Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens vs Patriots GDT: No Cundiff, No Evans, No Excuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is likely to catch the most Tom Brady passes outside of Gronk?
Ed Reed
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Lardarius Webb
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Bernard "Best Friends With Brady" Pollard
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Jimmy Smith
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
can't believe the glorious celebration you guys are having like you just won the superbowl.

Like you guys did last year...?

Oh...

wait...

MY. BAD.

*insert patriotshirtsgetheremonday.gif*

Okay, okay, I'm done. Good night fellas.

Wait...you're trying to make fun of the pats losing a game that they beat the ravens to get to....gotcha.

Unless you're a fan of the Giants, we are all just losers at the end of the day. Can't we just get along? Crying or Very sad

Okay, okay. Now I'm REALLY going to sleep. Sweet dreams compadres.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY Laughing

The ONLY reason I came in here to begin with was to say great game...i'm not complaining about the refs because they just suck in general. I'm hoping these two teams see eachother again in the playoffs with both teams healthy and with real refs because they match up well and put on really great games to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I knew the officiating sucked but I still can't recall any outlandish call that completely effed the Patriots. I didn't even know it was a controversy until I came on here and saw them crying about it.

Off the top of my head.

-Torrey Smith push off McCourty in the endzone for a TD on good coverage
-Horrific, worst call I've ever seen on OPI on Edelman intead of DPI. Prevented minimum 3 points, looked like Ravens had no answer for us and would have been a TD
-Late 4th quarter, instead of 3rd and 20, the Ravens got 1st and 5 because a Ravens receiver grabbed SPikes by the arm.

There were a few more. In the first half the Ravens got their 2 touchdowns on the same drive they SHOULD have gone 3 and out by had miracle phantom calls prevent that, resulting in sustained drives and touchdowns. At worst it should have been 23-0 in favor of the Patriots at the half.

The other thing is it's easy for Torrey Smith to have a huge game when he is allowed to push off, defenders are called for grazing him, and Michael Oher has a chokehold on Chandler and drags him to the ground but can't do anything to get called for holding.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to watch 1 Winning Drive this week, there's going to be a lot of great material for it.

Feel very proud of Torrey Smith tonight. What an extraordinary guy, as much as Al Michaels may have milked that particular 'subplot' tonight it doesn't take away from the incredible emotional strength that Torrey possesses. I wouldn't have begrudged him one bit if he decided not to suit up tonight, but the fact that he did, and then went out and reminded everyone why he's one of the bright young talents in this league, was just incredibly inspiring. RIP Tevin Smith.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Kia Kaha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i am going to say about the refs is that both teams had terrible calls against them and the fact even michaels and collinsworth were laughing about them the whole game is embarassing. The real refs need to get back.

Also, i will say this after a win so people dont think im all emotional or whatever, but this coaching staff is terrible. Offense, defense, ST and Harbaugh himself. This team gets places because of its talent, the coaches hold them back. I have thought that for the last four years (with exception of pagano) and im not changing my mind now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tonyto I'll check it out if it's on NFL Replay but nothing is standing out to me. It really just looked like you got outplayed on both sides of the ball and couldn't close out the game despite having several opportunities.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://deadspin.com/5945738/tonights-idiot-on-the-field-in-baltimore-proved-elusive-for-mt-bank-stadium-security

Video of the "streaker"
nevermore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad there wasn't a Gatorade shower. 4 Super Bowl wins in 13 months would've been sweet.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Too bad there wasn't a Gatorade shower. 4 Super Bowl wins in 13 months would've been sweet.

I know someone on here who would be STEAMED.

An O's style pie in the face to Tucker woulda been sweet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Good to see the Raven's fan base is still working on reaching adulthood Laughing

You are borderline abusing posters/a team fanbase with this post. If you are going to continue posting here, I suggest you aim your "criticism" elsewhere or risk a formal warning and potential repercussions from Webby

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
drd23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:

Laughing I'll pay that. Applause

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else hear on SC right after the game... the guy with Dilfer asked (about T. Smith) "Where did this guy come from?" (or something to that effect)

Seriously? Does this guy watch football?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to come on here before anything gets out of hand and issue a civil reminder/warning to EVERYONE, no trolling and no insults, any violations against forum rules will not be tolerated- at all. There will be no other "civil" warnings. Any violation will be met with a swift and official warning.

Enjoy the victory respectfully, discuss the game, but there will be no leeway. Thank you! And continue....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on the game...

#1 - Obviously, Torrey Smith. The guy has heart, flat out. You could just see how emotionally and physically exhausted he was after probably getting maybe an hour of sleep in the past 48 hours, and yet he played admirably and had a bit night. Much respect.

#2 - SO pumped we pulled it out. After going down 13-0, I honestly thought we didn't have a shot. Even at 28-21, after missing that 4th down call (honestly I was steamed.. while I like being aggressive, down 9 in the 4th with a kicker who can make that FG, you do it, IMO. But, it worked out so meh.) I thought we didn't have a shot.

#3 - The refs are still awful, except this time it benefitted us. While I can't remember specific plays necessarily, I felt like the majority of the close calls came in our favor. But, that just follows along with my theory that these refs tend to give the calls to the home team to avoid being boo'ed, and that it's on the visiting team to challenge it. Way too much inconsistency from the refs for my liking.

There are more #s, but I'm tired this morning and that's about all I feel like going into Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
@tonyto I'll check it out if it's on NFL Replay but nothing is standing out to me. It really just looked like you got outplayed on both sides of the ball and couldn't close out the game despite having several opportunities.

The offense and defense choked at the end. However for the defense, they were completely gassed because of so many elongated drives that should have been 3 and outs so I can't fault them that much, personally. The offense had no excuse and it was the most moronic playcalling I've ever seen.

That being said the Patriots very clearly looked like the better team. The Ravens just got a bunch of free points from horrible calls.

I mean look at this. You're supposed to get ejected for this behavior, let alone get it ignored. I mean I suppose if a ref was near by he would probably call it... Oh wait! THERE IS ONE STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO THEM.

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-13jsns.gif

The Ravens defense was allowed to get away with murder and the Patriots defense were forced to play flag football.

It was also funny how Ray Lewis decided it would be more effective just jumping on top of Gronk instead of trying to cover him. He did that all game to Gronk and Woodhead in what should have been massive matchup advantages in favor of the Patriots got null and voided because the refs wouldn't call Ray jumping on top of them and dragging them to the ground.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tonyto: They both should've been ejected. Edelman was every bit as guilty as Cary Williams (not on that particular play, but during the course of the game).

However, to say our defense got away with murder is just a complete joke to me to when your TE's are running over our linebackers in an attempt to draw a flag and not even to run a route. I mean AT LEAST make it LOOK like you're running a route, but twice I saw Gronk run over linebackers, and the refs actually called defensive holding on one of them! So you're just as guilty for getting away with murder as we are.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: