Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The real issue is ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
Wow I am amazed.You lose a couple games that could go either way and suddenly the world is ending.The entire rebuild is a failure.We all know that the defensive backs on this team are not up to snuff for this pass happy league.We all know that Polumbus is just a stop gap at RT and we have little good depth at OT.BUT we are averaging almost 31 pts a game so far.We couldnt muster 20 a game the last 3 years but we all seem to forget about that I guess.I am quite excited for the future and still think we can be a playoff team with a few breaks goin our way instead of against us.They will take care of our holes in the next 2 offseasons.we will be a deeper better team next year and in 2014 when we get our cap space back they can get 2 or 3 elite playmakers for which ever side of the ball they think needs it most.Which will put us in great position to make a 4 or 5 year run at it.I know we all want to win now.But chicken little the sky isnt falling Twisted Evil

While all this is true, there will be no future if we can't protect our most important piece to the future in RG3 or keep doing the negative things over and over without any change aka fixing the secondary, bringing in a new real 3-4 deffensive coordinator, and real 3-4 DT. Yes I'm excited about the offense putting up points but with Rg3 getting hit the way he's been getting hit he will eventually go down and stay down.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
TKellion wrote:
Wow I am amazed.You lose a couple games that could go either way and suddenly the world is ending.The entire rebuild is a failure.We all know that the defensive backs on this team are not up to snuff for this pass happy league.We all know that Polumbus is just a stop gap at RT and we have little good depth at OT.BUT we are averaging almost 31 pts a game so far.We couldnt muster 20 a game the last 3 years but we all seem to forget about that I guess.I am quite excited for the future and still think we can be a playoff team with a few breaks goin our way instead of against us.They will take care of our holes in the next 2 offseasons.we will be a deeper better team next year and in 2014 when we get our cap space back they can get 2 or 3 elite playmakers for which ever side of the ball they think needs it most.Which will put us in great position to make a 4 or 5 year run at it.I know we all want to win now.But chicken little the sky isnt falling Twisted Evil
While all this is true, there will be no future if we can't protect our most important piece to the future in RG3 or keep doing the negative things over and over without any change aka fixing the secondary, bringing in a new real 3-4 deffensive coordinator, and real 3-4 DT. Yes I'm excited about the offense putting up points but with Rg3 getting hit the way he's been getting hit he will eventually go down and stay down.
Hasslett was a 3-4 D coordinator at Pittsburgh, he learned under Dom Capers, one of the masterminds in the league of the scheme. He knows the defense as well as anyone in the league.

You can't do anything without talent on the field. Just look at the difference in our offense from Grossman to Griffin. One man has made that much difference in one year. The scheme and Coach aren't the problem is the back 4 or 5 personnel and until Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen fix that problem our secondary will NOT be improved! I guarantee you that and firing the coach who has installed the system Shanahan wanted him to install day 1 is not the answer! Wink

And Cofield is fine, so is Chris Baker as his back up and Chris Nield will be great when he's back as our other NT. Cofield played well last game, we only gave up 3.3 yds per rush.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
Wow I am amazed.You lose a couple games that could go either way and suddenly the world is ending.The entire rebuild is a failure.We all know that the defensive backs on this team are not up to snuff for this pass happy league.We all know that Polumbus is just a stop gap at RT and we have little good depth at OT.BUT we are averaging almost 31 pts a game so far.We couldnt muster 20 a game the last 3 years but we all seem to forget about that I guess.I am quite excited for the future and still think we can be a playoff team with a few breaks goin our way instead of against us.They will take care of our holes in the next 2 offseasons.we will be a deeper better team next year and in 2014 when we get our cap space back
they can get 2 or 3 elite playmakers for which ever side of the ball they think needs it most.Which will put us in great position to make a 4 or 5 year run at it.I know we all want to win now.But chicken little the sky isnt falling Twisted Evil

100% agree

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
TKellion wrote:
Hasslett was a 3-4 D coordinator at Pittsburgh, he learned under Dom Capers, one of the masterminds in the league of the scheme. He knows the defense as well as anyone in the league.

You can't do anything without talent on the field. Just look at the difference in our offense from Grossman to Griffin. One man has made that much difference in one year. The scheme and Coach aren't the problem is the back 4 or 5 personnel and until Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen fix that problem our secondary will NOT be improved! I guarantee you that and firing the coach who has installed the system Shanahan wanted him to install day 1 is not the answer! Wink

And Cofield is fine, so is Chris Baker as his back up and Chris Nield will be great when he's back as our other NT. Cofield played well last game, we only gave up 3.3 yds per rush.

Hasslet may have learned the 3-4 under Caper's but that does't mean he's capable of coaching it or running it effectively as Pittsburgh has done for years. Thatz like saying just because Ryan Mallet is learning behind Tom Brady, Mallet is for sure to go out and produce like Brady. The same difference Rg3 is having on our offense, bringing in a new coach to coach the 3-4 (if Shanahan dosen't give it up) could do the same for our deffense. Just look at what Wade Phillips did with the Texans D once he was let go by Dallas (so it's proven a coach can make just much as a difference as a player) Coaches turn teams around all the time with the same player's that the previous coach had but just didn't know how to use those player's.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost I want to say it has nothing to do with elite talent, because football is a team sport. For example: if Team A had two elite talents on defense the rest ok and Team B had 12 very good well coached players playing defense, Team B has the better/more consistent D. I'd pin it on depth/scheme/consistency/execution before I say we are losing games because of talent. We may not have elite talent on defense but the talent we do have is good enough to be top 10 in the NFL as a team. One or two elite players can make a difference but at the same time we have sufficient enough talent to be a elite defense in the NFL, because we showed flashes last year.

The problem with the Redskins is exactly what they keep saying, executing! I know we all get tired of hearing it, and I wish they would actually do it and stop talking about it after every loss. Evil or Very Mad

Football is a team game, its hard to watch when our LB'ers are playing well and then the opposing team goes over the top for a TD. Yesterday Gomes, got scored on (the first play of the game), and Wilson got scored on, Crawford got scored on which is more on Williams. Other then that the LB'ers and D-line played good enough to make them abandon their run game. They just didnt get the pressure on the QB, thats my only complaint on the front 7.

The secondary has been playing very poor since the 4th quarter of the Saints game. It's obviously something on film that the Rams and the Bengals utilized to torch them. In the NFL when teams put together game plans, they attack the weakness of the defense. Until we fix those weakness which I think is technique/scheme when it comes to the secondary we will continue to get lit up like a got-damn Christmas tree! smh
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch the packers and redskins DBs and you'll see the difference. You'll see the packers defense of last year, (coached by Dom Capers) which was a horrible secondary! Give Hasslett more talent in the secondary and he'll deliver a top 10 or maybe even top 5 D

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Yes, because it was definitely talent that has led to all those big rushers in the ZBS. Rolling Eyes

Morris is benefiting from big holes that allow him to get up to speed. That's why he's shaking off tacklers. Just about every running back in the league can do that. It's always about getting to the second and third level cleanly. That's what the ZBS does. Morris is just another in a long line of running backs to benefit from it.

So is that why the Skins cut Hightower for a 6th round draft pick? Is that why Royster and Helu are not getting the carries and Morris is because of his lack of talent? While its all scheme.

I had my doubts about Morris when he was drafted. But since I have seen him play and be able to gain yards after contact and still be able to hold on to the ball is truly a plus for the scouting of Morris at FAU.

But Morris played at the senior bowl in which the Shanahans coached. They saw something there, when IT WAS NOT THE SCHEME and he was not even playing RB. He played FB the entire game. Didnt get a single carry.

He is not overly fast (4.68 at the combine) but he hits the holes and explodes through them.

From the Sporting News:

Quote:
Morris’ debut included 96 yards on 28 carries, while adding toughness to an offense that is suddenly more finesse. Where Morris stands out over the other two is his vision and ability to gain yards after contact.

A guy that can lower his pads and get the extra yards is something that we need to keep the pressure off Griffin from 'doing it all'.

Quote:
Meanwhile, when Helu got the ball, his vision wasn't the same as Morris’. Helu missed two lanes, one on a catch and another on a run, that would have resulted in a touchdown and a good gain.

That might have come from rust, and there’s no doubt that Helu, because of his speed, must get touches. But Morris’ hard running style deserves many more looks.

Coming directly from the Sporting News. Alfred Morris

Realize, that not one time was there a mention of the scheme for his success in winning the starting job over Helu and Royster?

And when Clinton Portis was here, and we didnt run a ZBS, was his success in running the ball attributed to the ZBS? When someone has the talent and motivation to be good, you cannot attribute their success to a scheme, all the time.

Where Colt Brennan's success was completely cause of the scheme they ran in Hawaii. The same with Graham Harrell in Texas Tech.

But in this case, according to Morris, on Adam Carriker's show:

Quote:
Carriker jokes that Morris runs like he has something wrong with him, but the 23-year-old Morris says it’s just a refusal to be tackled.

Give the kid some credit that he actually can play and don't always attribute it to the scheme. Cause even when we were running the triple option on Sunday, it was not the ZBS that made it successful.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: