Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders cut High 2011 Pick, young OT ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Raiders cut High 2011 Pick, young OT .. Reply with quote

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/29402/Source--Raiders-Cut-Another-Player-From-2011-Draft-Class/Default.aspx

Anyone heard of this guy.. 3rd rd bust I guess.. Doesn't say RT or LT..
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overdrafted OT who had a lot of technical flaws. Has a chance to be a starting caliber OT, but he needs work

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign him!

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely loaded with talent but was never able to put it together. He was graded as a first round pick for quite awhile but bombed terribly in his last year. I was actually shocked when he went in the third, thought he would've dropped much further.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked this guy coming out last year. I'd rather have him on the team than Jordan Black, but it's not saying much.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id sign him like 24-7 said, he can't be worse than Jordan Black. What really sucks though is that the Raiders are keeping Willie Smith over Joseph Barksdale and our coaching staff is so incompetent that they cut Wille Smith for Jordan Black. Now someone, please explain that one to me?

And no, Black is not better than Barksdale nor Smith. I want Willie Smith back, but sadly it seems the raiders value him more than we do and we won't be getting him back anytime soon.

I think Willie Smith might be their starting RT, but I'm not positive about that. I know he got flagged vs the steelers for a chop block on Ziggy Hood. So it seems he seeing playing time in Oakland.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders filled his spot,they signed Andre Carter.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Good signing for them
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Good signing for them

They're gonna sign Jabar Gaffney next, right? Laughing Those Raiders love our former Redskins (Rock Cartwright, Jason Campbell, etc.)
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Id sign him like 24-7 said, he can't be worse than Jordan Black. What really sucks though is that the Raiders are keeping Willie Smith over Joseph Barksdale and our coaching staff is so incompetent that they cut Wille Smith for Jordan Black. Now someone, please explain that one to me?

And no, Black is not better than Barksdale nor Smith. I want Willie Smith back, but sadly it seems the raiders value him more than we do and we won't be getting him back anytime soon.

I think Willie Smith might be their starting RT, but I'm not positive about that. I know he got flagged vs the steelers for a chop block on Ziggy Hood. So it seems he seeing playing time in Oakland.

This past Sunday was his first start.
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Good signing for them

They're gonna sign Jabar Gaffney next, right? Laughing Those Raiders love our former Redskins (Rock Cartwright, Jason Campbell, etc.)

You calm down their sir. Wink Laughing
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

He didnt get flagged for that play even though he should had. Could have really hurt Hood. But yeah me and a lot of Raiders fans have liked what we have seen from Smith so far. He came in cause Barnes got hurt. He may take that starting job pretty soon though. Kinda surprise since we both are running ZBS now.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

He didnt get flagged for that play even though he should had. Could have really hurt Hood. But yeah me and a lot of Raiders fans have liked what we have seen from Smith so far. He came in cause Barnes got hurt. He may take that starting job pretty soon though. Kinda surprise since we both are running ZBS now.
yeah, I'm a big fan of Big Willie Style Smith. I and our team misses him as our reserve OT. Good luck with him and I wish him the best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: