Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy, all is forgiven! :D (Andy watch thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
his run pass ratio right now is hurting the team.


Ok, let's try this again:

Andy scripts the first 15 plays of every game. Marty calls the rest of the offensive plays for each game.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36378
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
his run pass ratio right now is hurting the team.


Ok, let's try this again:

Andy scripts the first 15 plays of every game. Marty calls the rest of the offensive plays for each game.


Andy is the Head Coach, and need to tells Marty to stop being a pass pass pass.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Andy is the Head Coach, and need to tells Marty to stop being a pass pass pass.


True, and I obviously feel the way you do in regards to the play call ratio. But I wonder if Andy, being the HC and all, would tell Washburn to limit the wide 9, or Castillo to stop using any type of zone coverage, or tell Mudd his zone-ish blocking scheme doesn't work with our current personnel?

IMO Andy is a chain of command type of HC. He sets up jobs for each level of his coaching staff, and let's them do their thing. He interferes when things "get out of hand," but sometimes that's too late.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36378
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Andy is the Head Coach, and need to tells Marty to stop being a pass pass pass.


True, and I obviously feel the way you do in regards to the play call ratio. But I wonder if Andy, being the HC and all, would tell Washburn to limit the wide 9, or Castillo to stop using any type of zone coverage, or tell Mudd his zone-ish blocking scheme doesn't work with our current personnel?

IMO Andy is a chain of command type of HC. He sets up jobs for each level of his coaching staff, and let's them do their thing. He interferes when things "get out of hand," but sometimes that's too late.


Our Oline doesn't work, because Dallas isn't talented enough and Bell doesn't understand the Scheme.

And I like the chain of command thing, but Andy is an offensive minded guy, and tapping Marty on the shoulder during a game wouldn't really be too hard.

I think the Andy bashing is silly, I think he's an excellent coach, and if he should get fired he will have plenty of offers. But if he continues to pass and pass and pass, it won't end pretty for him in Philly.

Lovie Smith told Mike Martz to run the ball. Because of a bad Oline, it helped out the Bears offense a lot.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broadway Joe


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 7737
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Andy is the Head Coach, and need to tells Marty to stop being a pass pass pass.


True, and I obviously feel the way you do in regards to the play call ratio. But I wonder if Andy, being the HC and all, would tell Washburn to limit the wide 9, or Castillo to stop using any type of zone coverage, or tell Mudd his zone-ish blocking scheme doesn't work with our current personnel?

IMO Andy is a chain of command type of HC. He sets up jobs for each level of his coaching staff, and let's them do their thing. He interferes when things "get out of hand," but sometimes that's too late.


Why shouldn't he said something if it's hurting the team? Why does he put up with that crap for all this years? Besides we were pass wacky even before Morhinweg.

If it's a chain of comand type of thing, Andy couldn't tell Washburn about the Wide 9 but he damn well tell Castillo about errors. The same with Morhinweg he is under direct orders from Reid.

Phire wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
Disgusting, ultimate inability to adjust and prepare this football team:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-talk/Bounce-back-Eagles-have-done-it-before?blockID=778311&feedID=692

Quote:
Since 2000, the Eagles have lost 12 games by 21 or more points. How have they responded? Winning their next game nine of those times and winning them by an average of 15.3 points per game.


Quote:
The only three times the Eagles have lost in their first game after a blowout defeat came twice in 2005 with Mike McMahon at quarterback and then again in 2009 with the consecutive season-ending losses to the Cowboys that ended Donovan McNabb’s stay in Philly and opened the door for Kolb to take over.


FIRE HIM.


I agree we lose way too often by more than 21 points. Are you seriously implying he does not suck at adjusting?


Undefeated after BYE?

FIREHIM


And that is good enough for you?
_________________

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21607
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/understanding-andy-2/

Really nice article on what makes Andy tick, and why he passes so much.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonu62882


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 18696
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/understanding-andy-2/

Really nice article on what makes Andy tick, and why he passes so much.


So, what you're saying is Andy is ill in the head?!

I already knew that!
_________________
RollEagles wrote:
We got jonu back.That was a big win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RBrown86


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 22738
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/understanding-andy-2/

Really nice article on what makes Andy tick, and why he passes so much.


I understand his philosophy, but he has to realize that McCoy is by far the best player on this team. So how about giving the Eagles best player the ball most/more?
_________________

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21607
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBrown86 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/understanding-andy-2/

Really nice article on what makes Andy tick, and why he passes so much.


I understand his philosophy, but he has to realize that McCoy is by far the best player on this team. So how about giving the Eagles best player the ball most/more?


Cause Andy doesn't like running the ball?
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49685
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy doesn't want to wear him out or risk him getting injured in week 1, 2, or 3 Cool

Once the playbook opens up down the stretch we will see Shady all day.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RBrown86


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 22738
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RBrown86 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/understanding-andy-2/

Really nice article on what makes Andy tick, and why he passes so much.


I understand his philosophy, but he has to realize that McCoy is by far the best player on this team. So how about giving the Eagles best player the ball most/more?


Cause Andy doesn't like running the ball?



_________________

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49685
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBrown86 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RBrown86 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/understanding-andy-2/

Really nice article on what makes Andy tick, and why he passes so much.


I understand his philosophy, but he has to realize that McCoy is by far the best player on this team. So how about giving the Eagles best player the ball most/more?


Cause Andy doesn't like running the ball?




Never get tired of that gif Laughing
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21607
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I envisage Andy likes running the ball as much as he liked eating his greens as a kid
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36378
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
I envisage Andy likes running the ball as much as he liked eating his greens as a kid


Don't pick on Andy just because he got big bones
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BatCountry!


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 5524
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see how this thread has gone after Sunday, hah..
_________________

^^^ McNabbNo5

Sapere aude!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group