Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UT Volunteers 2.0 Brick by Brick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
adam9 wrote:
Guys really. This Akron team is nowhere near as talented as we are, but teams get scared/upset a lot. We will finish this off with a 2+ score lead, but this loss would be on our defense where we are thin. This years recruiting class has 4+ LBs already. If you want to argue his job, this isn't the game to do it unless we lose. Wait for SEC play for that.

No. Derek Dooley teams get scared a lot. Because Dooley just doesn't have it. Today I watched my Miami Hurricanes take every punch that GaTech threw at them, go down by 17, and fight and claw their way back to win. It was an amazing display of resilience, and all I could think was, "if Tennessee was down by 17, they'd roll over and die like they always do."

We need somebody else to take this team to the next level.

I strongly disagree. I thought Miami should have been in that game anyways.. Also our defense is just that thin. Our offense is perfectly fine with the exception of the red zone and getting TDs. Like I said we will win this game comfortably at 2+ scores. I think with this coaching staff and no juniors declaring we will be the favorites (with UGA) in the SEC East next season. Our key for the future is recruiting and changing coaches will not help us get those recruits. Dools and co have done a marvelous job with this incoming class. In the next month or two I expect a 4* OG/DL to commit in Koehler and I hope we get one of the 2 major 5* guys we are going after. I know it's all about now in this sport, but I'd much rather fully rebuild than have to start over again (although there is a chance we could skip the rebuild phase). I wouldn't be too upset with firing Dools only if we get an elite coach, which there aren't any on the market unless I'm missing something...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wasn't a pretty win, but it does show we can fight in tough battles late in games. Whether we have the skill on defense to do it against SEC teams is yet to be seen.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
This wasn't a pretty win, but it does show we can fight in tough battles late in games. Whether we have the skill on defense to do it against SEC teams is yet to be seen.

Yes, we can fight and win tough battles against Akron or Vandy. Not real teams.
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

That's what I said at the end of the sentence you quoted. It's nice to see fight, but it needs to happen in SEC play against teams like Mississippi State, Missouri, Florida, Georgia, maybe even Bama.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

That's what I said at the end of the sentence you quoted. It's nice to see fight, but it needs to happen in SEC play against teams like Mississippi State, Missouri, Florida, Georgia, maybe even Bama.

We've seen how we react to SEC teams though. We lie down and let them put the Cleveland Steamer on us.

Dooley did his job. He got us out of the talent hole we were in and has brought energy back to the program. But that's all he is. He's a program builder as far as I'm concerned. Not a guy that will take you to the promised land.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

We've seen how we react to SEC teams though. We lie down and let them put the Cleveland Steamer on us.

Dooley did his job. He got us out of the talent hole we were in and has brought energy back to the program. But that's all he is. He's a program builder as far as I'm concerned. Not a guy that will take you to the promised land.

Even so, what do you think he is doing wrong? Play calling? That's not him. Leadership? He's proven to me he is a good leader and most of his players live him. Coaching in general? That's debatable, but with our defense OT makes some of these tough games hard to win.

On a side note for those not keeping up with recruiting, we have made a bunch of good impressions on some big time recruits for this class and next year's class. Let's hope some of these guys see that Roxky Top is the place to be.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YO!!

WTF is going on at your off campus parties????

Quote:
Knoxville police said the four people who took Broughton to the emergency room were not cooperative. One 22-year-old student, John Patrick Carney, eventually told police "Broughton's condition was caused by 'butt-chugging,'" according to police records.

Carney "described 'butt-chugging' as inserting a tube into the anus and then funneling an alcoholic beverage rectally," the report states. Police learned the wine enema had been administered at the Pi Kappa Alpha house

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/sep/26/alleged-alcohol-abuse-at-ut-fraternity-chapter/

Article has even more crazy stuff like kids pouring alcohol into their eyes and stuff. I'm sure this absurdly goes on elsewhere but WTF. Whatever happened to just pounding a 12 pack or doing some shots?

You Already Know ... This Is What I Do
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
YO!!

Quote:
Knoxville police said the four people who took Broughton to the emergency room were not cooperative. One 22-year-old student, John Patrick Carney, eventually told police "Broughton's condition was caused by 'butt-chugging,'" according to police records.

Carney "described 'butt-chugging' as inserting a tube into the anus and then funneling an alcoholic beverage rectally," the report states. Police learned the wine enema had been administered at the Pi Kappa Alpha house

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/sep/26/alleged-alcohol-abuse-at-ut-fraternity-chapter/

Article has even more crazy stuff like kids pouring alcohol into their eyes and stuff. I'm sure this absurdly goes on elsewhere but WTF. Whatever happened to just pounding a 12 pack or doing some shots?
My brother is in a different frat at UT and he said whenever one of the pikes walks in a class he and his buddies start chanting "butt chugga" just like this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLIE5g9qKWc&fb_source=message

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
msuspartans#1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
YO!!

Quote:

Apparently that's what the frats are doing. How do you tell which guys in your class are in pike? He's standing up because it hurts too much to sit down. Teachers are making jokes too. Too bad this happened the week before the today show is coming to campus.
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might be landing a commit from JUCO DB Khambrel Garland soon.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
We might be landing a commit from JUCO DB Khambrel Garland soon.

As well as OG Reeve Koehler
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't check the stats, but any news on how many 70 yard touchdowns we gave up to the bye week?
msuspartans#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Didn't check the stats, but any news on how many 70 yard touchdowns we gave up to the bye week?

Not many but we missed an extra point
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what a disgusting WR corp we could of had if everyone had stayed from last year.

---------------------------------Bray----------------------------------------

Hunter----Arnett----Z. Rogers------------Patterson-----------D. Rogers
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chauntez Jackson commits.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 20 of 87

Jump to: