Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: "Sparano Returns" Jets @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think aside from just Woody, the Jets also miss having Tony Richardson, Ben Hartsock, and Alan Faneca out there pulling from the left side. I remember rewatching a lot of the games from the 2008 season, and being struck by how many times the Jets were able to get big gainers on the ground as a result of a Faneca pull.

On defense, one of the things that infuriates me is how often the defenders overpersue. It's great and all to make plays behind the line of scrimmage, but how many times do we see a defensive player attack the line and miss in the backfield, and see that player dart through a hole for a first down? I would rather the defense play with some discipline and hold a runner for a two or three yards than always going for a TFL.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Sparano called a good game. He had guys open by play design often, just on a lot of them players failed to execute.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
By the way, Sparano called a good game. He had guys open by play design often, just on a lot of them players failed to execute.

The players have to look in the mirror today. Don't think this poor performance was a coaching gaff unless we're going by the poor player performance equating to poor coaching preparation thing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:

That he did. There was pretty awful execution.

That being said, I think the Dolphins just give the Jets fits. Kind of like how the Jets give the Bills fits. I'm kind of hoping that's what it is, because the Jets looked like a 6 win team at best today.

Worst of all, the Jets have an absolutely brutal stretch of games coming up. 49ers, Houston, Indy, New England, and Miami again. With Revis probably out, I'm a lot less confident about our ability to win some of these games.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

That he did. There was pretty awful execution.

That being said, I think the Dolphins just give the Jets fits. Kind of like how the Jets give the Bills fits. I'm kind of hoping that's what it is, because the Jets looked like a 6 win team at best today.

Worst of all, the Jets have an absolutely brutal stretch of games coming up. 49ers, Houston, Indy, New England, and Miami again. With Revis probably out, I'm a lot less confident about our ability to win some of these games.

The next two games are our hardest non-Patriots games of the year. I think a realistic expectation is to enter Foxboro 3-3.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:

Well said. I was actually more disappointed in the D then the offense. We could of had 2-3 additional TD's if Hill catches that TD and Sanchez doesn't miss a wide open guy in the endzone (although he was pressured). Sanchez also missed Schilens and Hill on the double moves down the right side of the field. If he hits either of them in stride (and Hill actually catches it) they are both TD's. So really overall as bad as it was at times to watch I liked what I saw out of the offense aside from the execution. Sparano called a great game.

I'm not completely giving up on this team yet. Sanchez needs to play better cause he missed a few throws that need to be completed. McKnight and Powell need to see more touches and Schilens needs to see the field more, maybe at the expense of Hill cause he can do the same types of things but has much better hands. Hopefully Keller is back next week cause we are going to need him.

The D still looks slow to me, especially the LB's, we need some speed there in the worst way. Finally I'm really disappointed by the D-line play. They were supposed to be our strength and if you're not getting to the QB and least stop the run, which our 4-3 look should be able to do, but couldn't today.

I'm not going to say we got lucky cause the Dolphins got just as lucky with some bad penalties and some missed opportunities on our part. I'm just going to chalk this up[ as another one in a series of many crazy Jets/Dolphins games.

Really hope Revis is ok cause if he's out for a long period of time we're done.

Props to Mack on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@MMehtaNYDN: Jets first-round pick Quinton Coples only played in 15 of 83 defensive snaps (18 percent) vs Dolphins yesterday. #nyj
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@MMehtaNYDN: Jets first-round pick Quinton Coples only played in 15 of 83 defensive snaps (18 percent) vs Dolphins yesterday. #nyj

That's cause the rest of the line was doing such a good job getting to the QB and stopping the run. Rolling Eyes

Props to Mack on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:

That's cause the rest of the line was doing such a good job getting to the QB and stopping the run. Rolling Eyes

Bush's big runs were to the outside.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:

Do you think maybe the Jets might have understood that the Dolphins were going to rely heavily on running the ball, and wanted keep Mike DeVito, who has profiled as a strong run defender in his career, on the field as much as possible?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:

Do you think maybe the Jets might have understood that the Dolphins were going to rely heavily on running the ball, and wanted keep Mike DeVito, who has profiled as a strong run defender in his career, on the field as much as possible?
I'm sorry, but you don't pick someone with the 16th overall pick in the draft to play him in 18% of snap, especially against the Dolphins.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:

Bush's big runs were to the outside.

The Jets' defensive line was getting dominated at the line of scrimmage. Honestly the worst performance I've seen by the guys up front maybe since the AFC title game in Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:

I'm sorry, but you don't pick someone with the 16th overall pick in the draft to play him in 18% of snap, especially against the Dolphins.

Even the best DL prospects who come from top programs and eventually go on to have All-Pro careers typically underwhelm in their rookie year. Usually, the best you can hope for is that they are able to stay healthy and contribute situationally, make some splash plays here and there, and come on strong in their second and third year.

All I'm saying is you can't expect Coples to be what he'll eventually be in the NFL in his first year in the league, much less his third game. This should be understood by people who don't consider themselves just casual fans of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand another season of Eric Smith screwing us over

Thanks Delphi^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38

Jump to: