Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3: Patriots (1-1) at Ravens (1-1) [SNF]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
Ravens
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Patriots
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Sportsmanship Triumphs
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I can't imagine Ras-I Dowling is worse than the guys we had on the field today. Confused

Lloyd was a bright spot, and Welker too, but thats to be expected. Apart from that, the team was pretty much awful all around. Hard to expect a win when you play that badly. Oh, and Edelman looks improved. I suppose that's a bright spot as well.

The lowlights were.... Brady on the last possession, the right side of the offensive line, everyone in the secondary, Spikes and Hightower, Brace and Ninkovich (who got benched for Trevor Scott), Danny Woodhead, Hoofoonoofuni... did I miss anyone?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
FakingInjuries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats could've blown them out.

Refs saved the Ravens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TE Rob Gronkowski 82 of 82
WR Wes Welker 71 of 82
WR Brandon Lloyd 65 of 82
RB Danny Woodhead 51 of 82
WR Deion Branch 43 of 82
WR Julian Edelman 38 of 82
RB Stevan Ridley 26 of 82
TE Michael Hoomanawanui 18 of 82
RB Brandon Bolden 5 of 82
TE Daniel Fells 5 of 82
TE Kellen Winslow 4 of 82

Josh must really love WRs and short hobbits.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you guys should be Bills fans. Laughing I wish I had it as hard as you guys.

#JDI
finn54

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

You're not supposed to abuse the [inappropriate/removed] censor. Far too many people were throwing around swear/cuss words last night (and I know you were, because I can see them). I know everyone's emotional etc, and it doesn't come up as the actual word, but it's still poor form. I'm fine if it happens once or twice, but I counted some people swearing 4/5 times in the space of a few pages. Posts like:

"[inappropriate/removed] this [inappropriate/removed]"

"Same old [inappropriate/removed]"

Don't add anything to the discussion and look silly/childish. It really doesn't take a lot to type something else.

[/mod]

Boo the refs Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
its amazing how excited the ravens fans are in their thread....you'd think they just won the superbowl or something.
To hell with them. If this game had been officiated cleanly they'd have been exposed as a 9-7/8-8 team. Not buying them as a contender at all.

Honestly me either. Its quite annoying when the refs are controlling the game so much that its affecting us on offense and defense. Its extremely saddening and detrimental to the NFL.

Like even the PI call on McCourty on the third down was extremely iffy. I mean he jacked up Jones but damn he played the ball and got there a split second early. That time of call is extremely iffy to me.

The Edelman call, the call on the Ravens sideline and Harbaugh and just all the calls both team faced last night is a major issue.

When you boil it down further was there some issues on defense? Hell yes. Was there issues with on offense? Eh sorta but the offense greatly improved over last week and I have tons of optimism for this squad moving forward.

Call me crazy but this team can go extremely far in the playoffs. No one is really standing out right now and if we stay healthy our team will be in the hunt.

Keep your heads up and remember its a long season boys. The defense is light years better than last year and the offense is going through growing pains with McDaniels. It will come together.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Some of you guys should be Bills fans. Laughing I wish I had it as hard as you guys.

Shhh. Don't let reason get in the way of some good complaining Laughing

We've all seen the last few years that what really matters is how hot you are in December and January. Hopefully this young team can keep the noise out and get to where they have to be then.

Richter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Some of you guys should be Bills fans. :lol: I wish I had it as hard as you guys.

Shhh. Don't let reason get in the way of some good complaining :lol:

We've all seen the last few years that what really matters is how hot you are in December and January. Hopefully this young team can keep the noise out and get to where they have to be then.

Oh please. We have something to complain about because our team plays in games that matter. The Bills haven't played in one of those for two decades.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My key to this loss was definitely the fact that we could pressure the QB. Specifically the Oher vs Jones match up. Oher generally got the better of him and it think that was the difference in the game. Flacco was under no pressure. Game on the line, perfect pass protection. Props to the Ravens O-Line for that.

We need to design some pressure for when Jones/Wlifork can't generate it with their individual assignments. We had very few if any designed blitz's, no stunts, our fronts looked extremely vanilla.

All in all, we lost a game by 2, and a game by 1. Neither division games, and one non-conference. Couldn't be less worried about the long term future of this team (this season).

Not that losing is ever good, but I have a feeling this group could grow out of these early struggles vs quality opponents.

CP

Deadpulse on the sig!

Last edited by Canadian_Patriot on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oher got away with quite a bit of holding, as did Osemele.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

Like when he tackled Ninkovich into the ground right in front of the referee just before Flacco got off that 30 yard dump and run to Rice to set up their last TD... I was screaming at the TV

I can't even talk about the officiating.

Deadpulse on the sig
redsoxsrule1437

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one even scares me in the AFC. Even with all that garbage that happened last night, we were in position to win. I mean we were about to go up 20-0 if not for that awful call on Edelman.

It's wide open. I have no doubts this team will go deep in the play offs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
My key to this loss was definitely the fact that we could pressure the QB. Specifically the Oher vs Jones match up. Oher generally got the better of him and it think that was the difference in the game.

I don't know man, Oher was holding him all night, I thought it at the time and re-watching the game now it's even more blatant. I thought the key to the loss was our linebacking crew looking clueless against the run. Flacco's get out ball was a dump off to Rice over the middle all night, amazed he got away with it so often.
samgurl775

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Like when he tackled Ninkovich into the ground right in front of the referee just before Flacco got off that 30 yard dump and run to Rice to set up their last TD... I was screaming at the TV

I can't even talk about the officiating.
So was I. I was literally screaming "THAT'S A HOLD!" I hope we meet up with the Ravens again, I have no doubt we're the better team.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:

Oh please. We have something to complain about because our team plays in games that matter. The Bills haven't played in one of those for two decades.

I never said we didn't get jobbed. We did. But its not the end of the world and I'm not gonna treat it as such.

We can beat the Ravens, and we can beat them in their own house. That showed last night - the linebackers filled the wrong holes all afternoon, the zebras called the game like they were compensated based on number of Ravens first downs.... and we still were a stop or play or BS call away from winning. And the scabs problem will resolve itself as long as they're gone come the playoffs. Considering how terribad the rest of the division is we can get there in spite of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 57 of 59

Jump to: