Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 140, 141, 142  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Congrats on the new Raiders! Was a pretty big fan of the three former Packers.

What are you doing here?!?

Feels so weird seeing anyone from wayta in the Raider forum.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the deal with these 2 new guys? If they have value, why did it take so long for them to find a team?

I don't want to come off as pessimistic, but I'm just curious.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
daineraider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Finally my dreams have come true. We signed vic so'oto.

Now we have our pass rusher. He is only going to get better.

I hope i dont eat my words later but you guys wont be disappointed. He should be a lock on next years roster as well.

Love So'oto. Got to see a lot of him at BYU. He has serious potential. He was a DE at BYU, but changed positions something like 2-3 times. Lost 2 seasons to injury.

This is a nice pickup. Didn't know he was a street FA. Excited to have him in Oakland.

Yeah So' Oto started his career at BYU at TE. Had played both offense and defense in high school. I think he made the switch to DE his sophomore year. But only took him a year before he was doing very well. Very athletic and fun to watch player. Can only hope he keeps getting better and hasnt reached his peak.

http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=1236472

Sigged by Jamison
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
So what's the deal with these 2 new guys? If they have value, why did it take so long for them to find a team?

You're being realistic. They're fringe players. Just like most of the young fringe players around the league, they might have some potential, but counting on them to contribute right away is asking too much. Depth signings.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Oceanside is a beautiful city. Hopefully this is the Packers connection that works for Reggie. Underwood and Lee haven't so far.

Underwood has done nothing wrong, he got injured that's all, was showing some possibilities on ST
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Oceanside is a beautiful city. Hopefully this is the Packers connection that works for Reggie. Underwood and Lee haven't so far.

Underwood has done nothing wrong, he got injured that's all, was showing some possibilities on ST

I agree. Lee actually didnt do that bad either until the last two games. He needs to improve.

As for So'Oto he was injured which is why he was released this season. He must be healthy now for us to sign him.

While the other two guys are fringe players, they were fringe players on the Packers which is a better roster so they are better players than our fringe players that they are replacing. We dont have good depth much less good fringe players.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
BigMike1b wrote:

You're being realistic. They're fringe players. Just like most of the young fringe players around the league, they might have some potential, but counting on them to contribute right away is asking too much. Depth signings.

+1. Depth, which is a massive need in Oakland. I like the approach from Reggie. Starters are in place, save CB, so he's constantly looking to find players who can contribute and hopefully grow into their own.

I'd rather take a shot on Gurley for example than add some aging TO, Chad, Plax type w/ this team rebuilding.

Hope is, So'oto can regain form he flashed as a rookie and be a nickel pass rusher. Gurley can continue to develop his skills at WR and Ross can hopefully become a decent CB. Ross will likely see the most playing time in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt want to open a new thread but they have Wiz listed as the new backup LS on the depth chart.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Didnt want to open a new thread but they have Wiz listed as the new backup LS on the depth chart.

I like it. To bad we had to find out the hard way how important a backup long snapper can be.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

More interesting, they have Bergstrom at backup LT.

Bergstrom was active last week to play G/T. Shows how much they think of Barksdale.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

More interesting, they have Bergstrom at backup LT.

Bergstrom was active last week to play G/T. Shows how much they think of Barksdale.

Not much Barksdale just released. Gurley announcement should come soon. Barrett Jones looking better and better next draft. Hurd should be in the mix as well as the didnt release him after his injury.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Not much Barksdale just released.

I was wondering how long it would take but it was pretty much a given when they were seemingly ready to give anybody a shot but him.
He was a very poor fit in that scheme so i guess it wasn't worth trying to coach him up into a contributor.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

I was wondering how long it would take but it was pretty much a given when they were seemingly ready to give anybody a shot but him.
He was a very poor fit in that scheme so i guess it wasn't worth trying to coach him up into a contributor.

FIle that under I told you so. Guy was garbage. That trade was baffling. Davis traded into the third WAY before he even knew who'd be available to at the pick. Had Bellichick head scratching if you recall.

2nd round pick in 2012 for Jones and Barksdale. Reyes, Worth, Still. Levonte David Crying or Very sad Vinny Curry Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

FIle that under I told you so. Guy was garbage. That trade was baffling. Davis traded into the third WAY before he even knew who'd be available to at the pick. Had Bellichick head scratching if you recall.

2nd round pick in 2012 for Jones and Barksdale. Reyes, Worth, Still. Levonte David Crying or Very sad Vinny Curry Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It was insane, typical us, and we all hoPed he could develoP too but when street free agents are starting over you there isn't much hope. He can go and chew over old times with Mario Henderson
daineraider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Cant cry about what the old regime did. It isnt going to happen anymore so we should be excited about the drafts going forward. THey wont be quite as exciting with random choices but we should get solid players. Now we just have to deal with one more draft that is a little lighter on picks. A first and second for Palmer was way to much but it is what it is.

Sigged by Jamison

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 140, 141, 142  Next
Page 141 of 142

Jump to: