Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 5 Up / Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our front 7 is pretty weak.
Timmons, Keisel and Hampton ought to be benched.

Mundy, Woirlds and Carter need to find new jobs.

I can't remember a Steelers D being so weak up the middle.

Quote:
No downs for AB???

I called that second fumble. He tries too hard at times to make a big play and gets careless with the ball.

Love him but he really cost us today and could've been worse if he didn't get lucky on the first fumble.

Agree. That 4th quarter blew. Did the Raiders punt in the 2nd half? If not, that is despicable. NFL.com says NO.

Hood might have tore his knee up. Anything the league says about safety, while still having that chop block rule in place is should be ignored.

Thanks Lyasr 529

Last edited by SMashMouthMike on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPS

1. Ben- Was great out there today
2. Haley- Like his play calling. Looks like his O is starting to take a positive shape
3. Heath!!!! Great game
4. Pass Pro- Ben had lots of time
5. Bye week- I hate early season bye weeks but this might be needed to give the D time to reflect and adjust

Down:

1. Defense- Looks like the game is passing LeBeau bye. Neither D was good today but the Raiders were able to make that one stop late in the 4th. The Steelers were not!
2. Ryan Mundy- No need to comment
3. Turnovers
4. Still too many costly penalties. We need some discipline. Wink
5. Lack of run game

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
steelcurtain29, don't blame Woodley. LeBeau has him dropping into coverage 50% of the time

If you look at the game this week in all-22, mind posting the % of pass snaps Woodley played in coverage rather than rushing? Or how often Hood/Heyward are called to play a passive read/react stance rather than being agressive.

yeah, this past week I made a mistake. I tried to go through the all-22 and grade each player in the front 7 and each player on the OL, and it just took too damn long.

I'm going to focus on Willie Colon and MoPo on the OL, and I'm going to chart strictly what Woodley does each play as well as the r/r vs. attack for our DEs.

I'll say this much. Keisel and Hampton absolutely suck now. Hood sucks when he is forced to play r/r, but was actually pretty decent when he got to attack.

very frustrating.

Hopefully the bye week coming after a game where the defense absolutely let down Ben means they have some extra time to overhaul the game plan if Lebeau will actually do it. Hood and Heyward have been allowed to attack enough to know those sorts of plays are at least in the playbook.

I never thought I'd see the day where Ben would be playing the best I've seen him yet worry that we won't break 8-8 because of our defense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Up
1. Big Ben - On point most of the game...a few off key passes, but they happen.
2. Haley - Really digging his playcalling. 100% Agree with you
3. Pass blocking - They did very well, although the Raiders dont have much of a pass rush.
4. Heath - Playing very well early this season
5. WRs - Aside from the fumbles looked great

Down
1. Trolls - This isnt really in game, but more on here. I am utterly disgusted with the amount of trolling that is allowed to occur in NFL Gen of the Steelers...and by the same pieces of ish every single time. I didnt mind people calling the hit dirty, but anyone who posts in NFL gen knows the idiots Im referring to, and how they are contantly allowed to run their mouths. Its the same guys every time, so Im not talking about everyone...just those select few d-bags.

2. Refs - The refs didnt lose this game for us, but they have been terrible leaguewide.

3. LeBeau - Seriously....when did you stop making adjustments? I love you for what youve done over the years, but at this point, youre running on nothing but steam. Do the decent thing and retire after this season. I was going to bring this up on a thread but I think it is time for LeBeau to move on. His defense has gone old and stale.
4. Mundy - I defended him a bit a few weeks back, saying that the quality of safety around the league is so bad, that as a backup, he is the norm. At this point, Id rather Carnell Lake strap em back on and play safety than to see this bum on the field again. AWFUL, JUST AWFUL
5. Running game - Would be higher...but at this point its implied. People need to stop looking at the running backs....its the freaking OLine. After the bye we should really know, Mendy will be back , not that he is a superstar but we will know if its the OL or the back ups are just that back ups
And just as a quick question...anyone else think Colon is just as bad of a LG as he was a RT? I want this bum off the team. Still makes moron decisions and is a mediocre blockier....but now instead of his pass blocking being the biggest issue, its his run blocking. KEMO the 2nd
Kugler needs to go as well. Never liked him anyway.

Im not saying have a firesale....but LeBeau, Kugler and Colon shouldnt be on this team in 2013 IMO. LeBeau will be fondly remembered....Kugler and Colon can go work at Kinko's for all I care.

" The dead know only one thing... It's better to be ALIVE"

"Your Coach is a Cheater, Your Super Bowls are lies, you back-up at Michigan"(Tom Brady) stated by Tosh O
SteelbyN8re

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just wanted to get your thoughts on something I think I noticed in the game yesterday, specifically Baron Batch. I don't know if it's just me, but did it not seem like he hit the hole with a lot more decisiveness and ferocity than any back to touch the ball this season? To me it looked like what I expected to see out of Redman.

I know it's a really small sample size, but I thought he showed some pretty quick decision making - which with this line is a must. On a couple carries he only got like 3 yards, but even then he hit whatever there was to hit quickly and got what he could get.

I don't think he needs to get 20 carries a game or anything. It was just kind of nice to see someone get the ball and move forward quickly rather than slow down right when they get the hand off.

I don't know if it's just me. Was the blocking better or something?.....

Also, I wasn't really sure where to post this. I guess I will call him a minor up.
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMashMouthMike wrote:
Our front 7 is pretty weak.
Timmons, Keisel and Hampton ought to be benched.

Mundy, Woirlds and Carter need to find new jobs.

I can't remember a Steelers D being so weak up the middle.

Quote:
No downs for AB???

I called that second fumble. He tries too hard at times to make a big play and gets careless with the ball.

Love him but he really cost us today and could've been worse if he didn't get lucky on the first fumble.

Agree. That 4th quarter blew. Did the Raiders punt in the 2nd half? If not, that is despicable. NFL.com says NO.

Hood might have tore his knee up. Anything the league says about safety, while still having that chop block rule in place is should be ignored.

Both of the fumbles were the carriers fault, they never had James Harrison chop the ball out, so it is their fault period.

About the front 7, this is a concern. I don't care for the scheme in todays game, but I am not seeing much from these players outside of Foote and occasionally Woodley (when allowed ).

Timmons looks washed up
Hampton is a run plugger which in todays game is of rare use vs certain few teams
Keisel , Hood , Heyward might have their moments, but are not even close to what Smith was
Carter/Worilds still need time, but I am more hopeful for Carter.
Allen, Lewis both benefit from press
Taylor is OK, but not quite up to the hype

My issue is the scheme. I think Nickel should be the base with all the passing going on. Maybe a dime on "passing downs" .

I would prefer a D that has 4 DL get the pressure and then the rest are in coverage. I used to like the exotic blitzes and all that, but it seems to be figured out to an extent with the league the way it is now. Ben played a great game scored 31 and still lost. Not a good sign IMO. How often does this D allow 34 points vs a winless team?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: