Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis Knee Injury: Torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeyL.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a human being I am saddened by this. I really dislike when top flight players go down. I loved watching Revis manhandle receivers.

As a fins fan it makes Jets week a little less stressful, but no matter who is on the field we always seem to play close, so who know.

Tough break for you all and I hope he comes back 100%.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the loss of Revis is overstated. Certainly a HUGE loss for any team but we play the AFC south and the NFC West, what top QBs/passing teams do we play? Ok NE, Houston, after that is VERY soft. I guess the Chargers but after that it is a huge drop off.

I think losing Revis is bad but our problems before are still our problems now. We need our LB core to be more athletic. We need our front line to get a push on passing downs. We need our receivers to get open. We need a running game.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
I think the loss of Revis is overstated. Certainly a HUGE loss for any team but we play the AFC south and the NFC West, what top QBs/passing teams do we play? Ok NE, Houston, after that is VERY soft. I guess the Chargers but after that it is a huge drop off.

I think losing Revis is bad but our problems before are still our problems now. We need our LB core to be more athletic. We need our front line to get a push on passing downs. We need our receivers to get open. We need a running game.

While I agree with this in theory, I think you underrate the teams in the NFC west. The Cardinals are the real deal. We play them at home an right now have a really good defense. Not to mention having Cro up against Larry Fitzgerald whose a physical receiver. Could be ugly although neither of their QBs scare me as you mentioned. I don't think we could go into Seattle and win that game either. I could see Mark Sanchez having a meltdown in that atmosphere.

When the schedule came out I figured we might be 2-3 to start after the first five and then even if we lost 2 to NE, that I could only see one more loss. I just don't think were very good at all though. The defense was overrated even with Revis, and he was easily the best player we had. Offensively we have no WRs outside of Tone, who isn't a true number 1 target and the slowest RB in football. We just dont do anything even good on either side of the ball right now. Its still early and we could find our identity at any point of this season with a few changes, but I don't I'm not so sure thats in the cards for us this season. Im still of the opinion we need a culture change all around this organization regardless of how that makes other fans feel.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
green24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis is seeking a second opinion on his knee. Don't get your hopes up.

Also, the Jets are bringing in CB Chris Carr for a tryout this week.
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
teamorange wrote:

While I agree with this in theory, I think you underrate the teams in the NFC west. The Cardinals are the real deal. We play them at home an right now have a really good defense. Not to mention having Cro up against Larry Fitzgerald whose a physical receiver. Could be ugly although neither of their QBs scare me as you mentioned. I don't think we could go into Seattle and win that game either. I could see Mark Sanchez having a meltdown in that atmosphere.

When the schedule came out I figured we might be 2-3 to start after the first five and then even if we lost 2 to NE, that I could only see one more loss. I just don't think were very good at all though. The defense was overrated even with Revis, and he was easily the best player we had. Offensively we have no WRs outside of Tone, who isn't a true number 1 target and the slowest RB in football. We just dont do anything even good on either side of the ball right now. Its still early and we could find our identity at any point of this season with a few changes, but I don't I'm not so sure thats in the cards for us this season. Im still of the opinion we need a culture change all around this organization regardless of how that makes other fans feel.

Nooo, I don't think they are bad teams I think their passing offense are poor. The area in which Revis obviously impacts the most. I just don't see those teams passing much on us with or without Revis. Plus Rex knows Revis isn't coming back this year so he will be able to make adjustments over the course of a few weeks. I still don't see us as a great team probably a 7-9 to a 9-7 team, maybe if the ball bounces our way a few times a 10-6 team.

Also maybe this year will be a growing year for a few players, they know they will have to do more without our best player (Ewing effect?) and will step up and transpose to later years.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally forgot about Revis vs. Fitz, makes me sad Sad

I wanted to see Revis bully him.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Nooo, I don't think they are bad teams I think their passing offense are poor. The area in which Revis obviously impacts the most. I just don't see those teams passing much on us with or without Revis. Plus Rex knows Revis isn't coming back this year so he will be able to make adjustments over the course of a few weeks. I still don't see us as a great team probably a 7-9 to a 9-7 team, maybe if the ball bounces our way a few times a 10-6 team.

Also maybe this year will be a growing year for a few players, they know they will have to do more without our best player (Ewing effect?) and will step up and transpose to later years.

Yeah you make a good point. i think we win 7 games honestly. well see what happens, but either way there needs to be drastic changes. I think a lot of us are getting sick of the way this team conducts itself and than in turn performs. I honestly want to see a real QB competition next year since were stuck with Sanchez. I just think we created such a mess.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:

I don't know about bully...

I was looking forward to seeing Revis go against Johnson and Fitz though.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

I don't know about bully...

I was looking forward to seeing Revis go against Johnson and Fitz though.

He bullied both in the past so idk why you're implying it isn't realistic that he would.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad because this looked like it might have been the season that Revis finally wins DPOY.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
It's sad because this looked like it might have been the season that Revis finally wins DPOY.
No. Just no. At this point anyone not named Watt would be a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
green24 wrote:

He said, "might have been" which Revis was definitely on a short list (he always is) for DPOY. It is week 3 there is no sense in calling anything at this point.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
green24 wrote:

If Revis were able to play more than one game, he'd have a better argument too.

He was already well on his way by dominating Stevie.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't win DPOY in this league unless you compile the sexy stats: sacks, INTs, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, maybe stuffs. If Revis' 09 wasn't good enough nothing he will ever do will be good enough. Professional sports awards are a joke.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:

You'd have a point with the first paragraph if this were any other team.

The Jets will live and die by their defense and their defense lives and dies by the success of their man coverage. Cromartie is going to lose against #1s a lot more often than Revis, and putting Wilson and whoever your dime CB was as the nickel is just asking to be lit up.

This is why the whole Jets scheme is massively flawed. Al Davis made it abundantly clear 20 years ago that you can't maintain success overpaying for CBs. You need to build in the trenches and front 7, not back 7.

Jetsman82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
green24 wrote:

If Revis were able to play more than one game, he'd have a better argument too.

He was already well on his way by dominating Stevie.

Except not at all?

JJ Watt is three steps ahead of every defensive player right now. The only one who comes close is Ware.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: