Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I am Picking the Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

Does anyone know who is favored in the game?

Last I heard it was Dallas by 3.5

But really, who cares? Betting lines and predictions are all a bunch of garbage.
raq11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
Okay, so I was premature or something when I figured Forte was going to play but I just saw this:

Quote:
Report: Forte likely to sit Week 4: CBSSports.com NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports Bears running back Matt Forte, who sat out Week 3 with an ankle injury, is likely to sit out again Week 4 at Dallas. According to a team source, the Bears are working out free agent running back Ryan Grant Tuesday.
(Updated 9/25/12)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/559687/matt-forte

Interesting to say the least, and bodes really well for us Dallas fans; sucks for me in Fantasy though. Sad

In all honestly I think La Canfora is just putting 1 and 1 together. Grant doesn't necessarily mean Forte's out
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

SF was a 6.5 point favorite at MIN this past weekend. That really mattered...

You have a more pessimistic attitude toward what you see in the Bears than most. That's clear. But that doesn't mean that the others who don't are out of line either. Nobody is calling this a runaway win, but you make it seem like we're the '08 Lions going up against the '85 Bears headed to play the same Dallas team that has had elite level talent for the past several years and has done absolutely nothing with it.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

You have a more pessimistic attitude toward what you see in the Bears than most. That's clear. But that doesn't mean that the others who don't are out of line either. Nobody is calling this a runaway win, but you make it seem like we're the '08 Lions going up against the '85 Bears headed to play the same Dallas team that has had elite level talent for the past several years and has done absolutely nothing with it.
I gotta say I disagree a bit AZ. I don't think he is being so pessimistic. I think if this team has shown anything the last couple of years, its that just when they look awful they will bust out and crush some team. Conversely, when we are flying high, we fall back to earth...HARD! I can see lots of truth in Windy's comments. I don't think he will be surprised by any means when we win, I just think he wouldn't be surpised either if we throw up a dud on O.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

I am not attacking anyone or trying to say that you are wrong for thinking that the Bears are going to win.

I also made no comments that make us look like the 08 Lions.

I have concerns about playing a talented team at home when our offense is struggling.

My concerns with the Cowboys are all legitimate,

-I fear the talent they have on offense if they can put it together.

[Same could be said for the Bears]

-I fear the pass rush and the exotic looks that Rob Ryan can bring similar to Green Bay.

-I fear that Jay Cutler will implode, but I always fear this.

-I hate playing teams in big games on the road.

You will not hear me with these concerns when we play Jacksonville, but the Cowboys are a really talented team that 3 weeks ago beat up on the Superbowl Champion Giants.

Too me this is a coin flip game between 2 under achieving teams and I would not be the least bit surprised if the Bears win this game. I could see them killing the Cowboys if good Jay shows up and Bad Tony shows up.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I will say what I sad in the Cowboys forum.

I see this game ending 19-16 for one of these teams I just do not know who.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

I am not attacking anyone or trying to say that you are wrong for thinking that the Bears are going to win.

I have concerns about playing a talented team at home when our offense is struggling.

-I fear the pass rush and the exotic looks that Rob Ryan can bring similar to Green Bay.

You will not hear me with these concerns when we play Jacksonville, but the Cowboys are a really talented team that 3 weeks ago beat up on the Superbowl Champion Giants.

Too me this is a coin flip game between 2 under achieving teams and I would not be the least bit surprised if the Bears win this game. I could see them killing the Cowboys if good Jay shows up and Bad Tony shows up.

What about the Bears season to date is underachieving to you? They have beaten the two lower tiered teams played to date both by 3 scores and lost the game many expected they would against GB on the road. Our offense hasnt been super thus far but we have also played 50% of the time without Forte so far. Maybe our expectations are just different. Did you not expect some growing pains with a first time OC and an OL that has no apparent NFL caliber left tackle as I did?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I wonder if we could go to the Cowboys forum and they have a "Why Im picking the Bears" thread

Think about how ridiculous that sounds.....thats what this thread is my friends Laughing Laughing

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Ace5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Haha, I wonder if we could go to the Cowboys forum and they have a "Why Im picking the Bears" thread

Think about how ridiculous that sounds.....thats what this thread is my friends Laughing Laughing

Oh it's far worse than that. We have entire factions that have gang wars over articles attempting to figure out why our fans are in factions that go to war over "types" of wins. You do NOT want to see them get going. Either side. This is tame by comparison. Laughing
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:

Oh it's far worse than that. We have entire factions that have gang wars over articles attempting to figure out why our fans are in factions that go to war over "types" of wins. You do NOT want to see them get going. Either side. This is tame by comparison. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Alright, screw it.

I guess this is cool

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

What about the Bears season to date is underachieving to you? They have beaten the two lower tiered teams played to date both by 3 scores and lost the game many expected they would against GB on the road. Our offense hasnt been super thus far but we have also played 50% of the time without Forte so far. Maybe our expectations are just different. Did you not expect some growing pains with a first time OC and an OL that has no apparent NFL caliber left tackle as I did?

The offense is under achieving.

I absolutely expected growing pains, but that does not change the fact that based on the talent on the field under achieving or not playing till their potential yet.

There are a number of excuses, first time OC, new scheme, poor OL, inconsistent QB all of these are why we are under achieving on offense. But at this moment they are not as good as they could be and I expect that to be the case in Dallas against a good defense in a hostile environment.
raq11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

I absolutely expected growing pains, but that does not change the fact that based on the talent on the field under achieving or not playing till their potential yet.

There are a number of excuses, first time OC, new scheme, poor OL, inconsistent QB all of these are why we are under achieving on offense. But at this moment they are not as good as they could be and I expect that to be the case in Dallas against a good defense in a hostile environment.

I agree. Take for instance Alshon Jeffery. The talent he has he should be catching 10 balls a game for 120 yards, he's severely under achieving. I don't care that he's a rookie, he has the talent, he should do it immediately. I don't care that Cutler has his 3rd new offensive coordinator in 4 years with the Bears, and 2 new weapons, he should be clicking with them right now, he should be throwing for 400 yards a game, no questions. Absolutely ridiculous he's not, we're lucky to be 2-1, should be 0-3 with the way the offense is handling themselves. Definitely losing to Dallas, there's no way the offense takes a step forward.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

I agree. Take for instance Alshon Jeffery. The talent he has he should be catching 10 balls a game for 120 yards, he's severely under achieving. I don't care that he's a rookie, he has the talent, he should do it immediately. I don't care that Cutler has his 3rd new offensive coordinator in 4 years with the Bears, and 2 new weapons, he should be clicking with them right now, he should be throwing for 400 yards a game, no questions. Absolutely ridiculous he's not, we're lucky to be 2-1, should be 0-3 with the way the offense is handling themselves. Definitely losing to Dallas, there's no way the offense takes a step forward.

Why do people get so upset by any criticism?

This offense is working things out and because of that they are not playing as well as they could.

If you have a child who is failing in school but his parents are getting divorced we would say he is under achieving because he is failing. Are there good reasons? Of course he has reasons, but we cannot say that he is reaching his potential.

The Bears talent level on offense would dictate that they should be a 30 point a game offense. I fully expect them to get there, but at this moment they are NOT there. They are not achieving up to their talent level AT THIS MOMENT. That does not mean they will never but right now they are not.

And I absolultely believe the Bears can win this game because Dallas is under achieving on offense as bad as we are based on their talent level.
51to54

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the offense is that I expected it to be better than it was last year. True, we have a new OC, but seriously, Tice was on the staff last season and it's clear to me that Martz's offense was ditched early last season. The Bears went on a five game offensive tear before Cutler and then Forte went down.

OLT should be better with Webb having his first true off-season to prepare and a full year of NFL game experience, regardless of how poor he may be overall. He should be better this season than last.

We'd add a legit pro bowl WR and one that already has TWO years of NFL experience with Cutler. Not to mention we'd added a high profile rookie WR who was often times listed as a first round pick.

So far, the Oline looks worse than last season and Cutler looks like we overpaid for him by about two first round picks.
raq11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

51to54 wrote:
The problem with the offense is that I expected it to be better than it was last year. True, we have a new OC, but seriously, Tice was on the staff last season and it's clear to me that Martz's offense was ditched early last season. .

Except Bates is the passing coordinator...new to everyone except Cutler/Marshall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: