Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worst pick since 1999 semi #2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which pick was worse?
Gerard Warren
56%
 56%  [ 14 ]
Brady Quinn
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 25

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Worst pick since 1999 semi #2 Reply with quote

Gerard Warren 1st
116 tackles 16.5 sacks in 4 seasons

vs.

Brady Quinn 1st
1902 yards 10 TD 9 INT in 3 seasons

Gerard Warren is still my least favorite pick at the time it happend. When the pick was announced I knew it was going to be bad right away. I wanted LaDainian Thomlinson and like I have mentioned several times if asked who the best DLineman in the draft was 999,999 time out of a million the answer would have been Richard Seymour. It would be like Detroit taking someone over Ndamukong Suh. It was plain stupid and the only reason Butch Davis did it was because he once recruited Warren to Miami(Fla). I will put my hate for the pick, Butch Davis and Gerrard Warren aside, however, and use logic bc Brady Quinn was obviously the more evil of the two evils.

Jamison on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tough one in my opinion.

Warren was a huge bust and was a top 5 pick.

We did however trade assets for Quinn and he was straight TRASH.

Tough

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to go Warren here.

Gave up more to get him, had a chance at a HOF-type RB and the simple fact that nobody in the War Room wanted Warren except Butch.

Quinn wasn't so bad in comparison because we did land a HOF-type LT earlier in that draft.

My 2.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Have to go Warren here.

Gave up more to get him, had a chance at a HOF-type RB and the simple fact that nobody in the War Room wanted Warren except Butch.

Quinn wasn't so bad in comparison because we did land a HOF-type LT earlier in that draft.

My 2.

I agree with everything you said except the HOF LT pick had nothing to do with the Quinn pick at all. Trust me I hated the Warren pick and still hate it more than anyone. I just think Quinn was the worse pick. He clearly did nothing in the NFL. He has been the #3 QB for 3 different teams now. Warren did at least make a career for himself and even when he was with us was not a total NFL flop like Gholston, Russell and those guys who are always called bust.

I'm basing my decision on the whole. Quinn was over drafted based on talent whereas Warren was but not near as much. As I already said at least he had enough NFL talent to make it as a solid starter. We had to give up several picks to move up to get Quinn. He didn't just cost us the #22 pick. We burnt a 2nd and the following 1st on getting him. Another reason I am going to say it is a worse pick is bc of how the coaching staff and management handled the situation. They traded up for a supposed franchise QB and then never even let him compete for the job. Even after the starter was traded he was still sitting the bench. The next year we give an average QB a big extention to keep the supposed franchise guy on the bench. It just kept on going.

Jamison on the sig
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Have to go Warren here.

My 2.

I agree with everything you said except the HOF LT pick had nothing to do with the Quinn pick at all. Trust me I hated the Warren pick and still hate it more than anyone. I just think Quinn was the worse pick. He clearly did nothing in the NFL. He has been the #3 QB for 3 different teams now. Warren did at least make a career for himself and even when he was with us was not a total NFL flop like Gholston, Russell and those guys who are always called bust.

I'm basing my decision on the whole. Quinn was over drafted based on talent whereas Warren was but not near as much. As I already said at least he had enough NFL talent to make it as a solid starter. We had to give up several picks to move up to get Quinn. He didn't just cost us the #22 pick. We burnt a 2nd and the following 1st on getting him. Another reason I am going to say it is a worse pick is bc of how the coaching staff and management handled the situation. They traded up for a supposed franchise QB and then never even let him compete for the job. Even after the starter was traded he was still sitting the bench. The next year we give an average QB a big extention to keep the supposed franchise guy on the bench. It just kept on going.

Lot of factors in this. I don't disagree with anything you said, but I still feel Warren was a slightly worse pick.

This vote's the closest out of the bunch.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Quinn, not because of just I'm.... But mainly because I feel that him, McCoy, and Weedon are all symptoms of the same problem. Poor management.
barbequtioner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
I voted for Quinn, not because of just I'm.... But mainly because I feel that him, McCoy, and Weedon are all symptoms of the same problem. Poor management.

Brady Quinn, at least in my summation, was drafted because Mel Kiper wouldnt shut up about him lol
mrpazzo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand where the Warren voters are coming from ie. LT, Richard Seymour. I had to vote for Quinn.

Warren was a bad pick because of who we could have had, and where he was picked versus his production, but he was an NFL defensive lineman. Quinn is not a NFL quarterback plain and simple.

Warren played 11 years in the league. He has 162 games played and 137 starts. At the end of his career he could still play for Belichick as a sub. (11 games in 2011).

Quinn couldn't win the a job here, got beat out by Tebow, and is carrying a clip board to this day. Five years 14 games 12 starts. He hasn't played a full NFL season yet.

And this is footballs future, we gave up picks to get Quinn Sad
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a shocking upset, IMO, Gerard Warren is moving on to the finals

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: