Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OUT COACHED AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax guys our offense has sprinkles and twists. The OL needs time to gel more than new players

And the rest of you whistle Dixie

Our offense is still lacking talent and is a work in progress.

And an offense should do whatever is working and against the Packers that pass was not only not working, but it was hurting us.
rub10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the loss hurts, I don't see why so much worry after losing to Green Bay. The game plan was not perfect but the execution by the players was even worse. The Oline was playing like crap trying to pass block, and the WRs were making mental mistakes, notably Marshall dropping a sure TD, Bennett not coming back to the ball when his QB was on the run (You're taught that in High School for Pete's sake), and general inability to get open. It didn't help Cutler started losing his compose after getting chased down all game, and his WRs not helping out his case. While the game plan was not perfect, the coaches can't do anything about other factors that lead to the loss, such as the player mistakes. Oh yeah, not to mention, Green Bay has been a pretty good darn team the past few years. Now if the Bears lose to the Rams, then it might be time to start panicking a little bit, but even then, there is still a long season left and this team has shown in the past that it takes them awhile before they finally click midway through the year. But that's how the Chicago sports market is. When a team is winning, its all sparkles and rainbows. As soon as they lose, the finger pointing starts as to whose head to put on the stake. Lets wait a few more games, and assess any constant progression or regression, before we go hitting the panic button.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rub10 wrote:
While the loss hurts, I don't see why so much worry after losing to Green Bay. The game plan was not perfect but the execution by the players was even worse. The Oline was playing like crap trying to pass block, and the WRs were making mental mistakes, notably Marshall dropping a sure TD, Bennett not coming back to the ball when his QB was on the run (You're taught that in High School for Pete's sake), and general inability to get open. It didn't help Cutler started losing his compose after getting chased down all game, and his WRs not helping out his case. While the game plan was not perfect, the coaches can't do anything about other factors that lead to the loss, such as the player mistakes. Oh yeah, not to mention, Green Bay has been a pretty good darn team the past few years. Now if the Bears lose to the Rams, then it might be time to start panicking a little bit, but even then, there is still a long season left and this team has shown in the past that it takes them awhile before they finally click midway through the year. But that's how the Chicago sports market is. When a team is winning, its all sparkles and rainbows. As soon as they lose, the finger pointing starts as to whose head to put on the stake. Lets wait a few more games, and assess any constant progression or regression, before we go hitting the panic button.
Small changes can make a huge difference in a game. Sunday we saw an intelligent game plan: start out running the ball. That produces changes everywhere in the offense. It helps your line, it helps your qb, it helps your WRs get open. The infuriating thing about this is that it was so obvious.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy67 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
CadeMcGrossman wrote:
Fault lies with Tice. If Tice was operating as a free agent then "yes" but he was not so "not really".

1. Wasn't able to outscheme the Packer D with any kind of protection schemes to give Cutler more time to throw. They got out-witted/out-hustled the whole game. Smith is routinely out-witted by GB.

2. Did NOT seem to come in with the right game plan. Not enough running to set up the pass. Packers had a clear weakness in the running game and the Bears (At the time) had two good, healthy backs. Should have run it a majority of the time and then give them the pass when they were sleeping.

3. He put together this offensive line. Webb is his pet project. Webb is clearly not ready for prime time. His ceiling is 'average' his floor is 'deplorable'.
Webb just joins the rest of the NFL tackles in not being able to handle Matthews. The problem was we did not start running the ball at Matthews which would have prevented the defense from getting in a frenzy. It all goes back to not running the ball or calling plays designed to slow a rush. Coaching.

How often did the Packers beat Peppers with just one guy blocking?
I don't know but not too often. We sacked Rodgers 5 times so adjustments to Peppers caused the Pack lots of problems.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:

Ditka would never allow such a game plan to be implemented.

You know, you're absolutely right. Ditka would never have implemented that plan. Ditka would have traded all our draft picks so we could get Andrew Luck last draft. When you decide to make sense let me know.

You want a coach who doesn't make stupid decisions and yet the wonderous paragon you hold up is a coach who made one of the stupidest decisions in all of football history. Great call, brah. Ditka was FAR and AWAY the greatest coach of the Bears I ever saw. I don't care what he did in NO plus where was the GM on that move? I never saluted Ditka for his GM prowress in any case. Just his coaching.

You know, just for the sake of the Lovie bashers I really hope that he gets fired this year and we get some mope like Jauron or Wanny who can fumble and bumble and lead us to 4-12 seasons over and over.[/quote] Smith had two years in a row where we won more than we lost other than that his record is up and down much like his predecessors. But for one year the rest of his record is mediocre. No Bears fan wants our coach to be less than the best.

I wished for the best for Abe Gibron, Jack Pardee, Neil Armstrong, Da Coach, Wanny and Jauron as I did with Smith. But I have seen what they all could do or not do.

The Chicago Bears should have a coach who can produce a winner year after year. Some franchises DEMAND that or their manager/coach is gone.
Look at the Yankees for a great example. They do not tolerate on and off years. Ditka was fired for much flimsier reasons.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Relax guys our offense has sprinkles and twists. The OL needs time to gel more than new players

And the rest of you whistle Dixie

Our offense is still lacking talent and is a work in progress.

And an offense should do whatever is working and against the Packers that pass was not only not working, but it was hurting us.
Seems pretty obvious doesn't it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: