Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys sign former Bills Punter Brian Moorman
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Cowboys sign former Bills Punter Brian Moorman Reply with quote

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys have signed former Bills punter Brian Moorman.

https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/251069165895565312
Tom Brady Tribute
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Chris Jones was sitting out of practice this week.

Although, I am annoyed because literally DAYS before the Eagles re-signed Mat McBriar. Sad

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is washed up unfortunatly. I will miss Brian. Great guy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moorman's got some leg left. He's a tremendous athlete and a fantastic person. I hope he does well for you guys.
the lone star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New punter before we face arguably the most dangerous punt returner of all time.

Great.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
New punter before we face arguably the most dangerous punt returner of all time.

Great.

Yes the "new" punter definitely doesn't know how to punt at all to a guy like Hester. I mean making two Pro Bowl teams has no relevance to whether he knows what he's doing or not. Rolling Eyes
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bootsy wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Great.

Yes the "new" punter definitely doesn't know how to punt at all to a guy like Hester. I mean making two Pro Bowl teams has no relevance to whether he knows what he's doing or not. Rolling Eyes

His reference to 'new' wasn't inexperience it was referencing new to our scheme. He has had no long established history with our LS nor knowing the nuances to our blocking scheme. And given the inability to have an effective unit on Special Teams, there is a cause for concern.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, another nobody off the street.. Who is this Moorman kid anyway. Did he come from Australia?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bootsy wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Great.

Since when does making the Pro Bowl have any relevance whatsoever?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
bootsy wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Great.

His reference to 'new' wasn't inexperience it was referencing new to our scheme. He has had no long established history with our LS nor knowing the nuances to our blocking scheme. And given the inability to have an effective unit on Special Teams, there is a cause for concern.

Last i heard the punter catches the ball and kicks it. He just has to try to pin the opposing team deep. Yes, he must know where to kick it and when, but thats what a punter has done since he became a punter. He doesnt have to block for himself to kick the ball. I dont see other teams doing crazy new blocking schemes in order for the punter to catch the ball and kick it. He will be fine as long as he can catch and kick.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
bootsy wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Great.

Last i heard the punter catches the ball and kicks it. He just has to try to pin the opposing team deep. Yes, he must know where to kick it and when, but thats what a punter has done since he became a punter. He doesnt have to block for himself to kick the ball. I dont see other teams doing crazy new blocking schemes in order for the punter to catch the ball and kick it. He will be fine as long as he can catch and kick.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
bootsy wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Great.

Thank you. But I do want to be clear, while there is a cause for concern, at the end of the day we are talking about a punter. That gives me some relief.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what exactly the issue is that's keeping Jones out?

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
Does anyone know what exactly the issue is that's keeping Jones out?

Quote:
The 36-year-old Moorman played in all 16 games during each of his previous 11 seasons in Buffalo. The Cowboys could use a healthy punter, after Chris Jones came up hobbling with a sprained knee this week.

Jones had a punt blocked against Seattle and nearly had a second one blocked against the Buccaneers. Tampa Bayís Dekoda Watson was called for a roughing the kicker penalty on Jones, diving into the punterís knee on the failed attempt. It's unclear at this point how long Jones will be sidelined, but he'll have the bye week to rest before being reevaluated

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-RowanKavner/Former-Bills-Punter-Brian-Moorman-To-Sign-With-Cowboys/5740bd8a-e547-43ea-90d5-d5f695054743

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Blitz9493

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I knew who he was and that he was ever in a probowl was because of this...

For the full clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTtOaDvf8co

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: