Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Lions (1-1) vs. Titans (0-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Lions
73%
 73%  [ 36 ]
Titans
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Tie
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 49

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
see you guys next Sunday, feel free to come in to the Viking forum and give us your views, we love guests.

With all due respect I'm not in much of a mood to do any cyber visiting. As much as I like the purple lounge I think I'm going to simply sit in the corner and cry like a school girl. Every time in the past 48 years I think the Lions have assembled a good team I get kicked in the stomach. Crying or Very sad

tell me about your pain after you've lost four Super Bowls, dude. and then lost two more chances to get back to them because of a botched play or two.

Very Happy Crying or Very sad

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
see you guys next Sunday, feel free to come in to the Viking forum and give us your views, we love guests.

With all due respect I'm not in much of a mood to do any cyber visiting. As much as I like the purple lounge I think I'm going to simply sit in the corner and cry like a school girl. Every time in the past 48 years I think the Lions have assembled a good team I get kicked in the stomach. Crying or Very sad

tell me about your pain after you've lost four Super Bowls, dude. and then lost two more chances to get back to them because of a botched play or two.

what I've give to be in a super bowl...

or win a playoff game Crying or Very sad

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
tikitiger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on Matthew Stafford's health? Did he look ready to get back in the game during overtime?
#4 South Carolina Gamecocks 11-2
We didn't make the BCS?

Jags | Sharks | Lakers | Giants
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Perhaps I would understand that pain had the Lions won a playoff game. Crying or Very sad

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
studdogs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Playoffs, you kidding me. I just hope we can win a game!” Coach Jim Mora's quotation always rings a bell with the early season letdowns/meltdowns of our Lions.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikitiger wrote:
Any update on Matthew Stafford's health? Did he look ready to get back in the game during overtime?

He strained a leg muscle in pregame warmups, played, then aggravated it trying to make a tackle on the Titans' strip-return TD.

He's having an MRI today.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Jrugges

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikitiger wrote:

"Strained leg muscle."

My guess is that he just pulled a muscle or something and they are doing and MRI just to be sure there aren't any major tears in the muscles.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikitiger wrote:

He did not look like he was having a great time walking around on the sideline.
studdogs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess its time to take off the Detroit Lions rally cap and reversed rally sweatshirt now – dang.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
tikitiger wrote:

He did not look like he was having a great time walking around on the sideline.

Death, taxes and Mathew Stafford with an injury. The sure things.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only thing is why does it take our offense til the 2nd half to show up??? last yr we were getting tds, this yr fgs. The D is act showing me something this yr for what we have out there but our offense is been lacking and speical teams lets just say its special Laughing
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when people discuss our game they talk about how bad our defense is. We had a solid defense before this game and during this game our special teams and offense gave up 21 points. On top of that, 1 play blew up for 70 yards against our D. The rest of the game we were not that bad. But people say, their D is awful, they gave up 44 points.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I hate when people discuss our game they talk about how bad our defense is. We had a solid defense before this game and during this game our special teams and offense gave up 21 points. On top of that, 1 play blew up for 70 yards against our D. The rest of the game we were not that bad. But people say, their D is awful, they gave up 44 points.

The pass defense was ranked 6th in the NFL after the first two games.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

Same with week 1: "They allowed 23 points against the Rams!". Well... our defense allowed 16: one TD and three FGs.

It's. Blah. Whatever. Box scores shouldn't be the sole source for forming an opinion.

Team Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

The pass defense was ranked 6th in the NFL after the first two games.

Because we played Alex Smith and Sam Bradford. Neither of those guys air it out a lot. But when they did pass, the defense gave up easy pickings--both had passing efficiencies above 100. Detroit is 29th in opponents' passer rating, and we're one of only three teams that has yes to record an interception.

Our defense is pretty bad; I don't think you can really argue otherwise. Yeah, there's the "one play blew up for 70 yards" argument, but there was also another one that went for 60+ (Jared Cook's TD). Good defenses don't give up multiple huge scoring plays like that. Jake Locker went for 378 yards, hitting almost 70% of his throws in the process. Jake Locker is one of the NFL's worst starters until he proves otherwise, but he looked like prime Peyton Manning against us. And, even if the defense "only" allowed 21 points, that's still about as many as the Titans scored in weeks 1 and 2 combined. We got zero sacks against a pretty terrible defensive line.

This is coming off a week in which the 49ers ran for 5.5 yards a carry against us, and Alex Smith had similar efficiency numbers to those of Locker. Third downs were easily there for the taking, and the 49ers never really had trouble keeping the clock moving or sustaining drives. Bradford didn't exactly light it up against us, but then again he only passed 25 times. Really, the only solid thing we've done defensively all year is to stymy Steven Jackson, which shouldn't be considered entirely impressive considering he looks like he's pretty much done as an NFL starter.

This team still needs tons of help on defense.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 46 of 48

Jump to: