Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

was watching SNF tonight...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: was watching SNF tonight... Reply with quote

let me just state that i typically only watch panther games and primetime stuff.

somethings i noticed about the game

bill belichick and john harbaugh, two of the best coaches in the league, were absolutely going out of their minds at times. ron rivera does not do this.

the ravens and patriots hit the hell out of each others offenses. we do not do this... except for thomas davis i guess. i don't know how to get a mean, stingy defense, but i want one.

and lastly and maybe most disappointingly, holy crap at the ravens' fans. that was awesome how they kept singing "seven nation army" and then had the manure chant. i couldn't imagine that stuff happening at BoA. our HFA is a freaking joke compared to these guys. on thursday night all i heard people say was "BOOOOO" and "CRUUUUUUUZ." its embarrassing. i even remember the 2010 ravens game having people yelling "HEEEAAAAAP." why can we not get something going like that? i hope the next time we play in charlotte, everyone starts yelling "STEEEEEEWWWW" and gets loud on the opponents' drives. it is ridiculous how terrible the fans are. do the PSL owners just sell their tickets to opposing fans? is there any way to stop all of our seats from going to lame corporate/white collar/bank people to let real fans in who will get all drunk and loud? we're never going to become an elite team without some sort of HFA. teams need to be afraid to come to our house.

ok that is all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they were mostly yelling at the refs weren't they? Rivera is a stone on the sideline but if he had been yelling it would have been at his players. I know it's useful sometimes but I'm not a real proponent of the Bill Cowher approach but I'm not a fan of the John Fox type either.

Those cities have had a franchise for much longer and a culture that has been build through winning. They've also done a good job of consistently drafting well enough which I believe is a result of their culture and their leadership.
boston9089

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: was watching SNF tonight... Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
bill belichick and john harbaugh, two of the best coaches in the league, were absolutely going out of their minds at times. ron rivera does not do this.

Bill Belichick? Whens the last time anyone has seen his face move, even blink. He only got vocal because something out of his god given control happened. Otherwise, he's more like a stone than any coach has ever been.

Mike McCarthy is another SuperBowl winning coach that rarely snaps.

Coaches that do:
Harbaugh - 0 SBs
Cowher - 1 SBs, took 15 years...
Coughlin - 2 or 3? But would you honestly perfer him?
Dennis Green - 0
Jon Gruden - 1 SB, given the team
Mike Smith - 0 SB
Rex Ryan - 0 SB
Gary Kubiak - 0 SB
Mike Singletary - 0 SB
Andy Reid - 0 SB, not extremely emotion, but talks too much
I could keep going but the MNF games starting.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think it's fair to criticize the fans when the product on the field has been consistently poor for years. that place was on fire in 2003 and during other playoff runs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so... we have a bunch of fairweather fans then?

the raiders somehow have fans freaking out every sunday and they havent even had a winning season in 10 years!

every time i've gone to a panthers game i've screamed at the top of my lungs. no reason for others not to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: