Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Vs Steelers- GAMEDAY TODAY LETS WIN THIS ISH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Much We Win By?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Who Cares, JUST WIN
82%
 82%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 23

big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Congrats guys. Id say they & Palmer played some discipline football in the second half. It was too poetic for Seabass to not make that kick. I'm sure Al is smiling.

Knowledgable Steelers fans knew that this would not be as easy as it was perceived by many.

After seeing who lit his memorial torch, I doubt it. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
1-2

"guys were going to lose this game"

"a blow out"

"the boos will surface"

far from the reality of it.

Laughing

lets see what the fellas have to say today Wink

I'll bite.

The Steelers beat themselves. Penalties and turnovers kept the Raiders in the game and eventually gave it away.

Roethlisberger throws 384 and 4TDs and they lose? That will rarely, ever happen in the NFL.

It was great to get a win and props to the coaching staff for keeping them fighting and making some half time adjustments. But the defense can't play that way and expect to be competitive every week.

Manning is up next. The Raiders need to make some big time adjustments this week. Need to figure out a way to generate pass rush and cover underneath. Force Manning to throw deep where he's struggling. If they are going to give his WR 12 yard cushions all game, trouble is brewing.

oh please

we were without 2 starting corners playing with dbs that wouldnt make some teams practice squad.

we won cuz we played as well as they did and guess what?

better. score shows it, proof in the pudding

1-2 fans

And they played w/out their 2 star defensive players Troy and Harrison. Just saying.

They beat themselves with penalties and turnovers. The offense took their defense to task. But lets not pretend like Roethlisberger didn't just ease his way through the Raiders defense. It won't get any easier for a QB.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win guys. Much love from Vikings Nation. My dads a Raiders fan so we were rooting hard for you. Can't think of a much better team to get the first win on, My dad still hates the Steelers. It felt like in the first half they should have ran the ball more and the defense struggled for a good chunk of the game. But a win is a win. Beat Denver next week and good luck the rest of the way.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
Congrats guys. Id say they & Palmer played some discipline football in the second half. It was too poetic for Seabass to not make that kick. I'm sure Al is smiling.

Knowledgable Steelers fans knew that this would not be as easy as it was perceived by many.

I lol'd Laughing
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Yeah I was legit a little pissed off when I saw that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
1-2

"a blow out"

"the boos will surface"

Laughing

I'll bite.

The Steelers beat themselves. Penalties and turnovers kept the Raiders in the game and eventually gave it away.

Roethlisberger throws 384 and 4TDs and they lose? That will rarely, ever happen in the NFL.

It was great to get a win and props to the coaching staff for keeping them fighting and making some half time adjustments. But the defense can't play that way and expect to be competitive every week.

Manning is up next. The Raiders need to make some big time adjustments this week. Need to figure out a way to generate pass rush and cover underneath. Force Manning to throw deep where he's struggling. If they are going to give his WR 12 yard cushions all game, trouble is brewing.

oh please

we were without 2 starting corners playing with dbs that wouldnt make some teams practice squad.

1-2 fans

Yes and no.

I was talking to a friend of mine during the game who is a die-hard Steelers fan, and he was saying the same thing as Palooka all game long. On one hand, they killed us in the passing game, on the other hand, our offense stepped up big time in the second half. But you can't ignore all the penalties they had and those turnovers were key. They had scored TDs on 3 of the first 5 drives before the first fumble, they were in a rhythm and we took the ball away. The Steelers are 18-6 when Ben throws for 3+ TDs, plus the fact that it was such a close game means the odds of us winning would have been severely low had they not made those mistakes.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/402124?wsref=tw&code=LKu4eQk

Quote:
Darrius Heyward-Bey was released this morning from Eden Medical Center after spending the night under observation. He is resting at home with a concussion and neck strain, and expected to make a full recovery.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/402124?wsref=tw&code=LKu4eQk

Quote:
Darrius Heyward-Bey was released this morning from Eden Medical Center after spending the night under observation. He is resting at home with a concussion and neck strain, and expected to make a full recovery.

tuff guy

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Can someone give me a link to that hit Giordano put on that one receiver. He absolutely destroyed him on a deep pass down the middle of the field! I wanna show it to my friend haha

I remember face-palming over the fact Gioradno seemed to be celebrating it. What a clown.

+1. Reminded me of Mike Mitchell. Whatta boob.

Fixed.

Giordano is actually a big hitter since his days at Cal. Laying somebody out cleanly is a great feeling despite how much you guys wanna clown somebody. Especially since he hasn't done it in a while. The fans loved it too.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Yeah I was legit a little pissed off when I saw that.

Not me. Marcus is a big reason why I became a Raider fan as a kid. My childhood ended when he wore that ketchup and mustard unitard in nobody cares Kansas City.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
Can someone give me a link to that hit Giordano put on that one receiver. He absolutely destroyed him on a deep pass down the middle of the field! I wanna show it to my friend haha

I remember face-palming over the fact Gioradno seemed to be celebrating it. What a clown.

+1. Reminded me of Mike Mitchell. Whatta boob.

Fixed.

Giordano is actually a big hitter since his days at Cal. Laying somebody out cleanly is a great feeling despite how much you guys wanna clown somebody. Especially since he hasn't done it in a while. The fans loved it too.

I can't imagine how giving up a huge passing play is ever a good feeling no matter what you eventually do to stop them embarrassing you even more .
oak42069

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
1-2

"a blow out"

"the boos will surface"

Laughing

I'll bite.

oh please

1-2 fans

Yes and no.

I was talking to a friend of mine during the game who is a die-hard Steelers fan, and he was saying the same thing as Palooka all game long. On one hand, they killed us in the passing game, on the other hand, our offense stepped up big time in the second half. But you can't ignore all the penalties they had and those turnovers were key. They had scored TDs on 3 of the first 5 drives before the first fumble, they were in a rhythm and we took the ball away. The Steelers are 18-6 when Ben throws for 3+ TDs, plus the fact that it was such a close game means the odds of us winning would have been severely low had they not made those mistakes.

we kept em out of the end zone the entire 4th Q, minimized penalties, and secured the ball.. the difference

i agree that pittsburgh shouldve kept goin but we shut em down and forced the turnovers. they didnt hand us shish.

what they did is hand us the ball in the endzone for a touch back Laughing ..instead got 7 lucky break for big ben and the curtain..u kidding me

enjoy the win fellas
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looked like gio was celebrating because he thought he made the wr drop the ball, he looked pist when he saw the wr with the ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
early43

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy that it was Antonio Brown who fumbled the ball that led led to us tying the game.

For someone who goes out of his way to celebrate EVERY SINGLE CATCH, maybe this will remind him to save the celebratory stuff till after the game, but probably not.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
1-2

"a blow out"

"the boos will surface"

Laughing

I'll bite.

oh please

1-2 fans

Yes and no.

we kept em out of the end zone the entire 4th Q, minimized penalties, and secured the ball.. the difference

i agree that pittsburgh shouldve kept goin but we shut em down and forced the turnovers. they didnt hand us shish.

what they did is hand us the ball in the endzone for a touch back Laughing ..instead got 7 lucky break for big ben and the curtain..u kidding me

enjoy the win fellas

Thats true, we did great overall in the 4th, but early on the Steelers had costly penalties and a fumble. They should have been up even more going into half time. Our entire team looked pretty bad in the first half, aside from McFadden's big run. Those mistakes in the 1st half kept us in the game. In the second half, it was all our team stepping it up, which is why I said you and Palooka were both right.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 62 of 63

Jump to: