Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turnaround
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Bulaga has been awful. This guy was supposed to be on the cusp of a pro bowl type level and instead he has regressed. 230 pound Bruce Irvin manhandled him on a play or two, and also whipped him with speed a few times. The one handed bull rush from Irvin that sent Bulaga backwards 5 yards was totally embarrassing.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
Yeah, Bulaga has been awful. This guy was supposed to be on the cusp of a pro bowl type level and instead he has regressed. 230 pound Bruce Irvin manhandled him on a play or two, and also whipped him with speed a few times. The one handed bull rush from Irvin that sent Bulaga backwards 5 yards was totally embarrassing.
Result of the play calling man. Its easy to sit there and scream at Bulaga. What needs to happen is call a running play or 2 and put Irvin on his back. That gives Bulaga a fighting chance in pass pro. He doesn't have a prayer if a guy like Irvin is 1vs1 with him and knows he can just pin his ears back. You saw the result in the 2nd half, thats exactly what I am talking about.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Blink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't doing anything in the post season if we don't get a grip on things.

This was IMO one of MMs biggest blunders as a playcaller. The gameplan was just awful. How do you not attack the middle of the field? Where the hell is the run game? MM was predictable, and Rodgers suffered for it.

We probably had more play action passes than actual rush attempts in the first half. MM and Aaron are obsessed with the big play. We keep going for 50 when we only need 10. Get some first downs, run the ball, get in a rhythym, THEN take some shots.

Aaron is also playing awful. He's indecisive in his reads, been all over the place in terms of accuracy, and needs to utilize his legs more to extend the play.

The OL is just not getting it done right now. The playcalling is making pass pro look worse than it is, as well as Aaron not getting the ball out, but we need to start winning 1v1s.

Skill position players are pretty bland this year. Jennings can't break a tackle or make a player miss to save his life. Finley is up to his usual dropsies. Nelson has been invisible.

Defense looks top 20, Offense looks bottom 5. We seriously look like a garbage team on offense right now, and its disgusting.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't get is how Rodgers went from being one of the best at getting the ball out quickly to just hanging onto it FOREVER. It looks like he's trying to go for the big play every time, but it's never there. I don't want to make the haters sound right, but Rodgers has been extremely sloppy whenever he's been playing without a lead.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
What I don't get is how Rodgers went from being one of the best at getting the ball out quickly to just hanging onto it FOREVER. It looks like he's trying to go for the big play every time, but it's never there. I don't want to make the haters sound right, but Rodgers has been extremely sloppy whenever he's been playing without a lead.

Apparently you did not watch the second half. Rodgers got the ball out very quickly and he had a lot of multiple play drives. MM admits he did not adjust soon enough so blaming Rodgers just doesn't cut it IMO. You can point to a number of penalities and plays for the reason why Green Bay didn't score more points, like Driver dropping a TD pass and holding calls. Add to that referee's that called touch penalties and then ignored muggings. The NFL is s complete mess right now so some results are up side down.
MUOH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:

Agreed that Rodgers has been sloppy but the compulsion for trying to get the big play extends beyond the QB to the play caller (MM). No idea why they both think that they can force the ball down field instead of consistently taking what the defense is giving.

If the Packers donít commit to getting Cedric the ball 20 plus times a game it looks like this yearís version of offense is going to struggle.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:

Apparently you did not watch the second half. Rodgers got the ball out very quickly and he had a lot of multiple play drives. MM admits he did not adjust soon enough so blaming Rodgers just doesn't cut it IMO. You can point to a number of penalities and plays for the reason why Green Bay didn't score more points, like Driver dropping a TD pass and holding calls. Add to that referee's that called touch penalties and then ignored muggings. The NFL is s complete mess right now so some results are up side down.

I'm not saying Rodgers lost us the game, I'm saying '11 Rodgers is much different from '12 Rodgers. But, as I and many others have pointed out, that just seems to be the case with all the top QBs this year. Idk, maybe last year was a fluke. Maybe Rodgers (and everyone else) will never play that well again. I mean if you look at it, all those QBs were playing absolutely out of their minds. It's a little foolish to expect them to keep playing at that level.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccecilnosebleed wrote:
Forgive me if this has been brought up, but does anyone think that Clements moving from QB Coach to OC is having a bigger impact than maybe we might have thought?

It occurred to me last night that there seem to be fundamental things that Rodgers is weak on this year that weren't issues last year- and perhaps Clements is a better QB guy than he is a game planner and play caller?

Clements doesn't call plays. That has always been McCarthy.
CheeseheadinMA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this doesn't really account for all of the issues Rodgers may be having, however, he did bring up in his chat with Jason Wilde today that defenses have been playing very soft against them, selling out to cover the pass. Seems like it's a combo of playing top defenses, teams having adjusted after Rodgers' crazy year last year, as well as the play-calling being subpar and not adjusting. And maybe toss in the replacement refs and inconsistent calls being made to boot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one thing you can fault Rodgers for in that game last night, and that was holding onto the ball too long. No excuse for that, throw the ball away. He was killing drives trying to extend the play. That clock HAS to go off.

But you can't sit here and tell me he didn't bring us back in the game. I thought MM did a good job coming out in the second half. We DOMINATED time of possession. Benson ran the ball well and Rodgers was getting rid of the ball quickly.

I don't think we have anything to worry about. We played 2 elite defenses and a division rival who Rodgers has historically had trouble against. I mean, did you see that Seattle secondary? Those corners are huge! They are no joke; they might be the best secondary in the league.

Next week we play the Saints, who are just as inept on defense as the replacement refs are officiating games. Then we play the Colts, Texans, Rams, Jags, and Cardinals. Can't see us being any worse than 5-4. What I want to see is better pass protection and clever play calling. Our defense has been awesome. Our offense WILL get back on track. My main concern coming into the season was our defense, and they've played great through 3 games. Let me put it this way: if our defense was still crap and our offense was clicking I'd be more concerned. The fact that our defense is playing this way and our offense still hasn't played to it's potential makes me excited for the rest of the season.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a thought...weren't we planning on implementing a primarily no-huddle offense? Perhaps a great deal of time was spent learning this, then MM just decided to scrap it with how terrible the replacement refs have been with ball placements, stopping the game for long amounts of time, stopping the game for no reason, ect. So basically, we're running our back-up vanilla-ish offense. Anyone think this could be true? I'm really just throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks. I just don't get what's going on offensively.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
There is only one thing you can fault Rodgers for in that game last night, and that was holding onto the ball too long. No excuse for that, throw the ball away. He was killing drives trying to extend the play. That clock HAS to go off.

But you can't sit here and tell me he didn't bring us back in the game. I thought MM did a good job coming out in the second half. We DOMINATED time of possession. Benson ran the ball well and Rodgers was getting rid of the ball quickly.

I don't think we have anything to worry about. We played 2 elite defenses and a division rival who Rodgers has historically had trouble against. I mean, did you see that Seattle secondary? Those corners are huge! They are no joke; they might be the best secondary in the league.

Next week we play the Saints, who are just as inept on defense as the replacement refs are officiating games. Then we play the Colts, Texans, Rams, Jags, and Cardinals. Can't see us being any worse than 5-4. What I want to see is better pass protection and clever play calling. Our defense has been awesome. Our offense WILL get back on track. My main concern coming into the season was our defense, and they've played great through 3 games. Let me put it this way: if our defense was still crap and our offense was clicking I'd be more concerned. The fact that our defense is playing this way and our offense still hasn't played to it's potential makes me excited for the rest of the season.

Bingo, great post too. But was kind of weird to come into a team that was going to be very tough to pass on and try to throw deep off PA on them, bad gameplan. 13 games left anything can happen. Heck the O can take off to 2011 form and then the D can follow suit as well. Laughing

Oh yeah and you should post more!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Result of the play calling man. Its easy to sit there and scream at Bulaga. What needs to happen is call a running play or 2 and put Irvin on his back. That gives Bulaga a fighting chance in pass pro. He doesn't have a prayer if a guy like Irvin is 1vs1 with him and knows he can just pin his ears back. You saw the result in the 2nd half, thats exactly what I am talking about.

I tend to disagree with this. Bruce Irvin isn't exactly Julius Peppers, and with each poor play, Bulaga reverted to poor footwork and balance. He needs to stick to his fundamentals and he'll be fine. He didn't do that nearly enough last night, and so it made screaming at him justifiable.

Pass pro shouldn't be anything new to this guy with #12 standing behind him the past two-plus seasons.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iskra wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

I tend to disagree with this. Bruce Irvin isn't exactly Julius Peppers, and with each poor play, Bulaga reverted to poor footwork and balance. He needs to stick to his fundamentals and he'll be fine. He didn't do that nearly enough last night, and so it made screaming at him justifiable.

Pass pro shouldn't be anything new to this guy with #12 standing behind him the past two-plus seasons.

Though I do agree that Mac's play calling is not helping matters. Fact is, Bulaga has been a mess the past two games. Man is not a gifted enough athlete to have tech flaws. I remember Bulaga having a string of games like this when I broke him down out of college also. Not sure what his deal is but he needs to get it fixed. That said, it's not as if Irvin is a mold you see at RT week in and week out. That one is going to be tough for Bulaga even when he is on his game.

At the end of the day though I view Bulaga as anything but the issue at hand. WE DON'T HAVE AN NFL LEVEL LEFT TACKLE and EDS might be a better center than Saturday at this point as well. Saturday had a better game last week than he did week2 but the man's a shell of what was. I don't think he is going to play up to his pay check, but he is a NFL level starting center. Newhouse on the other hand falls a bit short at LT. Solid football player that would make any 53. But not an NFL level starting LT. Man can not get beat by "that guy" last night because he clearly is going to have probs with the long ones. If he can't handle the length and can hang with the passion plays........

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is Sherrod getting back? After week 6 was it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: