Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I would love for us to pattern our defense off of Seattle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: I would love for us to pattern our defense off of Seattle Reply with quote

Just sayin- I really hate Pete Carrol, but I can't deny how much I love what he's doing up in Seattle. That defense is both machine like and creative, and one of the most unique (which allows them to take average players in other schemes and have them be great there).

Also, god do I wish we had Marshawn Lynch. We'd be 3-0 right now with him on our team. He's just so damn good at pushing through tiny holes and making 5 yards out of nothing.
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 3 games this year, I think Seattle might be the absolute best team at utilizing their players. Also, watch their cover one- Earl Thomas way in the backfield, and Cam Chancellor about 3 yards behind the linebackers and shaded off to one side (towards whatever receiver they're most concerned about). They do such a good job of controlling everything the offense wants to do, and Cam Chancellor (who I think is not terribly great at coverage) really shines in role as enforced and TE coverage guy. Earl Thomas just ranges so well in the back field (like Rob Johnson or Griffin can do) and Cam (Babs) just controls those mid-range TE routes.

And the way they get pressure- Clemons/Irvins at that dedicated rush end spot, and just mixing in one and two man blitzes from their nickel CB and OLBs. They also built their Dline the way we've built ours- those DTs are just big powerful mothers that try to never let the QB step up.

God. If we could steal Gus Bradley I'd do it in an instant.
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really are just fun to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, we have some of the best talent on defense in the league. In spite of the current stats, we can be one of the best defenses in the league. I feel that we have a good scheme because the idea of it focuses on putting more pressure on the QB and shutting down those elite passing attacks. The "Ruby" formation is designed for disguise blitzes and mixed coverages, but it's vunerable against the run which is why we have athletic LBs that can cover open space. The problem is not the scheme, and it's not the players. Our problem is the same problem we've been having even in the days of Jim Schwartz. Our problem is the DC and that damn conservative "bend-but-don't-break", "play-not-to-lose", "stay-on-your-heels" approach that we're just determinded to live by, that kills us. Our defense is WAY better than what the stats show, but Gray just won't run it the way he really should. NOBODY else in the league (that I've seen) plays as far off the receivers than we do. Seriously, it's beyond ridiculous how far our safeties drop into coverage, leaving a whole zip code of open space behind the LBs. It was also ridiculous how far we dropped the LBs as well, especially with no blitz at all. I thought Jerry Gray was a lot smarter than that. Hell we got the horses to make the plays, we just need to trust them and turn them loose. To be honest, I'd rather risk getting burned deep on one play than to keep getting ripped apart 15 and 20 yards at a time, and STILL end up getting scored on anyway. If we get more aggressive, I think our defense can be in the top 10 by the end of the season.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front 4 got 8 sacks on the Packers in one game.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew the Seahawks had a great defense this year when they played the Titans in the preseason. I have always like Mebane, Red Bryant & Clemens. They added Jason Jones & Irvin in the offseason. That secondary is beastly(chancellor, browner & thomas) and they added the LB Wagner from Utah State in the 2nd round in this year's draft. They are scary good on defense. They need the QB Wilson to just manage the game this year on offense. If they get some gamebreakers at WR in the offseason, Carroll has a monster on his hands next year seriously.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: