Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Myers & Ausberry: Our TE's going into the future?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you content at TE going forward, or do you want an upgrade?
We're fine with Myers and Ausberry going into the future
76%
 76%  [ 16 ]
I want to add someone else to start while they back him up
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I've been surprised with the play of our TE's. Myers is just stepping up and balling and every time Ausberry gets his hands on the ball, something good happens. Even Gordon has improved.

I kind of like this TE by committee thing and am cool with riding it out for the season to see how it goes. Then coming back to it at season's end and seeing where we're at with the position. Hopefully BP can keep it up in Adopt A Raider and give us some good insight on Myers.

I agree.
Only thing I would add is Gordon is on a ton of blocking plays and he has been a beast on ST. If all three keep progressing we will be sitting pretty. Especially with the versatility of Reese at FB. There are only a handful of TE's with more yards than Meyers right now.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Am I the only guy who believed in Myers? Laughing

I remember when he was drafted he had a nice preseason catching the ball. Had a lot of the same skills Zach Miller had.

He was held in on blocking duty over the years, but he can catch passes and make guys miss.

To answer the question raised in the poll, if the opportunity is there to add a TE, you take it. They are matchup nightmares if you find the right one. I am all for drafting the best player available. If that guy is a game breaking TE, so be it.

I knew he had good hands. I underrated him athletically.

With as many needs as this team has, I don't share that stance. You can take the BPA at more important positions if Brandon Myers continues to play the way he has. Plus, I think Ausberry has the physical talent to be a matchup nightmare with more experience at TE.

That would be drafting need.

If on the clock, you have a playmaking TE staring you in the face, he's the top guy on your board and you elect to draft another position, that's a need pick. Need always fails over BPA IMO.

Need QB (Russell). BPA (Megatron)

What if the BPA is a RB, or LT? Just because you pass over a position you're already set at doesn't mean you're drafting for need. Every draft has a multitude of good prospects in it. Scouting is what determines a draft pick being good or not.

Look at all the contenders from last season. They all drafted for need in the 1st round. It comes down to being able to balance what you need with who's the best on the board. No GM is stupid enough to just draft the player they think is best without taking his team into consideration first.

False. Buffalo and their RBs. They picked Spiller with Lynch and FJax on the roster.

lol I stand corrected Laughing
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Myers can play this coming week. I read he sustained a concussion in the 4th quarter against the Steelers. What is it with our TE's always getting concussions?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Hopefully Myers can play this coming week. I read he sustained a concussion in the 4th quarter against the Steelers. What is it with our TE's always getting concussions?

On a hit by none other than Ryan freaking Mundy...

And it's crazy how many concussions we've had so far.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All 3 of our TE's on the roster have greatly stepped up in a big way. Myers is doing everything right, Ausberry has shown nice flashes, and even Gordon has made great strides. The TE position definitely isn't as huge an issue as it was before the season.

With that said, let's not get carried away 3 games into the season. So far, I have been more than pleased, but let's see how they keep things up & how the rest of the season plays out. To me, all 3 are upgradeable at this moment.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Am I the only guy who believed in Myers? Laughing

I remember when he was drafted he had a nice preseason catching the ball. Had a lot of the same skills Zach Miller had.

He was held in on blocking duty over the years, but he can catch passes and make guys miss.

To answer the question raised in the poll, if the opportunity is there to add a TE, you take it. They are matchup nightmares if you find the right one. I am all for drafting the best player available. If that guy is a game breaking TE, so be it.

No. I spoke well of the guy in the offseason. He looked like Palmer's favorite target out there. He may not be as athletic as Boss or Miller but that move he made on Foote in the middle of the field put a big smile on my face.

To me you, want a matchup nightmare? Look no further than Joe Fauria out of UCLA.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
="big_palooka"]
Reggies seems to be a man tied to his board also. We can at least rest assured we shouldn't see another BPA (Rodgers) in 2005, trade to 23 and take Fabian Washington (need?) play agains anytime soon.

I thought we traded up to get Aaron to back-up Gannon but Al seemed to love Collins big arm...
We had Woodson, and Buchanon as the starters (before Al traded Phillip) and Asomugha as the back-up.
Then he takes Washington and Routt. Rolling Eyes
I think both were in his doghouse as Buchanon had just ripped the franchised for how they handled Woodson's contract situation. They should have gave him the same contract Bailey got in 2004 instead of franchising him multiple times. Sad
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
All 3 of our TE's on the roster have greatly stepped up in a big way. Myers is doing everything right, Ausberry has shown nice flashes, and even Gordon has made great strides. The TE position definitely isn't as huge an issue as it was before the season.

With that said, let's not get carried away 3 games into the season. So far, I have been more than pleased, but let's see how they keep things up & how the rest of the season plays out. To me, all 3 are upgradeable at this moment.

agree.

myers does a great job of finding pockets in the defense to get open. havent seen any "wow" catches but the te's job is dirty work. im happy so far and i hope we see more 2 or even 3te sets and my boy gordon caught a td Cool

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palooka is right on this one. If they can get a game changer at TE, I'd be pleased with that, but it's not really a pressing need. Myers is solid all around, and I've always liked Ausberry dating back to his SC days, even though he's never really had the production to match his talent. I think he could develop into a really solid TE.

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
Palooka is right on this one. If they can get a game changer at TE, I'd be pleased with that, but it's not really a pressing need. Myers is solid all around, and I've always liked Ausberry dating back to his SC days, even though he's never really had the production to match his talent. I think he could develop into a really solid TE.

Yeah but if you draft a TE it doesn't really help your pass rush. Personally I draft for need and if a player I need isn't there I trade out.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4_t0LhW04I

David Ausberry has an 18.7 ypc, he would be putting up Jimmy Graham #'s if he got more PT Cool Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:

David Ausberry has an 18.7 ypc, he would be putting up Jimmy Graham #'s if he got more PT Cool Laughing

Look at big boy run! If that's not entertaining to watch, I don't know what is.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm .. ausberry seems to flash potential.. myers aint to shabby

Im impressed yet Cool
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:

dont know how i missed that musta been during the blackout but damm

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
sandiegoraider1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like our TE's for the future. Remember both Gordon and Ausberry are second year players with lots of room to grow, and both are actually quite athletic Gordon ran a low 4.6 at 265ish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: