Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Texans vs. Broncos GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to note in regards to the "situation" at RT:

Now, we know that Derek Newton didn't exactly play well yesterday - he had the Safety, he didn't really pick up many of his assignments in the run game. He didn't have a garbage game, but he didn't have a good game either - as mse said, that's to be expected with a 2nd year player who is essentially a rookie out there.

This being said - is it a possibility that Newton was winded to the point to where we had to swap him out for Ryan Harris? We all know about the high altitude of Denver, CO...it's a task to keep your air about you, and even the most conditioned athletes in the NFL are sucking wind out there. Ryan Harris might be a street FA, but he IS from Denver and is probably in a place with his conditioning to where the thin air out there isn't as much of a concern. Maybe that is why we went with him in the game - not because Newton wasn't effective (he wasn't OVERLY effective, agreed) but because Newton had reached a point to where he was gassed beyond return, and the team had no choice but to put in his reserve, a guy who spent a lot of time out there?

Food for thought, IMO.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Houston Texans twitter account:

Quote:
Kubiak: S Quintin Demps had thumb surgery. WR Lestar Jean has meniscus issue will have surgery tomorrow. He'll miss a wk, but be back soon.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:

Quote:
Kubiak: S Quintin Demps had thumb surgery. WR Lestar Jean has meniscus issue will have surgery tomorrow. He'll miss a wk, but be back soon.

Yipes, Jean is having surgery for a knee issue and will be back in a week? Demps had thumb surgery? How long is he gonna be out now?

Given Demps' injury along with the regression of Brice McCain, I think we're creeping up on a time where Alan Ball sees the field. That is not good.

kenney

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:

Quote:

Yipes, Jean is having surgery for a knee issue and will be back in a week? Demps had thumb surgery? How long is he gonna be out now?

Given Demps' injury along with the regression of Brice McCain, I think we're creeping up on a time where Alan Ball sees the field. That is not good.

Should also mean that Harris and Posey are activated. I'm excited to see if DeVier can do anything with a real quarterback. I'm not excited to see if Ball plays a prominent role in our dime package.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:

Quote:

Kubiak said Demps played the 2nd half with a cast and says he should play this week. And I don't see Jean coming back until the Packer game at least

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:

Quote:

Kubiak said Demps played the 2nd half with a cast and says he should play this week. And I don't see Jean coming back until the Packer game at least

As kenney said, time to see what we have in DeVier Posey. Sink or swim under the bright lights, with 1st team guys. Lestar had some big moments, so Posey has some fancy shoes to fill...

Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately for the Broncos, JJ Watt is a monster. The NFL should make the Texans tie up one of Watt's arms to make it fair for the rest of the league.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Unfortunately for the Broncos, JJ Watt is a monster. The NFL should make the Texans tie up one of Watt's arms to make it fair for the rest of the league.

In case you hadn't noticed, since he dislocated his elbow in camp, he is playing with a brace on that arm that might as well have it tied up. I suspect this week comes the over correction by the Titans that lets Antonio, Barwin, Reed, and Mercilus go nuts on the other side. I think CJ0K just took a dive for a 1 yard loss while watching the tape...

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the GREAT bday gift Texans, although it was a little nerve racking. Now for some thoughts on the game. Def alot of good and some bad.

The Good
1. JJ Watt, nuff said.

2. Our run defense, aside from that first 10 yard run by Willis we held them to 59 yards and 2.9 ypc, I know they were almost exclusively passing in the 2nd but we shut them down in the 1st half.

3. Our rushing attack, we ran for 152 yards on 34 carries. Not a flashy performance but a solid one.

4. The Real Matty Ice, it's already be said but Im sure glad to have Matt leading this team for the next couple of years.

5. We have so many weapons and showed the nfl LeStar and Martin this week. We have 10 viable options between out RB's, TE's and WR's that can all contribute. That's not counting Forsett.

The Bad

1.The right side of the line, I think we threw to much on Newtons plate to fast. After all he's a 2nd year 7th round draft pick from a D2 school. I think we should rotate Harris and him for a couple of games and see who plays better then give them the job. Caldwell sucks, I remember last year especially on boots, Winston used to get a push, now all I see is Caldwell either getting blown by or pushed back and it's messing up the timing on out boots. Hopefully Jones can take over soon.

2. Tate's fumble, clearly the turning point in the 2nd half. And with our defense not really capitalizing on turnover opportunities we have to take care of the ball. I fully expect to see Forsett get some carries this week and maybe ahead of Tate.

3. Aside from Cush and Watt in our front 7 we've gotten little to nothing, especially from Connor. I know he started slow with only 1 sack in the first 5 games last year but with Watt playing this well and starting to get double teamed, our other front 7 guys especially Brooks and Connor have to be able to win some 1 on 1 battles.

4. We play alot of cover 2 and man under and our safties were doing a poor job sometimes of over the top help. We're going to need them against Balt and the Pack.

5. With McCain playing this poorly and him being a UFA this offseason, I dont see why we arnt giving Harris a shot. KJax got burned on a deep ball by Decker but he has improved and still think he'll be alright.

It was a solid game but we def have somethings to work on, bring on the Titans
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefter just said on countdown that the NFL is contemplating a 1 game suspension for Mays.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:

Quote:

As kenney said, time to see what we have in DeVier Posey. Sink or swim under the bright lights, with 1st team guys. Lestar had some big moments, so Posey has some fancy shoes to fill...

First stat I saw this week was Sanu with a a 73 yard TD and I was just shaking my head at how bad we botched this pick (and how many here bought the Kubiak rationalizations). Turned out he threw it, but the face palm will remain each week another rookie we could have had makes an impact while Posey sits inactive and further proves to be the massive reach I labeled him as on draft day (TY Hilton is the latest with a 113 yard game and 40 yard td). Dwayne Allen has a TD as well and sure would be a nice blocking presence outside RT right about now!

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubiak said it's now Posey has been practicing well and now it's his time to see what he can do now that Jean is injured so he will be activated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me laugh that some of the Broncos fans are down playing the hit on Schaub, if that would of happen to Peyton they would be pissed if the player wasnt fined and suspended.
mse326

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good thing Donnie Jones is punting well.

Quote:
The three-game suspension of punter Brett Hartmann has been extended by eight more games per a source Now eligible for Week 11 reinstatement

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/250383196317958144

#JDI
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
It's a good thing Donnie Jones is punting well.

Quote:
The three-game suspension of punter Brett Hartmann has been extended by eight more games per a source Now eligible for Week 11 reinstatement

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/250383196317958144

wtf? did he fail another one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: