Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Tannehilling > Tebowing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks.

We should have lost it honestly.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
I just wanted to stop by and say thanks.

We should have lost it honestly.

You are welcome. The only good thing about this game is that Revis might be out for a few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 1 player not our entire defense. Not worried. With or without Revis it's not like we're going to beat the 49ers or Texans.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammer wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
Carpenter lost us this game.

Really ? What about the pick six from Tanny Boy?

Tannehill was on and off for me, there were throws I thought were moronic in nature but he also drove us back down the field in 3 minutes using no timeouts to get the tie and drove us back down the field in OT in one possession to put us in position to win. He made a mistake with the pick 6 by being baited by Landry but he also did things to help us win the game. It's up to Carpenter to finish and he didn't do his job. That said, I wouldn't cut Carpenter. Sometimes a kicker has a bad day and that's fine because every other guy also has a bad day as well. Last year Carpenter missed 4 FG's in one game and Brady threw 4 interceptions in one game also. That doesn't mean it's the norm and they should each be judged by their norm. Carpenter, any other day would have made those kicks but in this game, he did lose it for us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only issue with Tanney is the babying going on. It reminds me of Chad Henne. It is very tough to watch. This offense is no better than the one coached under Sparano. They are boring as heck to watch. I do not care if Tanney is a rookie. Luck and RG3's offenses are fun to watch. You cannot become the team you want to be by not implementing the strategy. What happened to the up tempo offense? What happened to the throwing the ball around. We know the team is bad, let the record reflect it. Where are the screen passes, the draw plays? That is what I want. I do not want to see power football although that is what the current talent is designed for. This team should be building on what they hope to be not settling for the status quo.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
My only issue with Tanney is the babying going on. It reminds me of Chad Henne. It is very tough to watch. This offense is no better than the one coached under Sparano. They are boring as heck to watch. I do not care if Tanney is a rookie. Luck and RG3's offenses are fun to watch. You cannot become the team you want to be by not implementing the strategy. What happened to the up tempo offense? What happened to the throwing the ball around. We know the team is bad, let the record reflect it. Where are the screen passes, the draw plays? That is what I want. I do not want to see power football although that is what the current talent is designed for. This team should be building on what they hope to be not settling for the status quo.

I completely agree...

We have a high draft pick QB....let the boy sling it around....he's going to make mistakes and bad throws, but he will also have success and can learn from all of it. I doubt he has such a fragile psyche that he can't handle some failure...let him fail....let him learn. Put the team on his back, let him be the one to win the games for the Phins...if they don't let him learn how to win games now he be slow to when they actually have some talent around him and it begins to really matter...
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I completely agree...

We have a high draft pick QB....let the boy sling it around....he's going to make mistakes and bad throws, but he will also have success and can learn from all of it. I doubt he has such a fragile psyche that he can't handle some failure...let him fail....let him learn. Put the team on his back, let him be the one to win the games for the Phins...if they don't let him learn how to win games now he be slow to when they actually have some talent around him and it begins to really matter...

He did sling it around though. Tannehill went for the kill on pretty much every play after reaching field goal range at the end of regulation and in overtime.

FF Member #67
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I completely agree...

He threw 36 passes.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I completely agree...

He threw 36 passes.

In almost 5 quarters....and for less then 200 yards...
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis is done for the year. The Jets may have won one battle but they just lost the war right there. Good Night 2012 New York Jets.

FF Member #67
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I completely agree...

He threw 36 passes.

Exactly. Some of that is the lack of a game changing tight end or Armstrong dropping that slant, which could have been a 40 yarder. BTW, did we cut Nanne yet? My gosh he is a waste of cap space.
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I completely agree...

He threw 36 passes.

Exactly. Some of that is the lack of a game changing tight end or Armstrong dropping that slant, which could have been a 40 yarder. BTW, did we cut Nanne yet? My gosh he is a waste of cap space.

The coaches are trying to win the game. They aren't give more than a year at the helm. They're not out there trying to test out every little thing they fancy.

They put together a plan that clearly held Tannehill under check a little bit this week but it held up to almost every possible mistake we could've made and we damn near won the game.

I think the coaches did exactly what they shoud've done in this game which is try and get the team a win first and get the players experience second. I'm scared of what would've happened if Tannehill would've 'just slung it around.'

It might've been 30-3 Jets or something like that. You do that and you get fired. You don't develop a team, you just get yourself fired.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I completely agree...

He threw 36 passes.

It might be more accurate to count the possessions. In that 5th quarter he only had one. Any how you slice it, 36 passes to this group of receivers is pushing it.

And I don't see why you have to mask your desire to be entertained with football logic. Yeah, we all want to see Miami play like the Packers, but we have to be patient. 3 games in and we are asking for more passes from a rookie QB with an oline in a newly implemented blocking scheme and a bottom tier group of receivers ?

Why bring up Andrew Luck and RG3 as if Miami has it's own version of Pierre Garcon and Reggie Wayne?

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

I haven't looked up how much he is getting, I presume it isn't much. He has made some plays in special teams but thats about it.

dolphinologist wrote:

It might be more accurate to count the possessions. In that 5th quarter he only had one. Any how you slice it, 36 passes to this group of receivers is pushing it.

And I don't see why you have to mask your desire to be entertained with football logic. Yeah, we all want to see Miami play like the Packers, but we have to be patient. 3 games in and we are asking for more passes from a rookie QB with an oline in a newly implemented blocking scheme and a bottom tier group of receivers ?

Why bring up Andrew Luck and RG3 as if Miami has it's own version of Pierre Garcon and Reggie Wayne?

This and I can't help but think all these comments are massively different if a kick goes three yards to the right.

^ Jamison on the sig.
Tetsuya_Ryuji

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

The tempo offense wasn't there when Tanny was in during the pre-season either. Seemed like he wasn't able to handle it so every time he stepped into a game the offense slowed down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: