Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis Knee Injury: Torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankee0724

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
It's 1 player, our defense will be fine. I love Revis, but he's not our entire defense. We'll be okay, we'll need guys to step up.

...did you miss the Steelers game?

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is hitting the panic button. He is a good player but are season is not over. We are in first place with a a 2-1 record and both wins come in the AFC east. It is time for Kyle Wilson to step up and be a starter. The guy was a first round pick years back and needs to play like one. This is when a team can pull together and do something really special or tank out. I think they are to well coached and should still make the playoffs. Look for the jets to add a veteran CB for help too. Jets finish the season 10-6 and make the playoffs.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
Everyone is hitting the panic button. He is a good player but are season is not over. We are in first place with a a 2-1 record and both wins come in the AFC east. It is time for Kyle Wilson to step up and be a starter. The guy was a first round pick years back and needs to play like one. This is when a team can pull together and do something really special or tank out. I think they are to well coached and should still make the playoffs. Look for the jets to add a veteran CB for help too. Jets finish the season 10-6 and make the playoffs.

Revis isn't a good player he's a special player. This is a huge loss. I'll stay on the playoff train for now but in a few weeks it looks like my stop could be getting close and I'll be jumping off.

Well alot of people said Wilson was better suited for outside CB instead of slot so we'll see what we got in Wilson.

At the very least it happened at the beginning of the year so here's to Revis at 100% come 2013.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were a borderline playoff team before Revis went down, I want to hear a legitimate argument as to why this team won't be drastically worse without Revis.

It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis4president wrote:
Revis didnt tear his ACL theres no possible way. If anything he partially tore it and thats the worse case scenario.

Little inside info, not one person inside the jets believes he tore his acl.. i dont know who exactly is saying it. But everyone stop worrying please.

my guess is right now is torn cartilidge in his left knee. which will require surgery possibly ending his season. But sometimes athletes can play with it.

Il keep in touch

Lol on this post.
1. "No possible way its a tore acl"... insert foot in mouth
2. "Inside info"... I think half the world thought it was a serious injury watching it. Maybe your inside source is just really u making ridiculous statemates. Who is this "not one person in the jets organization"? Lol, I love when people on this forum talk about their inside sources.

I don't think the season is completely lost yet... the only way I see us getting around this is if our front 7 get pressure on the qb. After 3 weeks... I wouldn't hold my breath, but here's to miracles!
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
We were a borderline playoff team before Revis went down, I want to hear a legitimate argument as to why this team won't be drastically worse without Revis.

Anyone who doesn't is kidding themselves.

Although in 2009 when Jenkins was considered our best defensive player and went down most thought the season was over. Revis is obviously much better than Jenkins and the defense is more predicated around him, but there's a chance guys may step up in a position like this.

I just don't think this team has the leadership from HC all the way down to the players to overcome this loss.
GangGreen718

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG bros. Kyle Wilson is garbage.
Worst news of all time.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing for certain, this will really test Rex, and probably have a lot to do with his future in NY.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

Oh dear god. The pass rush needs to step up.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't believe Rex Ryan is a suitable long term HC. I really really hope he isn't given a free pass for this year because of this injury.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
I personally don't believe Rex Ryan is a suitable long term HC. I really really hope he isn't given a free pass for this year because of this injury.

Rex will be fine. Tanny is going to be a goner I think, barring something miraculous.

Really stinks, because I actually like Tanny a lot due to his way to make deals and work contracts, but we need someone like Jerry Reese of the Giants. We need someone who values draft picks and can build a team through the draft. Honestly, depending on how rest of the season goes, I wouldn't mind if the whole FO was shaken up. Rex may have to make some decisions coaching staff wise as well. But it's unacceptable to me that on offense the only skill position players worth anything on this team are Holmes and Keller. This is Mark's 4th year, but we keep drafting defense heavy each year and the offensive guys we take are either overrated (Greene) or raw (Ducasse, Hill).

Sorry for venting, but as you can tell I'm not pleased at all knowing that now we won't even have the one constant on our team for the rest of the season. Things need to change after this season, we can't keep neglecting the team like this.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
bbuster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:

I'm still holding the panic button down...the reality of a Jets defense without Revis will soon be upon us and it isn't going to be pretty. They might not completely suck but the Jets defense will only be an average unit at best and this offense is will likely be no better. The tough games the Jets will need to win some of in order to secure a spot in the playoffs are basically guaranteed losses at this point. The Jets pass rush is still lackluster, they are tackling poorly, and now that there secondary isn't elite they will never be able to handle any of the high powered offenses on the schedule or in the playoffs if they somehow made it out of the regular season. Without a miracle the best they can hope to be is 9-7 and if I put my bias and desperation aside I would say this team goes 7-9.

J-E-T-S JETS-JETS-JETS Sad
jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbuster wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

I'm still holding the panic button down...the reality of a Jets defense without Revis will soon be upon us and it isn't going to be pretty. They might not completely suck but the Jets defense will only be an average unit at best and this offense is will likely be no better. The tough games the Jets will need to win some of in order to secure a spot in the playoffs are basically guaranteed losses at this point. The Jets pass rush is still lackluster, they are tackling poorly, and now that there secondary isn't elite they will never be able to handle any of the high powered offenses on the schedule or in the playoffs if they somehow made it out of the regular season. Without a miracle the best they can hope to be is 9-7 and if I put my bias and desperation aside I would say this team goes 7-9.

J-E-T-S JETS-JETS-JETS Sad

Glad to see one fan not throw in the towel. This could be a great think for Revis contract. He has no choice but to play out that final year because no way is there a team that is willing to sign him to a big contract. I still think the biggest problem is the linebackers. They are way to slow and getting up there in age. Harris, Pace, Thomas are not the answers at the linebacker level. I know people love Harris but he lost weight and is still just as slow. I think Cro will take this chance and show people that he is still a great CB and will do very well this year.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense won't be terrible, but it will just be ordinary now, and with our how offense is I think we will be lucky to have a .500 record this season. I'm really hoping they can step up and prove me wrong though.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
GangGreen718

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had no pass russ with Revis. It going to be hilariously bad without him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: