Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) vs Arizona Cardinals (3-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
Yesterday's game was terrible.

Duds:

1) Coaching

McCoy didn't even get 20 touches. What a joke. Run-Pass ratio was absurdly terrible.

To end the first half, with 16 seconds left on the goal line, instead of running 3 straight pass plays that are doomed to fail, how about run the ball once. See if you can score. If not, spike the ball and kick the field goad. Instead of 24-0, it could have been 17-0, 17-3, or 17-7. We started the fourth quarter down 24-6. It could have been 17-6, 17-9, or 17-13.

2) Mike Vick

For the reason that he just held onto the ball way too long. The 3rd down fumble on the goal line ruined any chance we had at winning this game. That play was almost all on him.

And Vick can't still read a blitz off the openside

Really hard for me to blame Vick on that though.

That was brutal!

He should have looked over their pre-snap, it was pretty obvious that guy was coming. He should have been aware of it and started to roll to the right or throw quick to the left.

how do you know mccoy didnt mess up? he could have easily been supposed to go to the other side and block.

At the very least Vick should have called the blitz out IMO.

Vick missed it, the line missed it, and McCoy totally misses it.

Not only Vick's fault but if the entire offense missed it, then I'm sure it was masked.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, Vick has shown through an extended stretch that he can play mistake-free football.

Is anyone paying for the coaches film on game rewind? I would be interested too hear if receivers are getting open when Vick stands around for 5 seconds.

I really don't think our protection was too bad yesterday, either Vick isn't pulling the trigger (not seeing open receivers or maybe afraid of making mistakes?) or our receivers aren't open. Perhaps even a combination of both.

I would be even more interested in the difference between our offense now and when Vick first took over and went like 8 weeks without a turnover.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachside_eagle wrote:
I would be even more interested in the difference between our offense now and when Vick first took over and went like 8 weeks without a turnover.

From the naked eye, I think Vick ran more during that opening stint of his as the Eagles' starting QB. Now, he's sitting in the pocket much more, causing indecisiveness and staring down receivers at times (which leads to more fumbles and INTs). The threat of his run, accompanied by a more balanced set of play calls would make our offense better.

Quote:
I really don't think our protection was too bad yesterday

I do. Vick took way too many hits from the pocket/post pass play (13 total) yesterday, and was sacked 5 times (not included in the 13 QB hits).
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick at some point during the preseason admitted that in 2010 he winged it.
It's pretty obvious to me that Vick either needs a basic offense that incorporates his feet or he needs an offense where he can lean on a true #1 target. Switch these WRs with the Falcons WRs and Vick would look incredible again.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think turnovers can be fixed though.

Our line is moving the ball consistently into the opposing redzone. We're giving the ball up, but some is these can be fixed.

For all that is being said, Vick wasn't picked off yesterday. Yes, there were fumbles, and that is unacceptable. It's still week 3, and as I said earlier, the first Philly loss in about 9 months.

Once this offense plays clean football, the results should match our talent level. Lets just hope we can do that, but Vick not throwing picks was an improvement.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

the results should match our talent level.

Which isn't very high when one factors in the best player being used as a blocker on most downs.
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Vick at some point during the preseason admitted that in 2010 he winged it.
It's pretty obvious to me that Vick either needs a basic offense that incorporates his feet or he needs an offense where he can lean on a true #1 target. Switch these WRs with the Falcons WRs and Vick would look incredible again.

I was thinking the same thing
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Huge Positives To Take From the Game wrote:
2. We outscored them 6-3 in the 2nd half. Winners show up in the 2nd half. Cards are frauds. We’re clearly legit.

Laughing
Kiltman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
5 Huge Positives To Take From the Game wrote:
2. We outscored them 6-3 in the 2nd half. Winners show up in the 2nd half. Cards are frauds. We’re clearly legit.

Laughing

Haha Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
beachside_eagle wrote:

From the naked eye, I think Vick ran more during that opening stint of his as the Eagles' starting QB. Now, he's sitting in the pocket much more, causing indecisiveness and staring down receivers at times (which leads to more fumbles and INTs). The threat of his run, accompanied by a more balanced set of play calls would make our offense better.

Quote:
I really don't think our protection was too bad yesterday

I do. Vick took way too many hits from the pocket/post pass play (13 total) yesterday, and was sacked 5 times (not included in the 13 QB hits).

Yeh, in 2010, Vick was playing more like his Atlanta days. Now he's attempting to be a pocket QB, which just isn't natural to him.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some stats to mule over from yesterday's debacle:

-Let's begin with the offensive line as a unit. Pro Football Focus had Watkins, Herremans, and Mathis all grading out positively, with the former receiving a +4.2 rating. However, Bell and Reynolds were pitiful, particularly the former who received a -4.3 rating in his first start in the Eagles uniform as Acho and the Cardinals safeties had their way with him. Let's hope King is ready to go for Sunday or else JPP is going to have a field day. Even then, he still might have a field day. Crying or Very sad

-DJack caught just 3 balls on 10 targets. Only Damaris Johnson was targeted more. Props to PP.

-Graham saw 17 snaps and recorded 1 sack, 1 QB hit, and 3 TFL. He should be rewarded with even more snaps as the season drags on. Kudos to him for appearing to have found his niche. He's had a promising past couple of weeks.

-Babin recorded 1.5 sacks and is now tied for 4th in the league with 6 QB hits. Menacing stuff.

-Boykin and Kendricks severely struggled in coverage yesterday, giving up a combined 100+ yards on 10 targets. Kolb only targeted DRC and Nnamdi a total of 4 times, so smart decision-making on his part to try and exploit some of our younger, more inexperienced players.

-Jenkins did not record a tackle and saw his snap count severely decreased in this game.

-Eagles total yards 308 vs. Cardinals total yards 292
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boykin was match up on Fitz... So dumb.

I saw a ton of blown coverages, or they decided to leave Jeff King uncovered.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff birdsfan!

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Phire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Boykin was match up on Fitz... So dumb.

I saw a ton of blown coverages, or they decided to leave Jeff King uncovered.

I don't know why people keep suggesting Nnamdi should be on Fitzgerald all day. It's jus not feasible and would lead to more problems. By having a CB shadow a guy all day is like letting an opponent in chess move your pieces around for you. It's dumb.

Imagine Fitzgerald being motioned out of his spot. That moves Nnamdi, and before our entire defense has to shift in a loud stadium they snap the ball and throw a quick pass to where Nnamdi is halfway leaving.

Such a scenario is why having a 1 on 1 shadowing game is seriously laughable.

It's only possible when your defense is built to do that, and ours isn't

If you're on the field yore expected to perform, and that's the way it should be.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mix some DRC in.

It's just not smart to leave a rookie and Safeties on Fitz.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 95 of 96

Jump to: