Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Backstabbing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Backstabbing Reply with quote

Heard from Alfred Williams the former OT Ryan Harris went into the HOU defensive locker room and gave them all of Peytons audible and hand signals prior to the game. Now I know this is done all the time, but how does this look to the future employer knowing he'll give major details about their team to anyone willing to shell out $$ ? Could you put in no disclosure clauses into NFL contracts ?

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Backstabbing Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Heard from Alfred Williams the former OT Ryan Harris went into the HOU defensive locker room and gave them all of Peytons audible and hand signals prior to the game. Now I know this is done all the time, but how does this look to the future employer knowing he'll give major details about their team to anyone willing to shell out $$ ? Could you put in no disclosure clauses into NFL contracts ?

How could you ever enforce it?
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning changes his hand signals every week, like every other QB in the league. The terminology changes every week too, and Manning doesn't tell his Offense until Saturday what signals he is going to use.

Sure, Ryan Harris might have told the Texans a few inside tidbits (maybe about Peyton's limitations right now) but nothing more than the usual that goes on around the league. Remember the Jets signed Kevin O'Connell after the Pats cut him, then made him Captain for the game? Laughing

It is just a part of the NFL.

MUFC OK
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wouldn't Ryan Harris do that? This isn't backstabbing, that is just smart. Here is the fact, he is no a Bronco. He has not ties or loyalties to a team that cut him. This is like a runner on second stealing signs for the batter.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Why wouldn't Ryan Harris do that? This isn't backstabbing, that is just smart. Here is the fact, he is no a Bronco. He has not ties or loyalties to a team that cut him. This is like a runner on second stealing signs for the batter.

i believe you switched those words around Smile
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Oops...must be my lydexia. I once ran into a bra for a drink.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Oops...must be my lydexia. I once ran into a bra for a drink.
We're serious, you should try to get your own show. Laughing
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
dbronx42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't even know how Ryan Harris has a job in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Manning changes his hand signals every week, like every other QB in the league. The terminology changes every week too, and Manning doesn't tell his Offense until Saturday what signals he is going to use.

Sure, Ryan Harris might have told the Texans a few inside tidbits (maybe about Peyton's limitations right now) but nothing more than the usual that goes on around the league. Remember the Jets signed Kevin O'Connell after the Pats cut him, then made him Captain for the game? Laughing

Not what happened. The Pats cut O'Connell relatively early in TC before his second season and he was claimed by the Lions. The Jets traded a conditional 7th (conditions were never met) to the Lions for him. He stayed with the Jets for a few years. He was the captain for the Jets-Patriots patriots game that was a few weeks into that season.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Not what happened. The Pats cut O'Connell relatively early in TC before his second season and he was claimed by the Lions. The Jets traded a conditional 7th (conditions were never met) to the Lions for him. He stayed with the Jets for a few years. He was the captain for the Jets-Patriots patriots game that was a few weeks into that season.

What the heck is a Jets fan doing in here right now? Used to be a Broncos fan then Tebow went East?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

You guys tried to get signals from Reche Caldwell but he wouldnt say anything w/o a contract. Laughing
lomaxgr wrote:
All the signals should basically change. If they dont you deserve to suffer the consequences.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Hmm ... Wikipedia says that he was cut by the Patriots on September 1st, then traded by the Lions on September 6th and made Captain on September 20th against the Patriots (a mere two weeks after becoming a Jet). I wasn't far off at all ...

MUFC OK
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
I still don't even know how Ryan Harris has a job in the NFL.

He's a better fit in the Texans scheme. They don't really have another Offensive Tacke and Harris hasn't looked too bad so far. He's actually being rotated in every once in a while with the RT Newton or when the offense has an extra lineman on the field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: