Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So...We got punched in the mouth..
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
onejayhawk


Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Posts: 5706
Location: Waco, Tx
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Houston's ability to just bull rush a tackle into his own QB is amazing.

Its called explosion. If you have it, you dont need anything else to rush the passer.

BTW, Allen Bailey has it too.

TambaHawk wrote:
I have no idea why everyone is so happy.. there is a reason why the Saints were 0-2. I just hope we can carry this circus onto week 4 and MAGICALLY win!


I love winning. You know, like better than losing.

"Nuke" LaLoosh - Bull Durham

The team played hard. The moved the ball. They held one of the leagues best offenses under 30 points and 300 yards. They won. Take your pick.

J
_________________


Last edited by onejayhawk on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5537
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TambaHawk wrote:
I have no idea why everyone is so happy.. there is a reason why the Saints were 0-2. I just hope we can carry this circus onto week 4 and MAGICALLY win!


Because its the way we won. Sure it wasn't the nicest way to win but we beat NWO in NWO. That itself is a great accomplishment. Also, the Saints aren't the same team on defense but they certainly are on offense (at least leading into this game) and we held Brees to roughy 50% completion and a pick. That is a HUGE step up for our defense.

Also like the name of the thread. We got punched in the jaw and we rebounded. That was a big negative against this team and the Chiefs shut us all up, at least for this week.

Now we go back home vs SD and if we win we're on top the division....

There are reasons to be excited my friend.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 11542
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Houston's ability to just bull rush a tackle into his own QB is amazing.

Its called explosion. If you have it, you dont need anything else to rush the passer.

BTW, Allen Bailey has it too.

J

Tamba is explosive too, but you dont see him do that very much.

Houston just has tons of power to combine with that explosiveness.
_________________
Adopt-A-Chief: Albert Wilson
Catches: 2
Yards: 24
TD: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 3490
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright we did it this week, now lets shift focus and do it next week against the Chargers.



Wait, wait no lets throw the first punch this game.


Crazy stat we haven't been leading for an official second this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10908
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also lead in 4th quater scoring, which usually means wins, but not so much in our case. Garbage time FTW.

Yes, this was a very impressive showing, and not only for shutting down one of the best offenses out there, but for starting slow letting them march right down the field and not just folding it up after that.

Also, Travis Daniels deserves some props for shutting down Graham for most of the day. Berry covered him some too, but Daniels was on him most of the time. Very underrated role player for us. Cant wait to get Lewis back.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TambaHawk


Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 213
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you're right.. another thing I have to say, I went on NFL.com and clicked team stats and noticed our offense is number 1 !!

If you don't believe me , check it out

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

btw,
How high do you think our offence ranks among the whole NFL? (not going by yds/g)
_________________

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6606
Location: SC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
We also lead in 4th quater scoring, which usually means wins, but not so much in our case. Garbage time FTW.

Yes, this was a very impressive showing, and not only for shutting down one of the best offenses out there, but for starting slow letting them march right down the field and not just folding it up after that.

Also, Travis Daniels deserves some props for shutting down Graham for most of the day. Berry covered him some too, but Daniels was on him most of the time. Very underrated role player for us. Cant wait to get Lewis back.


bigs, Daniels is #34, right? If so, he made a pretty pathetic attempt to tackle Darren Sproles on his long run. He took a poor angle and ended up completely turned around when Sproles redirected behind Daniels and toward the inside of the field. He really seemed to slow down and almost run parallel with Sproles without ever trying to force him out of bounds. Other than that, I didn't notice any glaring issues with Daniels.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5537
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
We also lead in 4th quater scoring, which usually means wins, but not so much in our case. Garbage time FTW.

Yes, this was a very impressive showing, and not only for shutting down one of the best offenses out there, but for starting slow letting them march right down the field and not just folding it up after that.

Also, Travis Daniels deserves some props for shutting down Graham for most of the day. Berry covered him some too, but Daniels was on him most of the time. Very underrated role player for us. Cant wait to get Lewis back.


bigs, Daniels is #34, right? If so, he made a pretty pathetic attempt to tackle Darren Sproles on his long run. He took a poor angle and ended up completely turned around when Sproles redirected behind Daniels and toward the inside of the field. He really seemed to slow down and almost run parallel with Sproles without ever trying to force him out of bounds. Other than that, I didn't notice any glaring issues with Daniels.


I disagree completely with that assessment of what he did to run down Sproles.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092305/2012/REG3/chiefs@saints#menu=highlights&tab=recap

You can find the run in there. Watch at 14 seconds where Daniels is on the field and where Sproles is. Sproles is already running at full speed, and Daniels job is to cut the angle down and force him to the outside (where he kept him until the very end which added another 10 yards?). I think criticizing Daniels on that play is literally just nitpicking a very good performance by him all game. I wouldn't have asked Daniels to do anything more than what he did.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6606
Location: SC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
We also lead in 4th quater scoring, which usually means wins, but not so much in our case. Garbage time FTW.

Yes, this was a very impressive showing, and not only for shutting down one of the best offenses out there, but for starting slow letting them march right down the field and not just folding it up after that.

Also, Travis Daniels deserves some props for shutting down Graham for most of the day. Berry covered him some too, but Daniels was on him most of the time. Very underrated role player for us. Cant wait to get Lewis back.


bigs, Daniels is #34, right? If so, he made a pretty pathetic attempt to tackle Darren Sproles on his long run. He took a poor angle and ended up completely turned around when Sproles redirected behind Daniels and toward the inside of the field. He really seemed to slow down and almost run parallel with Sproles without ever trying to force him out of bounds. Other than that, I didn't notice any glaring issues with Daniels.


I disagree completely with that assessment of what he did to run down Sproles.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092305/2012/REG3/chiefs@saints#menu=highlights&tab=recap

You can find the run in there. Watch at 14 seconds where Daniels is on the field and where Sproles is. Sproles is already running at full speed, and Daniels job is to cut the angle down and force him to the outside (where he kept him until the very end which added another 10 yards?). I think criticizing Daniels on that play is literally just nitpicking a very good performance by him all game. I wouldn't have asked Daniels to do anything more than what he did.


Mikey, settle down. You are acting like you are Daniel's girlfriend! LOL

Anyway, that was just my observation and I mentioned I didn't notice anything else about Daniels, which is good. Anyway, that was just my impression from watching the play - it just seemed like the angle he took wasn't enough to force him to either slow down or out of bounds. When Sproles realized that Daniels wasn't going to cut him off, he didn't try and outrun Daniels along the sideline but cut back behind Daniels. So yes, Sproles didn't score, but Daniels looked pretty awkward on that play.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5537
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
We also lead in 4th quater scoring, which usually means wins, but not so much in our case. Garbage time FTW.

Yes, this was a very impressive showing, and not only for shutting down one of the best offenses out there, but for starting slow letting them march right down the field and not just folding it up after that.

Also, Travis Daniels deserves some props for shutting down Graham for most of the day. Berry covered him some too, but Daniels was on him most of the time. Very underrated role player for us. Cant wait to get Lewis back.


bigs, Daniels is #34, right? If so, he made a pretty pathetic attempt to tackle Darren Sproles on his long run. He took a poor angle and ended up completely turned around when Sproles redirected behind Daniels and toward the inside of the field. He really seemed to slow down and almost run parallel with Sproles without ever trying to force him out of bounds. Other than that, I didn't notice any glaring issues with Daniels.


I disagree completely with that assessment of what he did to run down Sproles.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092305/2012/REG3/chiefs@saints#menu=highlights&tab=recap

You can find the run in there. Watch at 14 seconds where Daniels is on the field and where Sproles is. Sproles is already running at full speed, and Daniels job is to cut the angle down and force him to the outside (where he kept him until the very end which added another 10 yards?). I think criticizing Daniels on that play is literally just nitpicking a very good performance by him all game. I wouldn't have asked Daniels to do anything more than what he did.


Mikey, settle down. You are acting like you are Daniel's girlfriend! LOL

Anyway, that was just my observation and I mentioned I didn't notice anything else about Daniels, which is good. Anyway, that was just my impression from watching the play - it just seemed like the angle he took wasn't enough to force him to either slow down or out of bounds. When Sproles realized that Daniels wasn't going to cut him off, he didn't try and outrun Daniels along the sideline but cut back behind Daniels. So yes, Sproles didn't score, but Daniels looked pretty awkward on that play.


Sproles makes tons of people awkward. Ive seen much worse than that Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6606
Location: SC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
We also lead in 4th quater scoring, which usually means wins, but not so much in our case. Garbage time FTW.

Yes, this was a very impressive showing, and not only for shutting down one of the best offenses out there, but for starting slow letting them march right down the field and not just folding it up after that.

Also, Travis Daniels deserves some props for shutting down Graham for most of the day. Berry covered him some too, but Daniels was on him most of the time. Very underrated role player for us. Cant wait to get Lewis back.


bigs, Daniels is #34, right? If so, he made a pretty pathetic attempt to tackle Darren Sproles on his long run. He took a poor angle and ended up completely turned around when Sproles redirected behind Daniels and toward the inside of the field. He really seemed to slow down and almost run parallel with Sproles without ever trying to force him out of bounds. Other than that, I didn't notice any glaring issues with Daniels.


I disagree completely with that assessment of what he did to run down Sproles.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092305/2012/REG3/chiefs@saints#menu=highlights&tab=recap

You can find the run in there. Watch at 14 seconds where Daniels is on the field and where Sproles is. Sproles is already running at full speed, and Daniels job is to cut the angle down and force him to the outside (where he kept him until the very end which added another 10 yards?). I think criticizing Daniels on that play is literally just nitpicking a very good performance by him all game. I wouldn't have asked Daniels to do anything more than what he did.


Mikey, settle down. You are acting like you are Daniel's girlfriend! LOL

Anyway, that was just my observation and I mentioned I didn't notice anything else about Daniels, which is good. Anyway, that was just my impression from watching the play - it just seemed like the angle he took wasn't enough to force him to either slow down or out of bounds. When Sproles realized that Daniels wasn't going to cut him off, he didn't try and outrun Daniels along the sideline but cut back behind Daniels. So yes, Sproles didn't score, but Daniels looked pretty awkward on that play.


Sproles makes tons of people awkward. Ive seen much worse than that Wink


Tell Travis I said hello when you have your bubble bath.

Laughing

Wink
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rumless


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 1517
Location: Chiefs Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Houston's ability to just bull rush a tackle into his own QB is amazing.

And hilarious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5537
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tell Travis I said hello when you have your bubble bath.

Laughing

Wink


Hm. Okay.

I'll remember this.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
onejayhawk


Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Posts: 5706
Location: Waco, Tx
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Houston's ability to just bull rush a tackle into his own QB is amazing.

Its called explosion. If you have it, you dont need anything else to rush the passer.

BTW, Allen Bailey has it too.

J

Tamba is explosive too, but you dont see him do that very much.

Houston just has tons of power to combine with that explosiveness.

Tamba is not explosive. Neither is he sudden. He is highly skilled with angles and relentless. Houston will beat his man with the first move. Hali will do it on the 10th or 15th.

J
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4676
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TambaHawk wrote:
I guess you're right.. another thing I have to say, I went on NFL.com and clicked team stats and noticed our offense is number 1 !!

If you don't believe me , check it out

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

btw,
How high do you think our offence ranks among the whole NFL? (not going by yds/g)


Honestly, with the disparity between the skill players and QB it's impossible to know for sure. I will say that if i'm Rodgers, Brady, etc...and I get my choice of offense to play for, i'm choosing KC. I think the WR core is up there with almost anyone, but Charles just takes the take. You put Charles with an elite QB and you've got the #1 offense.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group