Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts 1PM E.T.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Jaguars
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Colts
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Hopefully Eben and Cam come back soon so we can open up the offense and stop being conservative.

I think Lane, Bradfield, and Britton will be back next week. Should help us out a ton.

I thought Brewster looked pretty good too. Hopefully he is the future at center.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Blair Walsh misses a 55 yard field goal (which would be a miss the majority of the time by any kicker) then we would be 2-1 with 2 game winning touchdowns from Gabbert to Shorts. Take that however you want to.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this season feel a lot like 2004 to anyone else?

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a strange game. Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum from the heartbreak of week 1. Had that feel of a losing game for 59 minutes...only to have Shorts pull a victory out of his butt in the last minute. Hard to even say they really earned the victory today...or at least, in the case of the offense...but heck, i'll take it.

The Good:
-Shorts coming up clutch with the last minute catch...again! A couple catches does not a stud make...but he looks better than Robinson, and at this point...i think he has to be given a shot as a starter.
-MJD looks like he's shaken off the rust and carried the team today.
-On a related note, the gongshow o-line actually opened up some decent holes in the run game.
-Having Cox back does so much for the secondary. It just settles everyone in their proper place on the depth chart. Mathis looked really good today as well.
-Tackling as a whole was improved from the last two weeks. Hopefully that continues.

The Bad:
-The defense looked a lot better, but there are still big holes and at times the Colts just moved the ball at will. Not even close to an 'elite' defense that might make up for a less than elite offense.
-The passing game. What a disaster. We're not going to stumble into a whole lot of wins with that kind of effort through the air. Obviously the line's poor play limited what we could do, but the problems were all over.
->Receivers. Not separating well enough, not making the big plays, not earning any respect from the defense, and most of all...not catching the ball. The drops were bad, and made a rough day even worse.
->Gabbert. Yes, there were times where he had zero time to do anything, times where receivers weren't getting open or couldn't hold on to the ball...but there were also plenty of times where he had completely viable opportunities to make things happen. Plays where he'd have a receiver very open, and decide to check it down or try to force it to a WR he'd locked on to anyway. Often made the wrong read, chickened out on anything remotely deep, and just generally looked gunshy, afraid to pull the trigger.

The Ugly:
-The o-line overall. Pass protection was largely a joke, and it obviously limited what we could do today. It's just ugly with this makeshift group in there, and even if/when we get healthier, i think there's still a ton of work to do with getting things to where they need to be.
-Can we PLEASE have real refs back soon? It's cool that they're trying real hard, but it's just bad.

As a whole, it's great to see them get the win, but this team has a lot of work to do, is still way short on talent, and i think 90% of this thread really reflects that. At the end of the day, it's always nice to win, but it's a bit hollow for me when you consider the way they played as a whole. One great play doesn't change that.

It's great that MJD and some decent defensive play carried us to a win...but given MJD's age and the wear and tear he takes carrying this team on his shoulder...where does leave us for the future? We're still very much a rebuilding team, and MJD isn't going to be around to be the crowning jewel in the finished product. After all, Indy are very much a 'rebuilding' team as well right now...but they're essentially a year into their rebuild. We're how many years in now? and they still gave us everything we could handle and nearly more.

Sorry, i know this is pretty negative. Doesn't really reflect my perspective at the moment when Gabbert sacked up and tossed it to Cecil Shorts III for the win and i jumped off the couch and cheered like an idiot...but taking a step back, that's the overall impression i'm left with, and it's frustrating that it's still not all that positive.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excited to see cox an mathis on Aj Green.
Im from Ohio sobi watch jags an flip an.check on.browna. if the browns can put up a ton of pointts vs this defense so can we.
Gabberts better then weeden. thia bengals team has won.2 shoot outs. we gotta prevent the shootout game with are defense and score an we win.this game. dalton ooves airing it out to Green. we should have 2-3 picks this game ImO.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@JohnOehser
#jaguars Mike Mularkey said he thought Brewster played well. Mularkey said he loves Guy Whimper, comes n and does what he's asked to do.

Glad to see Guy Whimper's job is to get Gabbert kilt.

#JDI
iPwn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
‏@JohnOehser
#jaguars Mike Mularkey said he thought Brewster played well. Mularkey said he loves Guy Whimper, comes n and does what he's asked to do.

That's the best response I could come up with.

- Best since day one -
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
‏@JohnOehser

That's the best response I could come up with.

haha. don't sell it short, that's about the perfect response to that 'news'...
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone have a link to the jaguars announcers call for Shorts TD?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
All I could find is the Macatee and Tasker one.

- Best since day one -
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
AngryPirate wrote:
All I could find is the Macatee and Tasker one.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Jaguars-vs-Colts-Sideline-angle/acd408f0-aba4-4406-883d-4d90d9479ca9

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
iPwn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that, and didn't even bother to look at it. Laughing

- Best since day one -
jagman777

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in tallahassee all weekend for the clemson game, but as i watched the gamecast on my phone, it was like I could really see the defense let andrew luck go down the field on the defense in the waning seconds, all too similar to week one.

I just put the phone down when I saw they got in FG range. My friend asked if we won a few minutes later, and I said no. He checked his phone and was like, "we won.."

Even though I couldn't watch you, you still played with my heart, jags.
Jags

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
Come on MJD. Please make a bounce back game and just rush all over the Colts like I have become accustom to seeing. We need to get a win darnit!!!

Tired of going to work and getting laughed at by all these Giants/ Steelers/ Jets/ Eagles/ Buccaneers/ Dolphin fans. I refuse to take off my Jaguars lanyard!

Nice too look back and see that MJD came up big in the game. Even greater to be able to go to work and look at everyone keep their mouths shut even if it was only one quick win.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
If Blair Walsh misses a 55 yard field goal (which would be a miss the majority of the time by any kicker) then we would be 2-1 with 2 game winning touchdowns from Gabbert to Shorts. Take that however you want to.

if our defense doesnt suck the big one, we win that game. Shouldnt have come down to the kick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: