Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Tebow and the Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
San Francisco 49ers
51%
 51%  [ 14 ]
New York Jets
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Carolina Panthers
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 27

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our run game this year has been very good. We are not breaking out 50+ yard runs but it seems like Gore is getting five a pop. Not many negative runs like last year. Hunter has played pretty good but could play much better. I expect him to break a few big runs but only after we take the top off the defense Laughing .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dying to see what LMJ can do for us. He was so explosive in college. When he comes into the lineup, watch out cuz our run game is going to be unstoppable.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I'm dying to see what LMJ can do for us. He was so explosive in college. When he comes into the lineup, watch out cuz our run game is going to be unstoppable.

Agreed, but right now I'm more interested in seeing Jacobs return. Against a team like the Jets we will have to grind some first downs out on short down situations and he will be the one to do it. James and Jenkins will get their chance next year once Moss and Jacobs most likely leave.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I looked up the Jets rush defense is giving up 148.7 yards a game so far. We need to run and run often in this game. If we don't we could be in trouble. They're 11th against the pass.

Do you have a Spiller/Bush type of RB? Those RBs can run all over the Jets. Any other type of RB will have a lot of problems against the Jets.

Frank Gore can do anything that needs to be done. He doesn't have the high end speed, but he'll break through the first level, at least. He has the vision and moves of a top 3 back in the league. If he were just a tad faster, he'd be a league-wide superstar. But he has been our little secret. He has been an absolute joy to watch since we got him.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
green24 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I looked up the Jets rush defense is giving up 148.7 yards a game so far. We need to run and run often in this game. If we don't we could be in trouble. They're 11th against the pass.

Do you have a Spiller/Bush type of RB? Those RBs can run all over the Jets. Any other type of RB will have a lot of problems against the Jets.

Frank Gore can do anything that needs to be done. He doesn't have the high end speed, but he'll break through the first level, at least. He has the vision and moves of a top 3 back in the league. If he were just a tad faster, he'd be a league-wide superstar. But he has been our little secret. He has been an absolute joy to watch since we got him.
I don't think he's that big of a secret. Most would say he's top 10-12 in RBs in the league. I love me some Gore though that's for sure.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
green24 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

No doubt that Gore is a fantastic RB. I just don't know if he'll be able to run over the Jets defense. The Jets defense lacks in speed and OLBs. The DL is usually very solid against the run. The best example of this is the box score from the Jets/Bills game. Fred Jackson had 15 yards on 6 carries. CJ Spiller had 169 yards on 14 carries.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
green24 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

No doubt that Gore is a fantastic RB. I just don't know if he'll be able to run over the Jets defense. The Jets defense lacks in speed and OLBs. The DL is usually very solid against the run. The best example of this is the box score from the Jets/Bills game. Fred Jackson had 15 yards on 6 carries. CJ Spiller had 169 yards on 14 carries.

I think Frank is just as good running outside the tackles as he is inside. I don't see the need to dismiss him altogether, in favor of a speed back. We may see more Kendall Hunter in this game, but I don't think it will be because you guys have shut down Gore. I don't expect either of our HBs to get 100 yards. But both could have solid games nonetheless.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ryan said he rates Vernon Davis as the top tight end in the NFL, ahead of New England's Rob Gronkowski. And he said Anthony Davis is already one of the top right tackles in the league.

Quote:
"In my mind, he's one of the premier right tackles in the game," Ryan said. "You got a guy who has all the athleticism that you look for. (He's) a power player, he finishes, he's good in pass protection, a tremendous athlete. I think he has all the tools."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Jets-Ryan-compliments-49ers-Davises?blockID=779641&feedID=2800

Wow, definitely high praise for both Vernon/Anthony. I've definitely been pleased with Anthony Davis as he is finally putting it all together. I don't think he hasn't allowed a sack all year and if he did, PFF put the blame on Alex.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
green24 wrote:
Please don't beat us by 20+ points. Thanks.

Oh no, not this time. Vikings did the same thing last week and came here to ask for mercy. Not falling for it again!

Please?
moham-17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^pssst, Jetsman you idiot, what if they're not cat people?

There's only one way I could see the Jets pulling this out, and that one way is for multiple things to happen...

1. Jets O-line holds off the 49er pass rush (keeps it down to 1-2 sacks). I don't see this happening.

2. Playoff Mark shows up (not gonna happen if the first one doesn't come through, and even then Mark will probably be his usual up and down self).

3. Jets contain Frank Gore. The guy is a beast and a smart football player no doubt; and I could be wrong, but the Jets might be able contain him (as opposed to backs that are just insanely explosive).

Then we trade blows with the 49er offense and it's a coin-flip as to who comes out on top.

That's the best case scenario for the Jets. I'd give it a 25-30% chance of happening.
moham-17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
green24 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
green24 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I think Frank is just as good running outside the tackles as he is inside. I don't see the need to dismiss him altogether, in favor of a speed back. We may see more Kendall Hunter in this game, but I don't think it will be because you guys have shut down Gore. I don't expect either of our HBs to get 100 yards. But both could have solid games nonetheless.

It's not so much dismissing him as saying that the Jets are, based solely on their personnel, at less of a disadvantage against guys that aren't pure burners. Frank Gore could very well have a field day, he's that good, but if we had to pick a poison between a very good back that relies heavily on speed vs. a solid all around back who has good vision we'll grab the latter by the horns and hope it doesn't demolish us.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
green24 wrote:
Please don't beat us by 20+ points. Thanks.

Oh no, not this time. Vikings did the same thing last week and came here to ask for mercy. Not falling for it again!

Please?

I'm allergic. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chris Culliver gets a pick and will pitch another near shutout. He has been lights out this year and left on an island for much of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I think Chris Culliver gets a pick and will pitch another near shutout. He has been lights out this year and left on an island for much of the time.

Aside from the ticky-tack call or two, absolutely.

fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Fleener: 21 Recs 222yds 86 YAC Walker: 7 Recs 89yds 13YAC
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Aside from the ticky-tack call or two, absolutely.

As he gets a better reputation, he'll get fewer calls against him. He's just not a household name just yet. When he starts getting a few INTs, that will change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 3 of 54

Jump to: