Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Fox not sure why Eric Decker slid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I said the Broncos are not making the playoffs, I stand by it.

Next post:

big_palooka wrote:
I think they are the team to beat in the west

Question

This is called, "Hedging your bet". BP has been known to do this for years. One of the main reasons he doesnt get treated with a lot of legitimacy around here.

so is bp a raiders or broncos fan? see him posting in here alot.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PTI talking about this, saying exaclty what ive been arguing.
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Next post:

big_palooka wrote:

Question

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Next post:

big_palooka wrote:

Question

This is called, "Hedging your bet". BP has been known to do this for years. One of the main reasons he doesnt get treated with a lot of legitimacy around here.

He's a Raider fan, he skirts the line of being a troll by not attacking anyone or purposely saying things like Denver sucks and such. BP does make good points on occasion that are true but there are times that he comes in to incite posters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Next post:

big_palooka wrote:

Question

My mistake. wrote that wrong. I think they are viewed as the team to beat in the West because of Manning. But the Chargers are IMO the team that will win the west, but they go through Denver to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Next post:

big_palooka wrote:

Question

You should talk. Noone is hedging their bet. I said after the Steelers game, the west goes through Denver. Meaning, if the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs are going to win it, they go through them.

I've said since day 1, Denver isn't making the playoffs and SD will be the team who takes over the division.

Hedging a bet. Denver is not making the playoffs and Manning isn't the 'same old Manning' as many thought he'd be. Everyone wants to talk timing, etc? Nobody wants to point out his arm is shot. He can't hit tight windows anymore. His game is dink and dunk now. And the Oline is starting to cave in around him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Next post:

big_palooka wrote:

Question

He's a Raider fan, he skirts the line of being a troll by not attacking anyone or purposely saying things like Denver sucks and such. BP does make good points on occasion that are true but there are times that he comes in to incite posters.

This. Only by incite he means, I don't conform to the homerism views of opposing fans. Some fans just can't take hearing their team isn't as good as they think it is and get offended, call you a troll because they disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets keep it on topic fellas.

Palooka can twist words/predictions all he wants, so long as he's not breaking rules and so far he's not.

Discuss the topic.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
He can't hit tight windows anymore. His game is dink and dunk now. And the Oline is starting to cave in around him.

Did you see the perfect 35 yard throw to Demaryius down the middle of the field on Sunday? It couldn't have been a more perfect ball, its just a shame Bay Bay was too stupid to drag his 2nd foot.

This is typical hyperbole from BP. Like everyone has said, you hedge your bets on a consistent basis so that in the future you can (with no merit) come back and say, "I told you so". If Manning does end up coming back and playing well down the stretch, we will no doubt hear from you how you knew it all along, and the Broncos were always the team to beat Rolling Eyes

The fact is, our Offense has struggled the past two weeks. Manning has to shoulder some of the blame, we all know that. He has made some bad throws that have cost us. But how many people here can honestly say they expected us to start the way we did against the Steelers Offensively? I didn't. I expected the Manning we saw against the Texans, and we know this Offense will only get better when Manning gets on the same page as our WRs.

And another thing which BP hasn't even bothered to mention - look at the two Defenses we have played the last two games. The Texans rank 3rd in PPG on Defense in the league, and the Falcons rank 4th. These are two quality Defenses that we faced, and at an early time in Manning's recovery. What BP is saying his just the usual hyperbolic tripe we are used to seeing. When he gets the chance to overreact about something negative with the Broncos, he will do.

MUFC OK
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:

Did you see the perfect 35 yard throw to Demaryius down the middle of the field on Sunday? It couldn't have been a more perfect ball, its just a shame Bay Bay was too stupid to drag his 2nd foot.

Gave the game a second viewing last night. Saw it and agree. He's still missing more of those than he is making.

lomaxgr wrote:
This is typical hyperbole from BP. Like everyone has said, you hedge your bets on a consistent basis so that in the future you can (with no merit) come back and say, "I told you so". If Manning does end up coming back and playing well down the stretch, we will no doubt hear from you how you knew it all along, and the Broncos were always the team to beat Rolling Eyes

Doubtful, considering I picked the Chargers to win the division. Manning will NEVER be the QB he was in Indy. He started slipping in 2010, missed 2011 and is back, but not the same guy. He's still a good QB and among the best starters in football, just not the same guy. If Denver wins the division, it surprises me who picked them to go 8-8, 9-7 at best.

lomaxgr wrote:
The fact is, our Offense has struggled the past two weeks. Manning has to shoulder some of the blame, we all know that. He has made some bad throws that have cost us. But how many people here can honestly say they expected us to start the way we did against the Steelers Offensively? I didn't. I expected the Manning we saw against the Texans, and we know this Offense will only get better when Manning gets on the same page as our WRs.

3 tough defense to start. Manning should have an easier time going forward. Starting this week. There was an overreaction to the Steelers game. You go back an watch and he missed some throws and take away the screen to Thomas, he was held under 200 yards. Still more than expected coming back week 1.

lomaxgr wrote:
And another thing which BP hasn't even bothered to mention - look at the two Defenses we have played the last two games. The Texans rank 3rd in PPG on Defense in the league, and the Falcons rank 4th. These are two quality Defenses that we faced, and at an early time in Manning's recovery. What BP is saying his just the usual hyperbolic tripe we are used to seeing. When he gets the chance to overreact about something negative with the Broncos, he will do.

No one is taking away anything from the defenses they played. And who is overreacting to anything?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we need to over analyze this? Could it just be that he had a brain fart, that he just did something dumb because he wasn't thinking?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone agrees Manning is not the old Manning. Which was to be expected, especially this early on in the season. I think everyone also thinks he will get better, not to his old level, of course. But better than he is right now.

To say: "Nobody wants to point out his arm is shot. He can't hit tight windows anymore. His game is dink and dunk now." I think is an overreaction and not true. He definitely has made some crap throws, but he has gunned some stuff too. There were like 4 to 5 drops on Sunday on some balls that were legit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
He can't hit tight windows anymore. His game is dink and dunk now. And the Oline is starting to cave in around him.

You know, the Chiefs made the Falcons defense look silly, scoring on their first 3 possessions of the year and attempting a FG on the 4th. Of course KC's D was so bad Atl eventually got a 10 point lead and at that point Cassel is hopeless deep in the game when they know we have to pass. We actually came back against the Saints but not because of Cassel, but because we stuck with Charles...but that wouldn't have been possible had the D not finally figured things out.

Anyways, I guess the point is either that Falcons D isn't a legit top unit or the Chiefs appear to better than the Broncos on offense. I know you guys think things will get better and with Manning, there's a good chance they will, but I think it's pretty clear KC has the best overall offense in the division...under normal circumstances (close game or with a lead). Clearly we are the worst when Cassel is forced to beat you...it took the perfect storm vs the Saints of great D, 91 yard run, perfect FG kicking, and a safety. That won't happen again.

Still don't understand why our rival fans doubted the Chiefs had the best offense in the division.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
You know, the Chiefs made the Falcons defense look silly, scoring on their first 3 possessions of the year and attempting a FG on the 4th. Of course KC's D was so bad Atl eventually got a 10 point lead and at that point Cassel is hopeless deep in the game when they know we have to pass. We actually came back against the Saints but not because of Cassel, but because we stuck with Charles...but that wouldn't have been possible had the D not finally figured things out.

Anyways, I guess the point is either that Falcons D isn't a legit top unit or the Chiefs appear to better than the Broncos on offense. I know you guys think things will get better and with Manning, there's a good chance they will, but I think it's pretty clear KC has the best overall offense in the division...under normal circumstances (close game or with a lead). Clearly we are the worst when Cassel is forced to beat you...it took the perfect storm vs the Saints of great D, 91 yard run, perfect FG kicking, and a safety. That won't happen again.

Still don't understand why our rival fans doubted the Chiefs had the best offense in the division.

Being able to play from behind is part of being a good Offense .. If you aren't balanced enough to do so, then your Offense isn't very good, is it? I actually watched your game against the Falcons in all 22/endzone view, and once the Falcons got a handle on Cassel's intermediate stuff and started to shutdown those stretch plays that Jamaal Charles loves, your Offense completely stopped.

And everyone in the NFL has seen what the Saints Defense is like this year. They haven't stopped anything or anyone.

MUFC OK
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Here we go. I knew this would happen once the Chiefs managed to win a game. It was just a matter of time. This is just another indication of why statistics like that are a joke. The Chiefs were busy getting drubbed for basically 2.5 games and racking up garbage time yardage and suddenly they're a great offense. Give me a break.

You guys moved the ball on ATL at home, for a quarter and a half and were promptly shut down after that. The team looked comatose against the juggernaut Bills, and beat a Saints team equivalent to a sieve, oh, and you guys were getting worked by them for awhile before coming to life.

Let's not act like the Chiefs have this ultra dynamic unstoppable offense. Beating the Saints this year has proven to not be an impressive feat (as they can't stop anyone). I think it's completely inaccurate to say the Chiefs have the best offense in the AFCW. That's just homer hyperbole.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: