Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oh, mercy...it's Percy!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Oh, mercy...it's Percy! Reply with quote

@JonEkstrom: After 3 weeks...Percy Harvin has franchise highs in receptions (27, 1st in NFL) and combined yards (559). Leads NFL in YAC (153).
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of that has to be tempered with the fact we have few other guys to throw to.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
some of that has to be tempered with the fact we have few other guys to throw to.

Rudolph has 13 catches too. I would be curious to know where that ranks among the leaders at TE.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Rudolph has 13 catches too. I would be curious to know where that ranks among the leaders at TE.

11th
Robb_K

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Simpson back, and Ponder getting more used to delivering the ball to Peterson in space (e.g. including him in the short passing game, I'm guessing that Harvin and Rudolph's touches will decline. But, that will be fine with me, if Simpson turns into a reliable and very capable deep threat.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
With Simpson back, and Ponder getting more used to delivering the ball to Peterson in space (e.g. including him in the short passing game, I'm guessing that Harvin and Rudolph's touches will decline. But, that will be fine with me, if Simpson turns into a reliable and very capable deep threat.

I dont agree that Harvins stats (throws to) should decline with Simpson on board. You dont reduce your #1, when a #2 enters the lineup.

Jenkins/Devin (#3/#4) throws to should be declined by 50%, and be directed towards Simpson

Throwing
40% Harvin
20% Simpson
20% Kyle
15% Jenkins/Devin
5% Other

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD! Let's end this -- Percy is the #1 receiver on the Vikes.

He may well break 120 catches for the year, and deservedly so. The question of the year -- How does that translate to the Vikings winning ballgames?

In the end, if Percy contributes at the rate he is and Adrian continues to amaze us -- oh, and Ponder and Rudolph kinda chip in, this offense will win a few. Stats wise, they might even make Percy a rich guy this off-season.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Robb_K wrote:

I dont agree that Harvins stats (throws to) should decline with Simpson on board. You dont reduce your #1, when a #2 enters the lineup.

Jenkins/Devin (#3/#4) throws to should be declined by 50%, and be directed towards Simpson

Throwing
40% Harvin
20% Simpson
20% Kyle
15% Jenkins/Devin
5% Other

Bingo. Harvin should continue to be prioritized above all others in the passing game. I also do not expect a dramatic drop in his numbers. But I do believe Simpson should begin to open things up for this offense and allow Ponder to sling it downfield more (something I would really like to see).

Peppers90 on the sig.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Robb_K wrote:

Throwing
40% Harvin
20% Simpson
20% Kyle
15% Jenkins/Devin
5% Other

Bingo. Harvin should continue to be prioritized above all others in the passing game. I also do not expect a dramatic drop in his numbers. But I do believe Simpson should begin to open things up for this offense and allow Ponder to sling it downfield more (something I would really like to see).

Hopefully his touches doesnt lower because the offense scores for MORE touches in general Wink

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Robb_K wrote:

Throwing
40% Harvin
20% Simpson
20% Kyle
15% Jenkins/Devin
5% Other

And that is the great thing about Simpson's return!

In Ponder's 13.25 games of playing time, Harvin has 91 receptions. That averages out to 6.87 receptions per game. Over a 16 game season, it's 109.89 catches.

If anything, I think Simpson could even open up more things for Percy because it will allow Musgrave to use him more creatively.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Hopefully his touches doesnt lower because the offense scores for MORE touches in general Wink

That's the plan! I really have high hopes for Simpson. I liked him a lot coming out of college, too. He didn't get much hype, hailing from small Coastal Carolina, but he's always had the game. Consistency has been an issue for him but who knows, maybe having a larger, more defined role in our offense (as opposed to his role in Cincy's) will pay dividends.

Peppers90 on the sig.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Robb_K wrote:

Throwing
40% Harvin
20% Simpson
20% Kyle
15% Jenkins/Devin
5% Other

And that is the great thing about Simpson's return!

In Ponder's 13.25 games of playing time, Harvin has 91 receptions. That averages out to 6.87 receptions per game. Over a 16 game season, it's 109.89 catches.

If anything, I think Simpson could even open up more things for Percy because it will allow Musgrave to use him more creatively.

IS the .89 catch similar to the Tate's catch this MNF?

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:

IS the .89 catch similar to the Tate's catch this MNF?

No, I think Tate got closer to the .11
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Harvin fellow is pretty good, he'll have teams screaming, "Lord, have Percy!"

Haters gonna hate.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when the Harvin trade talk arose, virtually no one agreed with me that Harvin was a top 10 WR in this league. Anyone care to still disagree?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: