Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Move CJ to WR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Move CJ to WR?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd just be a glorified Devin Hester, who isn't that good. But at least he returns punts and kicks. Only problem with benching CJ is that moves Reynaud to RB1, which means less opportunities for him at KR and PR.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is why he's still on the roster in the first place.

At least make him a kick returner and see if he can just run 100 yds in a straight line everytime and make it to the 30-40yd line. It'd be a lot better than making him a RB..
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to keep him at RB, and rightfully so, because he wouldn't be any better at doing anything else. I don't want him taking any on-field plays away from any of our current receivers, because we have a very good unit. If they want to start splitting the carries more evenly between he and Reynaud, and also let both start returning kicks, I would be on board with that. But I say we just ride out the season with him, get whatever we can out of him, and then rid ourselves of him this offseason, hopefully via trade. And then fix the offensive line once and for all.

I don't believe he will ever be the same CJ2K we once saw. At least not in two tone blue. I just think that ship has sailed. He isn't producing on the field, and the fans have gotten to the point where the majority can't stand him. I think a departure after this season would be the best for both parties. CJ needs a change of scenery, and we need to move on. I hate it too, because those first few years, he really looked like he was on pace to be a Titan legend.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I'm KingTitan so i'm being optimistic...lol

Razz Yeah I know.

You may well be right. Especially a team that has a few late round picks might willing to part with one to give it a whirl.

With that money tied in for the next few years? He's got 10M due to him in salary next year alone... on that alone, no team would trade for him. They'll just wait till he's released...

If he doesn't take a drastic salary cut... he'll be released (the team will do that much for him I believe, turning some of that money [and possibly more] directly tied into incentive bonuses... see if something can snap him out of this funk).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we just sign Troy Williamson instead?

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
Why don't we just sign Troy Williamson instead?

First, because CJ is actually under contract.

Second, because CJ at RB and only RB = a waste of money. I'm just being 100% rational here. If we are paying him, use him in a way that may actually benefit us.

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Razz Yeah I know.

You may well be right. Especially a team that has a few late round picks might willing to part with one to give it a whirl.

With that money tied in for the next few years? He's got 10M due to him in salary next year alone... on that alone, no team would trade for him. They'll just wait till he's released...

If he doesn't take a drastic salary cut... he'll be released (the team will do that much for him I believe, turning some of that money [and possibly more] directly tied into incentive bonuses... see if something can snap him out of this funk).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/23/titans-have-an-eight-figure-decision-to-make-on-chris-johnson/
Quote:

Per a source with knowledge of Johnsonís contract, Johnson has a $10 million base salary in 2013. Of that amount, $9 million becomes fully guaranteed if Johnson is still on the roster on the fifth day of the 2013 waiver period, which launches in the days after the Super Bowl. (Until then, the money is guaranteed for injury only.)

I think it will make them think...
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Razz Yeah I know.

I'm just trying to humor KT Laughing
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Razz Yeah I know.

I'm just trying to humor KT Laughing

I'm optimistic that you will succeed with your attempted humor. Wink
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at this point we NEED to give the other backs on the roster a shot just to see if something works.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
I think at this point we NEED to give the other backs on the roster a shot just to see if something works.

Brady bait... use Brady as bait to get some huge return back for him... In turn getting that 1st round pick locked up at another position. I think Locker's stats will be top 10 by the end of this year, and possibly higher next year.

I think Locker will grow that much in one season, that I'll take Locker and another 1st round talent over Brady.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move every coaches dream to the bench, his hands are not good enough to be a WR.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who thinks he can play WR has not watched him play.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: