Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis Knee Injury: Torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
joeyL.


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 935
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a human being I am saddened by this. I really dislike when top flight players go down. I loved watching Revis manhandle receivers.

As a fins fan it makes Jets week a little less stressful, but no matter who is on the field we always seem to play close, so who know.

Tough break for you all and I hope he comes back 100%.
_________________

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 13156
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the loss of Revis is overstated. Certainly a HUGE loss for any team but we play the AFC south and the NFC West, what top QBs/passing teams do we play? Ok NE, Houston, after that is VERY soft. I guess the Chargers but after that it is a huge drop off.

I think losing Revis is bad but our problems before are still our problems now. We need our LB core to be more athletic. We need our front line to get a push on passing downs. We need our receivers to get open. We need a running game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8573
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
I think the loss of Revis is overstated. Certainly a HUGE loss for any team but we play the AFC south and the NFC West, what top QBs/passing teams do we play? Ok NE, Houston, after that is VERY soft. I guess the Chargers but after that it is a huge drop off.

I think losing Revis is bad but our problems before are still our problems now. We need our LB core to be more athletic. We need our front line to get a push on passing downs. We need our receivers to get open. We need a running game.


While I agree with this in theory, I think you underrate the teams in the NFC west. The Cardinals are the real deal. We play them at home an right now have a really good defense. Not to mention having Cro up against Larry Fitzgerald whose a physical receiver. Could be ugly although neither of their QBs scare me as you mentioned. I don't think we could go into Seattle and win that game either. I could see Mark Sanchez having a meltdown in that atmosphere.

When the schedule came out I figured we might be 2-3 to start after the first five and then even if we lost 2 to NE, that I could only see one more loss. I just don't think were very good at all though. The defense was overrated even with Revis, and he was easily the best player we had. Offensively we have no WRs outside of Tone, who isn't a true number 1 target and the slowest RB in football. We just dont do anything even good on either side of the ball right now. Its still early and we could find our identity at any point of this season with a few changes, but I don't I'm not so sure thats in the cards for us this season. Im still of the opinion we need a culture change all around this organization regardless of how that makes other fans feel.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis is seeking a second opinion on his knee. Don't get your hopes up.

Also, the Jets are bringing in CB Chris Carr for a tryout this week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 13156
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
teamorange wrote:
I think the loss of Revis is overstated. Certainly a HUGE loss for any team but we play the AFC south and the NFC West, what top QBs/passing teams do we play? Ok NE, Houston, after that is VERY soft. I guess the Chargers but after that it is a huge drop off.

I think losing Revis is bad but our problems before are still our problems now. We need our LB core to be more athletic. We need our front line to get a push on passing downs. We need our receivers to get open. We need a running game.


While I agree with this in theory, I think you underrate the teams in the NFC west. The Cardinals are the real deal. We play them at home an right now have a really good defense. Not to mention having Cro up against Larry Fitzgerald whose a physical receiver. Could be ugly although neither of their QBs scare me as you mentioned. I don't think we could go into Seattle and win that game either. I could see Mark Sanchez having a meltdown in that atmosphere.

When the schedule came out I figured we might be 2-3 to start after the first five and then even if we lost 2 to NE, that I could only see one more loss. I just don't think were very good at all though. The defense was overrated even with Revis, and he was easily the best player we had. Offensively we have no WRs outside of Tone, who isn't a true number 1 target and the slowest RB in football. We just dont do anything even good on either side of the ball right now. Its still early and we could find our identity at any point of this season with a few changes, but I don't I'm not so sure thats in the cards for us this season. Im still of the opinion we need a culture change all around this organization regardless of how that makes other fans feel.


Nooo, I don't think they are bad teams I think their passing offense are poor. The area in which Revis obviously impacts the most. I just don't see those teams passing much on us with or without Revis. Plus Rex knows Revis isn't coming back this year so he will be able to make adjustments over the course of a few weeks. I still don't see us as a great team probably a 7-9 to a 9-7 team, maybe if the ball bounces our way a few times a 10-6 team.

Also maybe this year will be a growing year for a few players, they know they will have to do more without our best player (Ewing effect?) and will step up and transpose to later years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GangGreen420


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 2655
Location: FL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally forgot about Revis vs. Fitz, makes me sad Sad

I wanted to see Revis bully him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8573
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
teamorange wrote:
I think the loss of Revis is overstated. Certainly a HUGE loss for any team but we play the AFC south and the NFC West, what top QBs/passing teams do we play? Ok NE, Houston, after that is VERY soft. I guess the Chargers but after that it is a huge drop off.

I think losing Revis is bad but our problems before are still our problems now. We need our LB core to be more athletic. We need our front line to get a push on passing downs. We need our receivers to get open. We need a running game.


While I agree with this in theory, I think you underrate the teams in the NFC west. The Cardinals are the real deal. We play them at home an right now have a really good defense. Not to mention having Cro up against Larry Fitzgerald whose a physical receiver. Could be ugly although neither of their QBs scare me as you mentioned. I don't think we could go into Seattle and win that game either. I could see Mark Sanchez having a meltdown in that atmosphere.

When the schedule came out I figured we might be 2-3 to start after the first five and then even if we lost 2 to NE, that I could only see one more loss. I just don't think were very good at all though. The defense was overrated even with Revis, and he was easily the best player we had. Offensively we have no WRs outside of Tone, who isn't a true number 1 target and the slowest RB in football. We just dont do anything even good on either side of the ball right now. Its still early and we could find our identity at any point of this season with a few changes, but I don't I'm not so sure thats in the cards for us this season. Im still of the opinion we need a culture change all around this organization regardless of how that makes other fans feel.


Nooo, I don't think they are bad teams I think their passing offense are poor. The area in which Revis obviously impacts the most. I just don't see those teams passing much on us with or without Revis. Plus Rex knows Revis isn't coming back this year so he will be able to make adjustments over the course of a few weeks. I still don't see us as a great team probably a 7-9 to a 9-7 team, maybe if the ball bounces our way a few times a 10-6 team.

Also maybe this year will be a growing year for a few players, they know they will have to do more without our best player (Ewing effect?) and will step up and transpose to later years.


Yeah you make a good point. i think we win 7 games honestly. well see what happens, but either way there needs to be drastic changes. I think a lot of us are getting sick of the way this team conducts itself and than in turn performs. I honestly want to see a real QB competition next year since were stuck with Sanchez. I just think we created such a mess.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19871
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
I totally forgot about Revis vs. Fitz, makes me sad Sad

I wanted to see Revis bully him.

I don't know about bully...

I was looking forward to seeing Revis go against Johnson and Fitz though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
glenearl18


Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 374
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
I totally forgot about Revis vs. Fitz, makes me sad Sad

I wanted to see Revis bully him.

I don't know about bully...

I was looking forward to seeing Revis go against Johnson and Fitz though.


He bullied both in the past so idk why you're implying it isn't realistic that he would.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad because this looked like it might have been the season that Revis finally wins DPOY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18228
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
It's sad because this looked like it might have been the season that Revis finally wins DPOY.
No. Just no. At this point anyone not named Watt would be a joke.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 13156
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
green24 wrote:
It's sad because this looked like it might have been the season that Revis finally wins DPOY.
No. Just no. At this point anyone not named Watt would be a joke.


He said, "might have been" which Revis was definitely on a short list (he always is) for DPOY. It is week 3 there is no sense in calling anything at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19871
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
green24 wrote:
It's sad because this looked like it might have been the season that Revis finally wins DPOY.
No. Just no. At this point anyone not named Watt would be a joke.

If Revis were able to play more than one game, he'd have a better argument too.

He was already well on his way by dominating Stevie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
glenearl18


Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 374
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't win DPOY in this league unless you compile the sexy stats: sacks, INTs, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, maybe stuffs. If Revis' 09 wasn't good enough nothing he will ever do will be good enough. Professional sports awards are a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
I think the loss of Revis is overstated. Certainly a HUGE loss for any team but we play the AFC south and the NFC West, what top QBs/passing teams do we play? Ok NE, Houston, after that is VERY soft. I guess the Chargers but after that it is a huge drop off.

I think losing Revis is bad but our problems before are still our problems now. We need our LB core to be more athletic. We need our front line to get a push on passing downs. We need our receivers to get open. We need a running game.


You'd have a point with the first paragraph if this were any other team.

The Jets will live and die by their defense and their defense lives and dies by the success of their man coverage. Cromartie is going to lose against #1s a lot more often than Revis, and putting Wilson and whoever your dime CB was as the nickel is just asking to be lit up.

This is why the whole Jets scheme is massively flawed. Al Davis made it abundantly clear 20 years ago that you can't maintain success overpaying for CBs. You need to build in the trenches and front 7, not back 7.

Jetsman82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
green24 wrote:
It's sad because this looked like it might have been the season that Revis finally wins DPOY.
No. Just no. At this point anyone not named Watt would be a joke.

If Revis were able to play more than one game, he'd have a better argument too.

He was already well on his way by dominating Stevie.


Except not at all?

JJ Watt is three steps ahead of every defensive player right now. The only one who comes close is Ware.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group