Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FIRE Jim Haslett!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a2piece89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
I dont like the idea of firing coaches into the season, but Haslett is bad. But the change will be made after this season. I think that all out blitz call is such a horrid play that the skins have been beat to many times on for it to keep being called. I mean I agree that the secondary needs talent but why would you leave them on an island if you know they arent good.

Exactly why he needs to get the boot. 30+ allowed/game isn't going to cut it if they somehow managed to make a wildcard run(now that Trent is all good Pray ). We can't continue to zorn him and keep taking his headset/playcalling abilities everytime he starts messing up in the 4th. Raheem would at least allow more dbs on the field instead of converted linebackers. theres a time and place for that and Jim obviously doesn't recognize when that is. Too many mismatches in the first 3 games and he hasn't done much to stifle that so why should his stick around? We can't do a thing about the secondary until next year so they just need to find some consistency before meriweather comes back and stop running Griffin

Hes a grown man. he'll find work, this is the nfl.
I'm just saying. the only thing that would change would be Raheem moves up to interim DC and Mike takes on more defensive responsibilities during practice. the defense needs its and I'm not worried about Kyle, he can hold it down on his own.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I would fire him now. You will lose absolutely nothing by doing so, however you know what you're getting if you keep him. We can score plenty of points, I say can him before the it's too late. This season is still salvageable, make the move.

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

Oh and he's never coached a 3-4 system in his life.

Looks like Haslett hasn't either. Since when has a former head coach been unqualified for a defensive coordinator position, sounds better than a qb coach to head coach move imo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was always clamoring for Wade Phillips. That goofy clown can do nothing but coach up a serious 3-4D. With that being said, our secondary is absolute garbage and firing a coach won't do us any justice at this point.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
If this defense does not improve, something needs to change. Whether it is personnel, play-calling, leadership...something. Yesterday was a woeful performance.
I think it's personnel but nothing can be done about that till March or April. Woz was sooo right about our secondary. Of course most of us weren't counting on Tanard Jackson being suspended nor Meriweather being out a month. This secondary hasn't been good since Sean Taylor passed away and just like the OL and since Jon Jansen was cut, you'd think in 5 offseasons the front office could have fixed those problems.

*raises hand*

I figured we wouldn't have Meriweather as well, but that more from suspension as well. I will admit, the bits I have seen of him, he's done a fair amount to show that he can actually play in our system.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I would fire him now. You will lose absolutely nothing by doing so, however you know what you're getting if you keep him. We can score plenty of points, I say can him before the it's too late. This season is still salvageable, make the move.

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

That's a joke, right? I mean, this is one of those "trololol" things, right?
killacam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Ive hated the guy since all that cover 0 BS last year. Guy sucks.
Last year? We were in cover 0 when AJ Green burned us on the first play of the game. Yes our defense is lacking some premium talent but the gameplan/playcalling haven't been very good either. I don't think you should fire him but I think Shanahan needs to have a good talk with him and figure out what needs to be changed ASAP.

No, we were in COVER 1 but London Fletcher called the safety up to the line when he saw a WR was playing QB. Not a bad idea, considering nobody, including know-it-all fans, expected them to throw a bomb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a2piece89 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

Looks like Haslett hasn't either. Since when has a former head coach been unqualified for a defensive coordinator position, sounds better than a qb coach to head coach move imo

Jim Haslett is a former head coach
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
a2piece89 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

Jim Haslett is a former head coach

Matt Millen is a former GM, doesn't mean he was good at it.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

That's a joke, right? I mean, this is one of those "trololol" things, right?

Why would it be a joke? We're giving up 35 points a game, does it really matter if we give up more? Either way we're still most likely going to lose. Try something else, see what happens before it's too late. I understand some people think it's a terrible idea to fire Haslett now, however we are on pace to give up FIVE-THOUSAND yards passing, that is unbelievable. I say at most give Haslett til' week 6, if things do not improve then he must go, however it's only my opinion, apparently a troll opinion, but it's still my opinion.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that a lot of the problem is that we are having cohesion problems and trouble developing good chemistry in the secondary. We have a whole new crowd back there and it seems they are having communication issues and without our actual starters at S, makes it a bit difficult to actually have a decent secondary.

I think that it is taking too long to actually develop the chemistry but it is what it is.

Right now they are the blame for a lot of the opposing team scoring so much and giving up so many yards. If the Skins can find a way to correct that and start reducing the amount of yards given up, then I think a lot of the chatter will calm down about Haslett.

We had a decent defense last year, but our secondary had been together for a while and they played well and communicated well.

This secondary has not done that.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 of the last 5 games last year, our defense gave up over 30 points. Its given up 30 points in each game this year. So that's 7 of the last 8 games (the 1 game was a win at the Jints) where our defense has stunk on ice. Suffice to say, something isn't working.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after starting the season 3-1 we went 2-10 the rest of the season.

While I dont think that the score is indicative on how the secondary played, it is suffice to say that we did have Grossman at the helm.

In the Jets game, Helu fumbled that lead to a score, Grossman fumbled late that lead to a score, and Shonne Green ran it in for a touchdown. Not completely the secondary's fault in that game.

New England actually got a touchdown from a Grossman fumble in the first quarter. Hall was dragged into the endzone for the game winning score in the 3rd quarter. Gronkowski shook off Kerrigan for a 3rd quarter touchdown (so that is not attributable to the secondary), and Grossman with an interception to Mayo that sealed the game for the Pats.

In the Vikings game, there was really no excuse as Ponder and Peterson were both out of the game. But Percy Harvin did get the best of the Skins in the 4th quarter with some monster plays. Especially one over Josh Wilson.

And the Iggles game, Moss dropped a TD in the first quarter, FG blocked, INT by Grossman, and then the Skins just gave up in the 4th quarter. Celek TD, Jackson TD, Dion Lewis TD and that was the game.

So it really looks like our secondary was pathetic in the last 2 games of the season, but at that point, and way before that point it really didnt matter.

I just dont think that you can attribute last years secondary to this years secondary woes and combine them. Completely different players in a lot of different positions besides Hall and Wilson.

Last year our defense was holding teams to 22 pts a game. We were 13th in the league with teams gaining an average of 338 yards a game on our defense. The Skins held teams to 222 yards passing on average in 2011.

I just cannot compare this years secondary to last years. We had more cohesion and chemistry and we had a S that was talented despite his set backs. Not having a S like Landry hurts when teams are afraid of the deep ball against the defense.

Receivers were afraid of the middle when Landry was on the field.

I am not, repeat am not, condoning that he was the ultimate cause of our failures here, but if he would have just gotten the damn surgery, we would still have him and his presence. And now we dont have anyone that is intimidating like he was.

The Skins have to improve their secondary immensely this offseason. I personally think this is the biggest area of need.

But last years secondary was no where near as bad as this year's.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
4 of the last 5 games last year, our defense gave up over 30 points. Its given up 30 points in each game this year. So that's 7 of the last 8 games (the 1 game was a win at the Jints) where our defense has stunk on ice. Suffice to say, something isn't working.
Understood but it has to do with injuries and personnel. You can't change that right now and changing our defrensive coordinator of 3 years now is not going to make matters better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Understood but it has to do with injuries and personnel. You can't change that right now and changing our defrensive coordinator of 3 years now is not going to make matters better.

Not calling for his head in mid-season. That's idiotic. I will give Has until the end of the season. Other teams deal with injuries too. Many of the top teams deal with injuries to starters and still manage to do better than us. I'm tired of making excuses and hearing excuses. The 2nd string is supposed to be able to play too...or else why are they on the roster??

So...no to firing Haslett during the season

Yes...to giving him until the end and we re-evaluate his tenure as DC.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

How do you know for certain it won't change?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: