Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I am Picking the Cowboys
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Why I am Picking the Cowboys Reply with quote

Cutler as the Bears QB is 6-7 in primetime games [3-7 if you remove games against the Vikings] and 3-6 on the road.

On the road: 168/288, 1859 yards, 6.45 YPC, 10 TDs and 18 INTs.

Overall: 249/424, 2791 yards, 6.48 YPC, 18 TDs and 21 INTs.

I think our defense will dominate but our offense is what is going to kill us against a good and aggressive Cowboys defense.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Why I am Picking the Cowboys Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Cutler as the Bears QB is 6-7 in primetime games [3-7 if you remove games against the Vikings] and 3-6 on the road.

On the road: 168/288, 1859 yards, 6.45 YPC, 10 TDs and 18 INTs.

Overall: 249/424, 2791 yards, 6.48 YPC, 18 TDs and 21 INTs.

I think our defense will dominate but our offense is what is going to kill us against a good and aggressive Cowboys defense.
It is possible that the defense could win this game but I am not counting on it. This team is just too inconsistent week by week to have any confidence in it winning. Maybe Lovie going back home to Texas will help but who knows?

Monday Night is generally the Kiss of Death for the Bears. I picked Dallas as well. I hope to lose this one. If the Dline keeps improving then.....
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b/c you guys are pessimistic fans

/thread

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

/thread
Don't confuse realistic with pessimistic.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

/thread

Pessimist is different then realist.

Why do you think the Bears will be winning this game on the road against a very good defense. This is not a lot different then the Green Bay matchup.

What is the answer for the Cowboys pass rush?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

/thread

Pessimist is different then realist.

Why do you think the Bears will be winning this game on the road against a very good defense. This is not a lot different then the Green Bay matchup.

What is the answer for the Cowboys pass rush?
1. B/c our defense is probably better

2. Run the football. Screen pass. back the rush off, then the big plays will come. cowboys run D is horribad

raq11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm picking the Bears because our team's better than theirs in every position except TE.
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have to also understand that we know GB and they know us. Have you noticed that ARod generally has subpar games against the bears? (Not cutler kill us games but still).

The cowboys D is sick, and they have amazing corners, however I think we learned our lesson from week 2. I expect short quick passes and running the ball down the boys throats.

Do I think we will drop 30+ on the cowboys? No! I expect another defensive game with a 13 10 victory.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
You guys have to also understand that we know GB and they know us. Have you noticed that ARod generally has subpar games against the bears? (Not cutler kill us games but still).

The cowboys D is sick, and they have amazing corners, however I think we learned our lesson from week 2. I expect short quick passes and running the ball down the boys throats.

Do I think we will drop 30+ on the cowboys? No! I expect another defensive game with a 13 10 victory.
I thought about this last night. I understand the gameplan in the GB game. They had put 18 consecutive games of bad pass defense on tape. It actually makes some sense that you come out throwing the ball against them. What they did was very smart, they completely changed everything they do in that game on defense. They rarely went w/ their psycho package and played 2 deep w/ a 5 man front nearly every snap. The tape was completely useless, adjustments had to be made at halftime and they were, we ran the ball at them until it became a 2 score game, which never happens if Marshall catches that ball in the endzone. It was a bad game by everybody on offense, in fact I'm not sure we could play worse and it wasn't a blowout by any means. I think things will be quite different the 2nd time around, but right now we'll just have to wait and see.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

/thread

Please, do you know which team's fanbase you're talking about here? Bears fans could easily compete to be the most pessimistic group in pro sports.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

/thread

Please, do you know which team's fanbase you're talking about here? Bears fans could easily compete to be the most pessimistic group in pro sports.
Oh I know, why do you think I avoided the site for 10 days.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

/thread

Oh I know, why do you think I avoided the site for 10 days.

Probably the same reason I avoided the board for about three months after the Bears/Patriots 2010 game.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its me but both the Bears and Cowboys are splitting images of each other. One week they look like a super bowl caliber team, the next they look like they'll have a top 10 pick, the next its an ugly win. You never know which team will show up from week to week. This game could end 20-17 just as easily as it could end up 38-34 just as easily as one team kills the other 38-14. All I know is I didnt have enough vacation days to take this one off, so I have to DVR it. I do have the Bears-Lions Monday night game off next moth though.
Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears Game Plan for MNF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN1x682Awoo&playnext=1&list=PL0237C8026E3F4FD5&feature=results_main
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Bears Game Plan for MNF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN1x682Awoo&playnext=1&list=PL0237C8026E3F4FD5&feature=results_main

Or a better gameplan: go back and look at the mistakes that were made at Green Bay, because they're going to be facing pretty much the exact same coverage on the outside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: