Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turnaround
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
When is Sherrod getting back? After week 6 was it?

He "could" come back after week 6. I have said from day one that Newhouse would need to fall flat on his face before Mac would pull that move. Well, we are three games in and........

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, thanks for the clarification. Yeah, if Newhouse continues this poor play up, I don't see how Mike can reasonably justify him starting.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just can't get beat inside like that, just can't happen!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
I see, thanks for the clarification. Yeah, if Newhouse continues this poor play up, I don't see how Mike can reasonably justify him starting.

There was one play in particular. I think it counted as Aaron's 8th sack. Newhouse has a great block on Clemens. Rodgers rolls left so Newhouse can finish him off. Then Newhouse just stands upright and lets go of Clemens, who then slams Rodgers from behind. He just gave up on the play. Inexcusable, I thought we were going to shift Lang to LT and put EDS at LG.

palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:

There was one play in particular. I think it counted as Aaron's 8th sack. Newhouse has a great block on Clemens. Rodgers rolls left so Newhouse can finish him off. Then Newhouse just stands upright and lets go of Clemens, who then slams Rodgers from behind. He just gave up on the play. Inexcusable, I thought we were going to shift Lang to LT and put EDS at LG.

Sadly, that in bold has played out more than once. As I said last week, I would have given a passion red if I broke down a prospect that did the like. That's two weeks in a row now!

LIS, I can at some level eat the length guys beating him from time to time. That's a skill set issue and a problem at large that many share with him. Man needs to hang with those motor guys though and getting beat inside at this level is a sure way of getting your walking papers. Just no reason for it, NONE!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccecilnosebleed wrote:
Forgive me if this has been brought up, but does anyone think that Clements moving from QB Coach to OC is having a bigger impact than maybe we might have thought?

It occurred to me last night that there seem to be fundamental things that Rodgers is weak on this year that weren't issues last year- and perhaps Clements is a better QB guy than he is a game planner and play caller?

Clements doesn't call the plays. I have noticed Rodgers sits with Tom on the bench and they seem to go over what is happening. I suppose McAdoo is somewhere around there...

Last night in the first half Rodgers got blasted by Seattle and MM wouldn't try a different tactic until the second half. Once we ran the ball and shortened up the passing routes instead of trying to go 20 yards a crack Rodgers miraculously played better. It is easy to play QB when you aren't being sacked 3 seconds after the ball is snapped. I applaud Rodgers for hanging in there after getting beat up for 2 quarters and never giving up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:

Sadly, that in bold has played out more than once. As I said last week, I would have given a passion red if I broke down a prospect that did the like. That's two weeks in a row now!

LIS, I can at some level eat the length guys beating him from time to time. That's a skill set issue and a problem at large that many share with him. Man needs to hang with those motor guys though and getting beat inside at this level is a sure way of getting your walking papers. Just no reason for it, NONE!

Unfortunately unless we move Lang over to LT and put EDS at LG we are stuck with Newhouse for a while (but if we do this all we have as a backup is Barclay). Confused

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:

Unfortunately unless we move Lang over to LT and put EDS at LG we are stuck with Newhouse for a while (but if we do this all we have as a backup is Barclay). Confused

Palmy, I agree full-fledged. It's the one thing that's inexcusable to me as an o-lineman. If you get beat by a guy it doesn't bother me. It happens. Getting beat regularly will get you benched, but I want each lineman to try everything they have to stop the rusher. Nothing makes me more upset about a player than if he just doesn't try.

Pugger, Newhouse would still be a solid backup to bring in. Could get us out of a game at 4 of the 5 spots. I just don't think we can realistically start him and expect Rodgers to remain conscious.

Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think another issue our offense is facing is the way the replacement officials are allowing DBs to have contact with receivers past 5 yards. You see it in a lot of other games too. It doesn't help us if when the ball arrives on time the receiver drops it... Confused

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much like the 2010, the biggest key to the offense turning things around is the line hitting its stride.

Newhouse has been awful through three weeks. He's faced some tough rushers, but just about every team has a tough blindside rusher.

I don't know if the answer is Sherrod, or if Newhouse can find it, but the line is the key.

Part of that, however, is running the ball. MM needs to commit to the run so that the OL can play a little offense, and the D Line isn't pinning their ears back.

If those two things happen, the offense will come around. Can't have the drops though!
Kampman74

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright lets hope Sherrod can play too. If not we have another in the next off-season. Hopefully TT attacks the oline situation like he did the defense this off-season, cause that oline needs to get better. Saturday enjoy your money this year, no way in hell you ever see another dime from the Pack. Newhouse have fun on the bench in 2013!!

Palmy anybody get a passing grade on this oline in three weeks?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a tough watch, no doubt. Only as strong as your weakest link though. Not many lines excel with said weak links coming at center and left tackle. Can't help both of them!

Our interior is getting there. That's the same old Sitton/Lang and Saturday is getting better as he grows into the system. My issue with all three has more to do with their pay to play. All of them have their flaws but they are all NFL caliber players. LIS, it more so has to do with your ability to look at Sitton's paycheck and ask yourself if your ok with his lack of drive skills at RG considering his pay. Same deal with Lang. Lang is a good over all football player but if he misses ya with his initial six inch pop you can get him. In that, Lang can be had by speed and hands guys from time to time. Saturday is a different deal. His only real value at this point comes pre snap and if the offense is not playing well.........

Like I said though, no stars in my eyes but all NFL starters inside. Tackle has been a different story so far. I sure Bulaga will get that thing cleaned up sooner rather than later. Not so sure Newhouse is flat good enough right now though. Good enough to make any 53, but as a starter might have flaws at all five spots. Starting to think he is just a high end gameday bench hand. Nothing wrong with that. His ability to get ya out of a game at four of the five would hold true roster value. Fact is, I'm not real sure he is not the worst starting left tackle in the league when your looking at him from that POV. I new he would have his struggles over some because of the skill set lean. Felt he would hold his own over the passion players though. If ya can't block any of them.......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy i get the feeling that as a fan your quite disgusted with Newhouse Very Happy

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astute observation..... Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let's assign blame for execution once the plays came in, because it's fun:

11% rodgers for not checking out of deep pass plays and holding the ball regardless

19% interior lineman (split more heavily toward saturday who got whipped on one sack)

(30%)

38% Bulaga who got whupped on consecutive plays by the same player on the same move. Can't get beat the same way twice bro!

32% Newhouse who played an overall poor game and gave up inside lanes to the qb multiple times.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: