever position we have terrible depth at.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattison is listed as C at the mothership. However, I don't think both will survive. The team is down to 4 CB (plus Daniels) right now, so I expect a move there as well. It was no coincidence they worked out a bunch of DBs last week.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks. Good thing is Lilja played his best game for us in a long time once he got to Center. Another good thing is I think Allen won't give up the LG job for us for as long as he wants to be here. The bad thing is Rodney was looking like he was gonna be a very good C in this league and now that will be delayed.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad nobody was talking about how we have no experienced back-up at center, and how we should have taken a look at Koppen before the Broncos signed him...oh wait. Instead we - around with the practice squad, carry at least one useless TE and have Pioli's pet project and the man he dreams can be the next Danny Woodhead in Nate Eachus on the ACTIVE ROSTER (SMH).

Oh wait...everyone on here talked about it!
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you guys noticed this, but we instantly started running tons of shotgun plays once Lilja took over. I'm assuming the main reason for that is because Lilja and Cassel haven't had much practice with the center/quarterback exchange, so a shotgun snap has a smaller chance of a bad snap than under center. It'll be interesting to see if that changes our play calls on offense this week and if we run more shotgun than normal. In all honesty, that's what I'm hoping for because it's much easier for QBs to make adjustments pre-snap (not that Cassel does that much at all) and when we run a "short huddle" or "no huddle" offense, we're much more productive from what I've seen this year. That would obviously mean more screen plays, draws and delayed handoffs to Charles (which I'm not a huge fan of), but it'll be something to watch for on Sunday.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn.

And what kind of ticks me off is we had "back-up" centers on the TC roster when Hochstein was on the street, and instead of elevating Patterson to the 53, or having signed Hochstein in TC to be vet back-up and learn the system and gain some familiarity, we did neither. A very myopic decision IMO to essentially ignore our lack of depth right up until we had an injury at the 2nd most important o-line position.

^ryknowssd on the sig
brawl.kc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Is it too much to ask for a season without season ending injuries to our good, young players?

It's also like the injury bug always seems to find the starter whichever position we have terrible depth at.

Yes it is. This is the NFL. Injuries happen. If you have young players starting without a vet to back them up, this is what you get. It is Murphy's Law in action. The one hole you have on your team will be exposed one way or another in this league. There was no real contingency for Hud to go down. The Football Gods don't allow room for error.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: