Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets sign RB Jonathan Grimes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perikirest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handful of videos of him on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k3wtDb6_1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km3dPUAFO4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t70-wDF7QiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpERUyjlF9g

And hes a jazz man Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_a2M2gfcFs

After kinda browsing around from what I could Im not in love with his acceleration or top end speed. His ability to find holes and run through arm tackles for the most part is promising. He was not invited to the combine but I did find his pro day numbers.

Quote:
5'10" 210

40- 4.47
short shuttle- 4.01
pro shuttle- 6.80
225 bench- 23 reps
vertical- 38"
long jump- 10' 6"

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
I'm pretty much off the War Machine train, glad to see us looking else where.

I still don't think our run blocking is that great, but something has to change.

Yeah especially on the left side. Brick is just a bad run blocker. If the Dolphins can't resign Jake Long, we should offer him a slightly better contract then D'Bricks current on and offer up D'Brick elsewhere for like a 2nd or 3rd round pick. It would definitely upgrade the run blocking and pass blocking as well. Long is just a much better tackle than D'brick.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left side remains awful at run blocking. However if Grimes is fast enough to run outside then it is fine with me. Just give us a good yardages to control offense. Thats all I ask for.
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Left side remains awful at run blocking. However if Grimes is fast enough to run outside then it is fine with me. Just give us a good yardages to control offense. Thats all I ask for.

Only saw one video but the guy looked painfully slow and slow to react to holes. I could beat him in a down the field sprint
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Shonn may only have a game or two left to prove himself. I think if Powell plays well against SF the job is his.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

Only saw one video but the guy looked painfully slow and slow to react to holes. I could beat him in a down the field sprint

eek... I hope it was just a bad game.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
teamorange wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

Texans fans seem to be very high on him. They saw him as a replacement for Ben Tate after they trade him for a draft pick. He seems to be a poor man's Foster. His measurables are nearly identical to Doug Martin's, who went in the first round.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
teamorange wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

Texans fans seem to be very high on him. They saw him as a replacement for Ben Tate after they trade him for a draft pick. He seems to be a poor man's Foster. His measurables are nearly identical to Doug Martin's, who went in the first round.

Zone runner is the easiest to find one. Jets do not run ZBS any more. Forget what Texans' fans thoughts. If it was Giants' or Steelers' then it may be a good news.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched some of provided youtube. He played tall so it may be a reason why you thought you could beat him. He has good burst and acceleration. He showed some patience. He does not offer any threat to run outside, unfortunately.

Greene lacked patience and ran into crowd frequently for "forward process" crap. Having Grimes may be more helpful to Sparano and Jets.
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a big Greene supporter all through his average 2011 and even the first game this seasons, but after his last two he needs to be benched.

I don't know if Powell or Grimes will be better but seriously, can they be worst?

Last week I said that Holmes was the most overpaid Jet and needed to be off the team next year. So naturally he went and had one of his best games as a Jet. Here's hoping Greene does the same

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: