Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3: Texans [2-0] at Broncos [1-1]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21755
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how you slice it, that was a dirty play. You can't lead with your head and that is exactly what Mays did.

Schefter:
Quote:
NFL considering one-game suspension for Broncos LB Joe Mays, who landed helmet-to-helmet hit on Matt Schaub. At very least, a fine coming.


Clearly the NFL thought it was pretty blatant as well.

If someone laid that on Manning, Bronco fans would be SCREAMING for attention.

This isn't the 1970's. Get over your 'real NFL' comments. This is the real NFL. One where they aim to prevent malicious hits and care about player safety.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I don't care how you slice it, that was a dirty play. You can't lead with your head and that is exactly what Mays did.

Schefter:
Quote:
NFL considering one-game suspension for Broncos LB Joe Mays, who landed helmet-to-helmet hit on Matt Schaub. At very least, a fine coming.


Clearly the NFL thought it was pretty blatant as well.

If someone laid that on Manning, Bronco fans would be SCREAMING for attention.

This isn't the 1970's. Get over your 'real NFL' comments. This is the real NFL. One where they aim to prevent malicious hits and care about player safety.


what a joke! the hit was clean, shoulder pad hit him! texans fans trolling hard on denverpost.com ... waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaa

did seattles player get suspended for his blindside hit which was worse than what mays did? i dont think so. nfl is a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 14678
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mays was stupid for going that high even though it wasn't direct helmet to helmet. Still an illegal hit. But the whining about players being too aggressive or dirty really?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
denverbroncos23


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 294
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
1234567 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
Matt Schaub got hit so hard by Joe Mays he lost a piece of his ear! Holy Cow! By the way i thought that was a good old fashion football hit. Joe hit him literally milliseconds after he released the ball. But it today's NFL i can see why they threw the flag because he did hit him to high. I have HUGE respect for Matt coming back into the game 1 play later. That takes guts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/23/matt-schaub-lost-a-piece-of-his-ear/

Quote:
Schaub missed just one play, though, and said after the game that he was fine. With one little exception.

“I felt fine,” Schaub said, via the Houston Chronicle. “Lost a piece of my ear.”


What's crazy about that play, is that that was nowhere near as hard as Joe Mays could have hit him. He let up at the end. Had he followed through with that tackle all the way to the ground, there's no way Schaub would have come back into that game. Mays is a scary man. I just wish he was a better linebacker.


Despite what my more politically correct colleague ET said, I think this game should officially and forever sever this congenial "sibling" relationship between the Texans and Broncos. You got your butts kicked up and down the field in the first half and clearly received a message in the locker room that said that the gloves were to come off in the 2nd half. It started with a dangerous hit on a 5' 5" punt returner that ought to draw an automatic ejection as amongst the most dangerous plays in football. Then two straight hits to the head on our QB two plays later including the Mays hit which better draw a suspension if the league ever hopes to have any credibility on player safety. It was absolutely laughable (and typical) that those two hits were included in the "montage" with the clean hit on Manning where he hit his head on the turf. Manning gets his halo, while Schaub's career has been tainted by multiple cheap shots from Jared Allen and Albert Haynesworth. While a bloodied Schaub getting up from that headhunting shot a play later will serve as a nice tone setter for this season, and should forever shut up ill informed skeptics who question his toughness, Fox & Del Rio crying about referees one week then unleashing a barrage of cheap shots the next week followed by Erik Decker wearing a dress marks the Broncos as the closest thing to the football version of the Charlestown Chiefs with the Hansen brothers on defense and Braden figure skating in his jock on offense. I'm not sure if I speak for Texans fans in general, but if I'm Kubiak, I'm punching Elway's horse toothed grin for leading a franchise that employs a guy like Jack Del Rio who would stoop to blatantly trying to injure our QB to get back into a game. Shameful effort. I'm personally disgusted that the Texans didn't launch into a 10 minute melee after the Mays hit, but I'm hoping that Bowlen and Elway have placed calls to McNair and Kubiak this morning embarassed about their teams behavior yesterday.

I know it's pointless to expect fans to be able to view a game through the lens of sportsmanship and not see the 3 personal fouls in 4 plays as anything but cool "old-time football", but I'm hoping someone out there understands that the entire league will be watching tape of what a Jack Del Rio led defense is capable of and will NOT be as respectful of the organization as the Texans were and that investment in Manning might not last very long. Here's hoping that the Broncos step back and look at the honors Elway and Rod Smith got before the game yesterday and how you can win with honor instead of the dishonorable display put forth yesterday. Stay classy Denver (or was that Oakland?)!

After that childish rant I think youre the one wearing a dress lmao waaaaa waaaaaaaaa grow some this is football
_________________

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Football , Bulls, Cubs, UNC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 7590
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Mays' hit wasn't dirty or malicious. Illegal, yes, but if Joe Mays was gunning for Schaub's head he could and would have destroyed him even more. Luckily, he didn't uncoil, explode, or leave his feet...he just ran straight through him.

He should certainly be fined, but a suspension would be ridiculous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5462
Location: Battle Red State
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to summarize, the justifications are:

1) waaaaaaaaaaa stop crying. you're a baby waaaaa. old tyme football.
2) Brian Cushing tested positive for a steriod masking agent 3 years ago, cheater
3) Was just a "mistimed" hit to the ribs on a defenseless punt returner (which if it had been on a fair catch is one of the only plays that can draw an ejection for flagancy)
4) other players in the league made blindside hits.
5) last year some hack Jacksonville local reporter spliced up some footage to make it look like Antonio Smith punched Clint Session which was completely disproven by the unaltered footage that exonerated Smith and his fine was subsequently rescinded.

Nobody here is crying or deflecting. The Texans beat you straight up in the actual football portion of the game. We didn't respond to the thuggery nor has any Texan been "crying" to the media. Doesn't mean fans can't call em like we see em, and we see a team that looks like it took a message from JDR that was straight out of the Gregg Williams playbook with 3 personal fouls in 4 plays out of halftime 2 of which will draw major fines if not suspensions. I don't expect any Bronco fan to stand up and say "gee, Apollo, you're right, we have seen the error of our ways and will change, sorry." However, it would be nice to see a few level headed Bronco fans see that what happened in the 2nd half Sunday was in some ways worse than the 1st (especially if you throw in a skill position player taking a knee to avoid a hit). If you check the sig, you'll see that I have a vested interest in a certain stud you have from Aggieland that I hope doesn't turn into a Raider-esque goon under JDRs tuteledge.

(Well I forgot I removed the College Station ID when my anonymity was getting challenged, but regardless, I personally know Von (and Ty Warren, et al) and the Baylor O-linemen so it does sadden me a bit to now need to protect my Texan's loyalty by assuming Broncos are now our sworn enemies.)
_________________


12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 14678
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won the game, Shaub didn't get seriously hurt how about you move on? Mays will get what he deserves so why does it bother you so much? It didn't go uncalled and he's going to pay for it, get over it.

You don't see anyone here crying about how Nate Irving got blocked in the back on the play he was hurt do you?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
So to summarize, the justifications are:

1) waaaaaaaaaaa stop crying. you're a baby waaaaa. old tyme football.
2) Brian Cushing tested positive for a steriod masking agent 3 years ago, cheater
3) Was just a "mistimed" hit to the ribs on a defenseless punt returner (which if it had been on a fair catch is one of the only plays that can draw an ejection for flagancy)
4) other players in the league made blindside hits.
5) last year some hack Jacksonville local reporter spliced up some footage to make it look like Antonio Smith punched Clint Session which was completely disproven by the unaltered footage that exonerated Smith and his fine was subsequently rescinded.

Nobody here is crying or deflecting. The Texans beat you straight up in the actual football portion of the game. We didn't respond to the thuggery nor has any Texan been "crying" to the media. Doesn't mean fans can't call em like we see em, and we see a team that looks like it took a message from JDR that was straight out of the Gregg Williams playbook with 3 personal fouls in 4 plays out of halftime 2 of which will draw major fines if not suspensions. I don't expect any Bronco fan to stand up and say "gee, Apollo, you're right, we have seen the error of our ways and will change, sorry." However, it would be nice to see a few level headed Bronco fans see that what happened in the 2nd half Sunday was in some ways worse than the 1st (especially if you throw in a skill position player taking a knee to avoid a hit). If you check the sig, you'll see that I have a vested interest in a certain stud you have from Aggieland that I hope doesn't turn into a Raider-esque goon under JDRs tuteledge.

(Well I forgot I removed the College Station ID when my anonymity was getting challenged, but regardless, I personally know Von (and Ty Warren, et al) and the Baylor O-linemen so it does sadden me a bit to now need to protect my Texan's loyalty by assuming Broncos are now our sworn enemies.)


yep, done trolling?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5019
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
So to summarize, the justifications are:

1) waaaaaaaaaaa stop crying. you're a baby waaaaa. old tyme football.
2) Brian Cushing tested positive for a steriod masking agent 3 years ago, cheater
3) Was just a "mistimed" hit to the ribs on a defenseless punt returner (which if it had been on a fair catch is one of the only plays that can draw an ejection for flagancy)
4) other players in the league made blindside hits.
5) last year some hack Jacksonville local reporter spliced up some footage to make it look like Antonio Smith punched Clint Session which was completely disproven by the unaltered footage that exonerated Smith and his fine was subsequently rescinded.

Nobody here is crying or deflecting. The Texans beat you straight up in the actual football portion of the game. We didn't respond to the thuggery nor has any Texan been "crying" to the media. Doesn't mean fans can't call em like we see em, and we see a team that looks like it took a message from JDR that was straight out of the Gregg Williams playbook with 3 personal fouls in 4 plays out of halftime 2 of which will draw major fines if not suspensions. I don't expect any Bronco fan to stand up and say "gee, Apollo, you're right, we have seen the error of our ways and will change, sorry." However, it would be nice to see a few level headed Bronco fans see that what happened in the 2nd half Sunday was in some ways worse than the 1st (especially if you throw in a skill position player taking a knee to avoid a hit). If you check the sig, you'll see that I have a vested interest in a certain stud you have from Aggieland that I hope doesn't turn into a Raider-esque goon under JDRs tuteledge.

(Well I forgot I removed the College Station ID when my anonymity was getting challenged, but regardless, I personally know Von (and Ty Warren, et al) and the Baylor O-linemen so it does sadden me a bit to now need to protect my Texan's loyalty by assuming Broncos are now our sworn enemies.)


Gotta tell ya, I think you're a bit over the top on your statements. I saw no "thuggery" on any play and we both watched the same game.

If Mays is about 3" lower it's clean, vicious but clean. He makes contact with his shoulder and helmet both. He didn't hit him in the head, but did catch the facemask. schaub is one tough SOB. He shook that off and came right back.

The hit Bolden put on your returner, if it's a 1/10th of a second later is perfect ST execution and highlight reel stuff. Makes a returner think twice about a fair catch. Your guy should have done that by the way.

There was a lot of hitting going on, that was a tough game, but thuggery? No.

I, like a lot of Bronco's fans like the Texans (Kubiak, dennison) They're a helluva ball club and I hope a SB winner this year. We;re not quite there yet and the Texans are a great measuring stick.

Anyway, lighten up a bit. it's football, people get hit. That's the nature of the game. I'll guarantee you don't speak for most Texan fans as I spoke to a few last night and heard nothing like the rant you've posted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3950
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You realize your crying about it now right? Congrats on the win man. How many trophies do the Texans have? Oh yeah that's right. NONE! You seem to being taking this hit a lot more personally than even your QB. Who was the one who actually got hit.


https://twitter.com/PostBroncos

Quote:
Schaub said Mays came up to him to apologize for the hit after the game. "No hard feelings," Schaub said.


Oh you mad...


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1234567


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 756
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
1234567 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
Matt Schaub got hit so hard by Joe Mays he lost a piece of his ear! Holy Cow! By the way i thought that was a good old fashion football hit. Joe hit him literally milliseconds after he released the ball. But it today's NFL i can see why they threw the flag because he did hit him to high. I have HUGE respect for Matt coming back into the game 1 play later. That takes guts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/23/matt-schaub-lost-a-piece-of-his-ear/

Quote:
Schaub missed just one play, though, and said after the game that he was fine. With one little exception.

“I felt fine,” Schaub said, via the Houston Chronicle. “Lost a piece of my ear.”


What's crazy about that play, is that that was nowhere near as hard as Joe Mays could have hit him. He let up at the end. Had he followed through with that tackle all the way to the ground, there's no way Schaub would have come back into that game. Mays is a scary man. I just wish he was a better linebacker.


Despite what my more politically correct colleague ET said, I think this game should officially and forever sever this congenial "sibling" relationship between the Texans and Broncos. You got your butts kicked up and down the field in the first half and clearly received a message in the locker room that said that the gloves were to come off in the 2nd half. It started with a dangerous hit on a 5' 5" punt returner that ought to draw an automatic ejection as amongst the most dangerous plays in football. Then two straight hits to the head on our QB two plays later including the Mays hit which better draw a suspension if the league ever hopes to have any credibility on player safety. It was absolutely laughable (and typical) that those two hits were included in the "montage" with the clean hit on Manning where he hit his head on the turf. Manning gets his halo, while Schaub's career has been tainted by multiple cheap shots from Jared Allen and Albert Haynesworth. While a bloodied Schaub getting up from that headhunting shot a play later will serve as a nice tone setter for this season, and should forever shut up ill informed skeptics who question his toughness, Fox & Del Rio crying about referees one week then unleashing a barrage of cheap shots the next week followed by Erik Decker wearing a dress marks the Broncos as the closest thing to the football version of the Charlestown Chiefs with the Hansen brothers on defense and Braden figure skating in his jock on offense. I'm not sure if I speak for Texans fans in general, but if I'm Kubiak, I'm punching Elway's horse toothed grin for leading a franchise that employs a guy like Jack Del Rio who would stoop to blatantly trying to injure our QB to get back into a game. Shameful effort. I'm personally disgusted that the Texans didn't launch into a 10 minute melee after the Mays hit, but I'm hoping that Bowlen and Elway have placed calls to McNair and Kubiak this morning embarassed about their teams behavior yesterday.

I know it's pointless to expect fans to be able to view a game through the lens of sportsmanship and not see the 3 personal fouls in 4 plays as anything but cool "old-time football", but I'm hoping someone out there understands that the entire league will be watching tape of what a Jack Del Rio led defense is capable of and will NOT be as respectful of the organization as the Texans were and that investment in Manning might not last very long. Here's hoping that the Broncos step back and look at the honors Elway and Rod Smith got before the game yesterday and how you can win with honor instead of the dishonorable display put forth yesterday. Stay classy Denver (or was that Oakland?)!


Applause Boo hoo! go cry in your own forum bud.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21755
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I don't care how you slice it, that was a dirty play. You can't lead with your head and that is exactly what Mays did.

Schefter:
Quote:
NFL considering one-game suspension for Broncos LB Joe Mays, who landed helmet-to-helmet hit on Matt Schaub. At very least, a fine coming.


Clearly the NFL thought it was pretty blatant as well.

If someone laid that on Manning, Bronco fans would be SCREAMING for attention.

This isn't the 1970's. Get over your 'real NFL' comments. This is the real NFL. One where they aim to prevent malicious hits and care about player safety.


what a joke! the hit was clean, shoulder pad hit him! texans fans trolling hard on denverpost.com ... waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaa

did seattles player get suspended for his blindside hit which was worse than what mays did? i dont think so. nfl is a joke.


And you'll tune in every single week and buy the merchandise. Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21755
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
You realize your crying about it now right? Congrats on the win man. How many trophies do the Texans have? Oh yeah that's right. NONE! You seem to being taking this hit a lot more personally than even your QB. Who was the one who actually got hit.


https://twitter.com/PostBroncos

Quote:
Schaub said Mays came up to him to apologize for the hit after the game. "No hard feelings," Schaub said.


Oh you mad...



Laughing Laughing

Going w/ the old trophy post, classic.

Never mind the fact the Texans have been in the league since only 2002.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I don't care how you slice it, that was a dirty play. You can't lead with your head and that is exactly what Mays did.

Schefter:
Quote:
NFL considering one-game suspension for Broncos LB Joe Mays, who landed helmet-to-helmet hit on Matt Schaub. At very least, a fine coming.


Clearly the NFL thought it was pretty blatant as well.

If someone laid that on Manning, Bronco fans would be SCREAMING for attention.

This isn't the 1970's. Get over your 'real NFL' comments. This is the real NFL. One where they aim to prevent malicious hits and care about player safety.


what a joke! the hit was clean, shoulder pad hit him! texans fans trolling hard on denverpost.com ... waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaa

did seattles player get suspended for his blindside hit which was worse than what mays did? i dont think so. nfl is a joke.


And you'll tune in every single week and buy the merchandise. Laughing Laughing


you sir are correct Very Happy and i will continue to overreact on a bad play only to come back later and say, i knew they had this Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
You realize your crying about it now right? Congrats on the win man. How many trophies do the Texans have? Oh yeah that's right. NONE! You seem to being taking this hit a lot more personally than even your QB. Who was the one who actually got hit.


https://twitter.com/PostBroncos

Quote:
Schaub said Mays came up to him to apologize for the hit after the game. "No hard feelings," Schaub said.


Oh you mad...



Laughing Laughing

Going w/ the old trophy post, classic.

Never mind the fact the Texans have been in the league since only 2002.


Well he did come in here guns firing on John Elway and the franchise. So I would say it's valid.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group