Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Minnesota Favre-less Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Comes Out On Top?
49ers
79%
 79%  [ 31 ]
Vikings
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 39

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
I just havent seen the explosion from moss yet. It reminds me of jordan with the wizards. there is still the thrill but not the real

I want to take some shots down the field but Moss could have still had a TD in each game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
sbrown wrote:
I just havent seen the explosion from moss yet. It reminds me of jordan with the wizards. there is still the thrill but not the real

I want to take some shots down the field but Moss could have still had a TD in each game.

He really didn't run deep at all. They played Harrison Smith over the top on most plays, and Moss did a bunch of 10 yard outs. Open on a few of them because of the cushion, just not the first read for Alex Smith...

Lil Uno with the sig.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He still is Smith's first option in the red zone. I have no problem not forcing it to him if a safety is over the top, but if it is one on one we need to test it out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
sbrown wrote:

He really didn't run deep at all. They played Harrison Smith over the top on most plays, and Moss did a bunch of 10 yard outs. Open on a few of them because of the cushion, just not the first read for Alex Smith...

As others have noticed, Smith doesn't go through his reads on too many plays. He usually goes to his first option.

Moss works differently than other receivers. The defender doesnt realize Moss is going to go off until he is in the middle of going off. The explosive athleticism is clearly there, it has been shown a few teams so far. But the 9ers havent pressed the deep ball issue (havent really needed to).

The problem is the snap count. When defenses know Moss is only going to play 20 snaps a game, they just double team every one of them. If Moss were playing 40 snaps, you can rest assured if went the 30 snaps likes he has been going most games, the final 10 snaps would see some single coverage.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the 1st time I think we've seen "Freddie P. Soft" get into our 9ers heads--from top to bottom. Harbaugh's been preaching it and it happened this week. I don't want to see that again. Sad
sbrown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
sbrown wrote:

As others have noticed, Smith doesn't go through his reads on too many plays. He usually goes to his first option.

This has been said about alex in the past. he is not great at going through his other reads and hasnt developed that brady big ben pocket movement. But our 1 and 2 options are usually a crossing pattern by crabs or vd and then a check down to rb or one of them because they are open, and JH and roman has helped alex quite a bit in these areas. BUt i still dont see the initial explosion by moss to make alex think he has that option as a first read

Moss works differently than other receivers. The defender doesnt realize Moss is going to go off until he is in the middle of going off. The explosive athleticism is clearly there, it has been shown a few teams so far. But the 9ers havent pressed the deep ball issue (havent really needed to).

The problem is the snap count. When defenses know Moss is only going to play 20 snaps a game, they just double team every one of them. If Moss were playing 40 snaps, you can rest assured if went the 30 snaps likes he has been going most games, the final 10 snaps would see some single coverage. .

I dont think that after 2 games (going into this one) that teams have a beat on how many snaps moss will play so you have to respect the play that he has been in there. I think it will come as the season goes, but what will come first, moss blowing the top off of defenses or moss getting frustrated with not getting the ball. because I dont see him open as most others think he is

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
This is the 1st time I think we've seen "Freddie P. Soft" get into our 9ers heads--from top to bottom. Harbaugh's been preaching it and it happened this week. I don't want to see that again. Sad

Completely forgot about him. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the team wins, Moss will be absolutely fine. It s when the teams are both 1) losing, AND 2) making no effort to get Moss involved, that he gets upset, because he knows he can make a difference.

See the Randy Moss of 2008. Guy passed on extra 12 million dollars to come back to NE, and ended up spending the year catching balls from Matt Cassel, being the 3rd receiving option behind Welker and Faulk, and not making the playoffs. Did he ever whine? Not once. Did he talk his usual shiz to the other team? Did he get reelected captain in 2009? You bet.

Furthermore, the 2008 Patriots offense was a lot like the 2012 49ers. Cassel was actually a VERY effective mid range passer, but his deep ball left a lot to be desired. We ran the ball a lot that season. Moss finished the season with 1000 yards, and 2nd in the NFL with 11 touchdowns. He accumulated the majority of those stats in a hand full of games. We finished with 11 wins, despite losing Brady.

Why?

Cassel and the Patriots took what the defense gave them. If the defense forced Moss into the decoy role, he happily cleared the defense for others guys. He has done this for you guys several times season big plays already. Moss had 6 games under 50 yards in 2008, and 5 under 30 years. DECOY.

He also has 4 seemingly random 100 yard games, which came out of nowhere. Why? Defense did not fore him to be a decoy; rather he got singled. Random outbursts for 125 and 3 TDs against the Dolphins. 2 scores against the Broncos and Raiders. 7 of his 11 TDs came from 3 games.

The 9ers should try to get him involved deep EVERY game. Play action, pump fakes flea flickers, fake reverses, etc - anything to help Moss get open deep, because it is no your standard catch. It's six. It is a touchdown.

Aside from that, take what you get. Feed Davis, feed Crabtree, feed Manningham, feed Gore if the defense won't let Moss beat them. One of them will have to be open. Obviously, Moss needs to be on the field to help. Plus, believe me...do this, and eventually Moss will catch the defense sleeping, and cruise in for the score.

OR. If they dare single cover him...attack to Moss, early and often, all day every day. The balls dont have to be close to perfect.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/09000d5d80cb811e/WK-12-Randy-Moss-highlights
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest Question. Whose Freddie P. Soft?
sbrown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can agree with that with me playing receiver my whole life. he's a 9er so I definetly want him to succeed and we win a SB which could possibly mean the 3 greatest wrs in history being in the HOF as 49ers!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Honest Question. Whose Freddie P. Soft?

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/kroichick/article/Mr-Soft-keeps-49ers-hard-around-the-edges-2325058.php

Quote:
So Harbaugh essentially invented Frederick P. Soft, a fictional character who plants his little imaginary self on players' shoulders and tells them how great they are. "Watch out for Freddy" has become the unofficial mantra of these 49ers.

Think of the boogeyman on steroids.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

Really soft steroids that don't make you stronger.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our head coach seems to treat grown men like children and they respond. Incredible. Laughing Laughing
sbrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Really soft steroids that don't make you stronger.

estrogen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53
Page 53 of 53

Jump to: