Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: VIKINGS (1-1) vs. 49ers (2-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon Smith had 1 sack (W1), 1.5 sacks (W2) and 0 sacks against the Vikes/Matt Kalil.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:

Finally, I'm so glad I went to that game, had seats in the upper deck, but could see everything happen well. And got good food while railgating before hand, which was a fun time.

What section were you in? I was in the upper deck as well lol.

218, just to the left of the big screen when you look at it on the curve. I actually liked being up there better than lower deck for a preseason game, was easier to see what was going on.

Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone notice once or twice in the game we took a few shots downfield? That double move to Jenkins? There was literally nothing there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Did anyone notice once or twice in the game we took a few shots downfield? That double move to Jenkins? There was literally nothing there.

Hopefully Simpson can change things a bit for this team. Jenkins just isnt graceful out there, he fell a couple of times from what i remember. wouldnt be shocked to see him cut a this point to make room for Simpson. should find out soon i would imagine.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jenkins/Devin will be safe.
Leslie brought up Jenkins leadership abilities in team meetings to talk to the young players.

Its hard for me to argue against Burton right now, unless they need to IR Raymond.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
6. Chad Greenway's play this season has been as solid as his past 4 years. But, by making that stick on Smith, he's going to get more notice. Good for him!

I don't remember if I brought this up already or not, but this was a perfect opponent for our linebackers. Both Greenway and Brinkley are at their best when they can play a run-first team. But yes, that sack was great to see! Not only that he got the sack, but the force he got it with.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
-2nd reason was Ponder. He did get away with a couple possible ints, but every QB does. What he did that impressed me was his throws underpressure, and him noticing when pressure was coming to either a)throw away b) dump off c) run for whatever you can get and get down.

That's one of the things that has bugged me about the past criticisms of Ponder. Really, unless you complete every pass, or throw all your incomplete passes away out of bounds, there are passes that are going to be possible INTs.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings: 41 rushes, 35 passes
49ers: 20 rushes, 35 passes
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Vikings: 41 rushes, 35 passes
49ers: 20 rushes, 35 passes

Not surprising since MN was able to get up on the 49ers early and generally maintained a multi score lead for most of the game. I think that is how you beat the 49ers. Get points on them early and force them to throw the ball. Alex Smith simply is not comfortable in that role.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sitting in the Metrodome press box offers a live version of the "All 22" coaches' video that the NFL has now made available. And I can tell you that Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder didn't often have an obviously open receiver when he completed his drop back. A good portion of his drifting toward the sideline or away from the line of scrimmage was an artful attempt to buy time. It worked frequently. One play in particular that stood out: a 14-yard completion to tailback Toby Gerhart on third-and-10 late in the second quarter. The play set up place-kicker Blair Walsh for a 52-yard field goal just before halftime. "That's a hard throw when you're just standing there," linebacker Chad Greenway said. "But he's on the move, and he's rolling with Toby and puts it in the right spot."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/46743/free-head-exam-minnesota-vikings-34
Poster4613

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Guys, I just want to say fantastic game. Even with horribly bias reffing, your team showed they were clearly the better squad today. We are supposed to have the top defense, but you never would have known it watching your offense go to work. You guys even forced Alex to throw his first pick in like 216 attempts. The one thing was what was the deal with Toby? He had like 3 near fumbles within like 3 minutes. It was like he was trolling us.

Great work and good luck next week!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poster4613 wrote:
Hi. Guys, I just want to say fantastic game. Even with horribly bias reffing, your team showed they were clearly the better squad today. We are supposed to have the top defense, but you never would have known it watching your offense go to work. You guys even forced Alex to throw his first pick in like 216 attempts. The one thing was what was the deal with Toby? He had like 3 near fumbles within like 3 minutes. It was like he was trolling us.

Great work and good luck next week!

Gerhart must have had a gentleman's agreement with his former college coach in the event they ever squared off. I was irritated that Peterson wasnt in there to close the game after the first "fumble" that should never have been a fumble.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Quote:
Sitting in the Metrodome press box offers a live version of the "All 22" coaches' video that the NFL has now made available. And I can tell you that Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder didn't often have an obviously open receiver when he completed his drop back. A good portion of his drifting toward the sideline or away from the line of scrimmage was an artful attempt to buy time. It worked frequently. One play in particular that stood out: a 14-yard completion to tailback Toby Gerhart on third-and-10 late in the second quarter. The play set up place-kicker Blair Walsh for a 52-yard field goal just before halftime. "That's a hard throw when you're just standing there," linebacker Chad Greenway said. "But he's on the move, and he's rolling with Toby and puts it in the right spot."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/46743/free-head-exam-minnesota-vikings-34

That was a great play. So glad Toby was able to hang on to it, too.

Peppers90 on the sig.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That such a good and bad thing that the receivers arent getting open.

It means
1. Ponder seems to be making what he can out of what he has and I think thats a quality of alot of great QBs.

but

2. We have terrible receivers lol.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to point out how well the OL played against the best front-7 in the league.

Is anyone doubting the Kalil pick now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 57 of 59

Jump to: