Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4676
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minny is starting hot against the 9ers, man if they lose and we win convincingly the media should be all over us!
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5154
Location: Davidson College
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Minny is starting hot against the 9ers, man if they lose and we win convincingly the media should be all over us!


If they lose and we win, even by a point, the media will be all over us. Or if they come back and barely win and we win convincingly.
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29961
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG LIONS! WOW! YES!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets CB Darrelle Revis: Torn ACL, out for the rest of the season.

Killing blow to the Jets, Kyle Wilson is not going to be able to fill this void. Rex Ryan predicated his D around Revis playing man on a team's primary target, which allowed him to do creative things with his defense. Now that Revis is gone, it will be interesting to see how Ryan's gameplan looks moving forward.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Jets CB Darrelle Revis: Torn ACL, out for the rest of the season.

Killing blow to the Jets, Kyle Wilson is not going to be able to fill this void. Rex Ryan predicated his D around Revis playing man on a team's primary target, which allowed him to do creative things with his defense. Now that Revis is gone, it will be interesting to see how Ryan's gameplan looks moving forward.


As I've said elsewhere, this puts New York in a good position for their new head coach and GM to draft the foundation of a new team, starting with a new quarterback.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunnyracin


Joined: 28 Jul 2011
Posts: 972
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought people were overblowing the whole ref situation prior to the MNF game but after this game what can you say? there is no integrity

never seen anything like this
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4676
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha that was crazy, im just glad we werent apart of that.

At the end of the day green bay will still make the playoffs. But if the real refs arnt back by next week Goodell needs to be fired.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunnyracin


Joined: 28 Jul 2011
Posts: 972
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Hahaha that was crazy, im just glad we werent apart of that.

At the end of the day green bay will still make the playoffs. But if the real refs arnt back by next week Goodell needs to be fired.


They won't. Even if they reach an agreement tonight all the refs have to pass a physical and have to do a week worth of training.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...on the biggest stage of the NFL week, the replacements make the worst call possible. There is no way Golden Tate came down with that pass.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5154
Location: Davidson College
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Yeah...on the biggest stage of the NFL week, the replacements make the worst call possible. There is no way Golden Tate came down with that pass.


I think that's a call the real refs make too, though. It's not who has most possession, it's who has possession. Honestly, missing the offensive PI right before it was a worse call, in my mind.

And blame should go to the DB, too. If he had just swatted it backwards out of bounds, Green Bay wins. Trying to unnecessarily pick off the ball was a selfish play and was the only way Tate could have come down with it. You never try to pick off the ball on fourth down, especially not the last play of the game. There's no reason for it.
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5521
Location: Battle Red State
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Yeah...on the biggest stage of the NFL week, the replacements make the worst call possible. There is no way Golden Tate came down with that pass.


I think that's a call the real refs make too, though. It's not who has most possession, it's who has possession. Honestly, missing the offensive PI right before it was a worse call, in my mind.

And blame should go to the DB, too. If he had just swatted it backwards out of bounds, Green Bay wins. Trying to unnecessarily pick off the ball was a selfish play and was the only way Tate could have come down with it. You never try to pick off the ball on fourth down, especially not the last play of the game. There's no reason for it.


Because swatting it worked so well for Glover Quin, right? There is no rationalizing this one or blaming the Packers dbacks. The NFL owners think that they are impervious to a viewing public that will consume their product no matter how tainted it is and to a certain extent they are right. Problem is that this can come crashing down in a hurry (hell, you should see the legal costs STILL associated with the fight over "indecency" due to Janet Jackson's Super Bowl nipple). I'm telling you, if Peyton Manning takes the hit Matt Schaub did in Denver, we very well may have had an on field paralysis or even fatality and I don't think I'm being melodramatic considering his neck issue. Imagine the lens that get viewed through with scab officials who failed to control a team that seemed hell bent on injuring players like the Broncos were in that 3rd quarter.

Personally, I actually AGREE with the NFL that part-time referees should not continue to have an antiquated pension system (you know the ones that nearly killed the US Auto industry, airline industry, etc. 401k is more than enough for a gig that does NOT include long-term health risks unlike football PLAYERS.) Sometimes winning the fight is losing the war, but the NFL has the resources to wait this one out and probably will until it hits them in the pocketbook, not just public opinion but even that is muddled. I mean do you really hate Bob McNair this morning because he is willing to stand with 31 fellow owners and feed us this damaged product? We can scream at Goddell, but he is just doing what he is told by the McNairs of the world who made billions by busting up union demands, moving businesses to areas with favorable regulatory environments, paying lobbyists billions to change systems in their favor (see tort reform) and knowing how to win in business with a longview, not react to twitter trends.
_________________


12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5154
Location: Davidson College
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Yeah...on the biggest stage of the NFL week, the replacements make the worst call possible. There is no way Golden Tate came down with that pass.


I think that's a call the real refs make too, though. It's not who has most possession, it's who has possession. Honestly, missing the offensive PI right before it was a worse call, in my mind.

And blame should go to the DB, too. If he had just swatted it backwards out of bounds, Green Bay wins. Trying to unnecessarily pick off the ball was a selfish play and was the only way Tate could have come down with it. You never try to pick off the ball on fourth down, especially not the last play of the game. There's no reason for it.


Because swatting it worked so well for Glover Quin, right? There is no rationalizing this one or blaming the Packers dbacks. The NFL owners think that they are impervious to a viewing public that will consume their product no matter how tainted it is and to a certain extent they are right. Problem is that this can come crashing down in a hurry (hell, you should see the legal costs STILL associated with the fight over "indecency" due to Janet Jackson's Super Bowl nipple). I'm telling you, if Peyton Manning takes the hit Matt Schaub did in Denver, we very well may have had an on field paralysis or even fatality and I don't think I'm being melodramatic considering his neck issue. Imagine the lens that get viewed through with scab officials who failed to control a team that seemed hell bent on injuring players like the Broncos were in that 3rd quarter.

Personally, I actually AGREE with the NFL that part-time referees should not continue to have an antiquated pension system (you know the ones that nearly killed the US Auto industry, airline industry, etc. 401k is more than enough for a gig that does NOT include long-term health risks unlike football PLAYERS.) Sometimes winning the fight is losing the war, but the NFL has the resources to wait this one out and probably will until it hits them in the pocketbook, not just public opinion but even that is muddled. I mean do you really hate Bob McNair this morning because he is willing to stand with 31 fellow owners and feed us this damaged product? We can scream at Goddell, but he is just doing what he is told by the McNairs of the world who made billions by busting up union demands, moving businesses to areas with favorable regulatory environments, paying lobbyists billions to change systems in their favor (see tort reform) and knowing how to win in business with a longview, not react to twitter trends.


I was actually thinking of the Glover Quin loss when I said that, as any Texans fan would. All Glover Quin had to do was swipe the ball out of bounds, but he swiped it towards the only place a Jaguar could get it. Same scenario, different way to mishandle it.

David Amerson did the same thing last year in the Belk Bowl. 4th down, Louisville's last play, and Amerson went for the pick. He was so intent on setting the interception record that he completely ignored the correct thing to do. Luckily, he picked it, but it still cost NC State 40 yards or so of field position at the end of the game, and IIRC, State had to make a couple more first downs before kneeling, so it could have been very costly.
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4676
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Baltimore is really missing T-Sizzle.

On a play calling note, im so glad Kub is dedicated to the run. Watching the Eagles amd Ravens make me mad that their OC's just want to air it out.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4676
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Baltimore is really missing T-Sizzle.

On a play calling note, im so glad Kub is dedicated to the run. Watching the Eagles amd Ravens make me mad that their OC's just want to air it out.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5521
Location: Battle Red State
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief, how can the Ravens induct a convicted felon, Jamal Lewis, into something call a "Ring of Honor?" It's fine to recognize the on field accomplishments of a player in some fashion, but I'm sorry if it includes the word "honor" you can't include a convicted drug conspirator especially in a city like Baltimore that has been brought to it knees by its urban drug problem. Lewis faced 10 years in federal prison before rolling over on a childhood friend and copping a plea deal, that naturally could be served in the off-season (would love to see a Texas judges reaction if you tried to tell him when it would be convenient to serve your sentence). Lewis went on to multiple league drug suspensions beyond the federal conspiracy charge. I have my own thoughts on the "war on drugs" that sends people to jail for "conspiracies" that are nothing more than a guy in your dorm asking you where to buy some pot and you telling him you think the guy 2 doors down might, but that WAS NOT the case with Jamal who stood to profit $4k from just the one deal the sting busted to break up a crack ring in an Atlanta housing project.

I'm all for guys overcoming their upbringings and some forgiveness of youthful transgressions by making proper amends, but I don't recall ever seeing Jamal undergoing a "conversion" like Ray Lewis and dedicating himself to rebuilding the inner city was helped tear down. Last I saw Jamal was being sued by everyone including the bank that had naming rights to the Ravens stadium because he owed over $10 million in debts and defaulted loans because he spent like every one hit wonder rapper who thinks he's Jay-Z and forgot that you actually have to still be able to perform to get paid on your contract in the NFL. He's also one of these ridiculous ex-players that is trying to get the NFL to bankroll their lunacy by blaming it on concussions, which demeans the players who were truly effected.

Again - give Jamal a plaque somewhere in acknowledgement of his play including impressive milestones like the 2,000 yard season, 295 yard game, and Super Bowl, but unless I'm missing something "honor" should not be something that includes Jamal Lewis' name.
_________________


12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 2 of 33

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group