Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 5 Up / Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Up

Down
1. Trolls - This isnt really in game, but more on here. I am utterly disgusted with the amount of trolling that is allowed to occur in NFL Gen of the Steelers...and by the same pieces of ish every single time. I didnt mind people calling the hit dirty, but anyone who posts in NFL gen knows the idiots Im referring to, and how they are contantly allowed to run their mouths. Its the same guys every time, so Im not talking about everyone...just those select few d-bags.

I haven't read what you are talking about, but I assume these "trolls", of course, don't feel that the hit by Wheeler on Ben or the Cut block on Hood was dirty, right?

It's why myself and 43 are the only guys that go into NFL Gen. The second that the Steelers get an iffy call the trolls starting with Ekysnt and Mesa_Titan stating how the Steelers only get positive calls. Then the follow it up with any time a bad hit like the one by Mundy happens that it was "clearly" dirty as if they can determine his intent and ignoring anything else after rooting in their roost. It's like clockwork how the trolls work. Every Steelers is dirty, every win is tainted, ever loss is legitimate and so on and so forth.

In-breeding is an unfortunate part of society. Laughing

Seriously, the Mundy hit was tame in comparison to some. He didn't launch himself and anyone who thinks Mundy actually accompishes anything he sets his mind to when it comes to playing defense certainly doesn't know Mundy very well! Laughing

Additionally, it wasn't a malicious intent, unlike the hit on Ben...when Wheeler actually "crawls" in order to be able to hit Ben low...THAT was a malicious hit!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Just checked Ben's numbers -36/49 4TDs. The defense just dropped an egg on an incredible performance from Ben.

For shame.

3 TDs... The 4th one was initially not ruled a passing TD but then later changed in-game and around fantasy leagues. I'm 100% sure it'll change back on Tuesday after scorer checks.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
How do you go to the general forums from here again?? Laughing There's a reason I guess why I've never been to that forum.

Because there are alot of good, informative posters there, and its fun to discuss non Steelers related things.

Unfortunately, especially on gameday, you get the trolls coming out...especially Steelers trolls like the ones mentioned....who do it every time the Steelers are even mentioned pretty much.

If this site had an ignore feature, I probably wouldnt get scolded by the mods nearly as much as I do now. But when I see laughably ignorant comments and trolling....I feel compelled to say something. Cool
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to do a top 5 recap because I'm utterly disappointed. However I'll comment on something I noticed during game. You see, I was still waiting to see of todd haley was a good hire. I decided that he was a good hire when I noticed that we had a 10 points lead... our ball, we should be running, killing the time right? Something tell me haley doesn't trust our defense so he went on to attack raiders more with passing.

Confidence. Also heath miller who maybe has a borderline top 10 talent at te... haley made him looked like a pro bowler. Also big ben, he's been unbelievable.

I think what he also brought with him is the majority of confidence he has in our weapons and along with playcalling, its a killer.

Todd haley, welcome!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP:

1. Roethlisberger - Great game and obvious top choice. Nearly carried the team to victory since the defense and running game never showed up.
2. Heath Miller - Nice to see him being used a red zone threat where he can be so valuable. I like that he has been targeted this season so far.
3. Mike Wallace - Over 100 yards and a TD where he was all alone in the end zone.
4. Red zone TDs - Nice to see them cash in on their chances and not settling for FGs.
5. Pass protection - I actually thought the OL did a good job in that aspect.

DOWN:

1. Defense - I understand Harrison and Polamlu are out but people need to step up and make a play. It didn't happen and hasn't happened for most of the year. No pass rush, Mundy is terrible, and they continue to give up long TD drives. No one was surprised when the Raiders marched down the field for the GW field goal.
2. Running game - The blocking is dreadful. No push at all. The RBs haven't been able to make things on their own either. It's one of the worst rushing offenses in the league and I don't see any signs of improvement.
3. Turnovers - It cost them big time today. Both times the Steelers had momentum and then coughed up the football.
4. Penalties - The OL continues game after game to get called for so many penalties. As usual they had a ton today as well. Same thing can be said for special teams. The refs are bad but for most of the time the Steelers did deserve theirs.
5. Mundy, Colon, Gilbert - Mundy can't do much of anything. Instead of improving throughout the years he actually gets worst. I thought Colon might actually be a decent guard but he is usual penalty prone player that he always has been. On that last third down play his butt was on the ground which caused his player to force Roethlisberger to sail the pass high. I'm getting to the point where it's more of a surprise when Gilbert doesn't get hurt and doesn't get called for lining up off the line of scrimmage.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Additionally, it wasn't a malicious intent, unlike the hit on Ben...when Wheeler actually "crawls" in order to be able to hit Ben low...THAT was a malicious hit!

Agreed...I dont like Mundy one bit, but it didnt seem like he was "aiming" as some were claiming. He did launch a bit, but it looked like he was just trying to make a hard hit that ended badly because of poor form.

And thats another reason you could tell those guys were trolling. They bashed the Steelers non stop for that, but didnt say a damn thing when Wheeler dived at Ben's knee.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go OT for a sec, don't get suckered by the trolls in NFL General. Remember that, IMO, it's not the trolls who get banned, it's the posters who react to the trolls.

In the end, do you really care what they think?

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I'm not going to do a top 5 recap because I'm utterly disappointed. However I'll comment on something I noticed during game. You see, I was still waiting to see of todd haley was a good hire. I decided that he was a good hire when I noticed that we had a 10 points lead... our ball, we should be running, killing the time right? Something tell me haley doesn't trust our defense so he went on to attack raiders more with passing.

Confidence. Also heath miller who maybe has a borderline top 10 talent at te... haley made him looked like a pro bowler. Also big ben, he's been unbelievable.

I think what he also brought with him is the majority of confidence he has in our weapons and along with playcalling, its a killer.

Todd haley, welcome!

It's because the line is just that damn bad... We need DeCastro back badly and Colon needs to get the eff off the field.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No downs for AB???

I called that second fumble. He tries too hard at times to make a big play and gets careless with the ball.

Love him but he really cost us today and could've been worse if he didn't get lucky on the first fumble.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Up

Down
1. Trolls - This isnt really in game, but more on here. I am utterly disgusted with the amount of trolling that is allowed to occur in NFL Gen of the Steelers...and by the same pieces of ish every single time. I didnt mind people calling the hit dirty, but anyone who posts in NFL gen knows the idiots Im referring to, and how they are contantly allowed to run their mouths. Its the same guys every time, so Im not talking about everyone...just those select few d-bags.

I haven't read what you are talking about, but I assume these "trolls", of course, don't feel that the hit by Wheeler on Ben or the Cut block on Hood was dirty, right?

It's why myself and 43 are the only guys that go into NFL Gen. The second that the Steelers get an iffy call the trolls starting with Ekysnt and Mesa_Titan stating how the Steelers only get positive calls. Then the follow it up with any time a bad hit like the one by Mundy happens that it was "clearly" dirty as if they can determine his intent and ignoring anything else after rooting in their roost. It's like clockwork how the trolls work. Every Steelers is dirty, every win is tainted, ever loss is legitimate and so on and so forth.

Yeah, I most in Gen during the week, but it's pretty insufferable any time the Steelers are playing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP

Arrow Ben
Arrow Pass Protection
Arrow Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeath
Arrow Bye Week

DOWN

Arrow Defense... it sucks. Never heard Clark's name after the first play pick. Never heard Woodley other than the only sack and a tackle.
Arrow Run blocking
Arrow REFEREES.
Arrow Ryan Mundy. Please quit.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29, don't blame Woodley. LeBeau has him dropping into coverage 50% of the time
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
steelcurtain29, don't blame Woodley. LeBeau has him dropping into coverage 50% of the time

If you look at the game this week in all-22, mind posting the % of pass snaps Woodley played in coverage rather than rushing? Or how often Hood/Heyward are called to play a passive read/react stance rather than being agressive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I am giving noone an Up! Raiders DBs were all hurt or playing out of position. This should have been an east blowout yet our team is undisciplined and the defense is simply pathetic. I knew we were going to lose midway through the 2nd quarter. I am so disgusted Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

If you look at the game this week in all-22, mind posting the % of pass snaps Woodley played in coverage rather than rushing? Or how often Hood/Heyward are called to play a passive read/react stance rather than being agressive.

yeah, this past week I made a mistake. I tried to go through the all-22 and grade each player in the front 7 and each player on the OL, and it just took too damn long.

I'm going to focus on Willie Colon and MoPo on the OL, and I'm going to chart strictly what Woodley does each play as well as the r/r vs. attack for our DEs.

I'll say this much. Keisel and Hampton absolutely suck now. Hood sucks when he is forced to play r/r, but was actually pretty decent when he got to attack.

very frustrating.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: