Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank our Offensive Line
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Rank our Offensive Line Reply with quote

No, I am not 3Rivers, but hey, I can still make offensive line threads! Wink Im surprised by how decent they are at pass blocking and how terrible they are at run blocking. How would you rank them though:

1. Starks
2. Pouncey
3. Foster
4. Gilbert
5. Colon (thought he'd be much better at this point)

Is it just me but Im really hoping Decastro replaces Colon at guard and not Foster.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW DARE YOU STEAL 3RIVERS THUNDER YOU SON OF A B.....

But Im sure even after he posts in this one, he'll make another OLine thread that discusses the exact same things.

Anyway...Ill rank these two different ways...

Pass blocking
1) Pouncey
2) Starks
3) Gilbert (improved greatly since week one)
4) Colon
5) Foster

Run blocking

They all suck...cant even really rank them. Ill just say...

1) Sean Kugler ....go away

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43: I'd have Foster as better run blocker than Colon though. When Decastro comes back, would you have him replace Colon or Foster?
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Rank our Offensive Line Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
No, I am not 3Rivers, but hey, I can still make offensive line threads! Wink Im surprised by how decent they are at pass blocking and how terrible they are at run blocking. How would you rank them though:

1. Starks
2. Pouncey
3. Foster
4. Gilbert
5. Colon (thought he'd be much better at this point)

Is it just me but Im really hoping Decastro replaces Colon at guard and not Foster.

I don't review the 22 coaches tape etc, but from what I have seen this OL is decent in pass pro as long as the other team doesn't have a good speed rusher or 2. Run blocking is terrible though, so this is on kugler in my book because he said such great things about colon, but all I am seeing average (at best) play from him yet he makes more than the rest of the OL combined.

Gilbert played well with a bad injury. He gets props for that despite having some struggles.

I can't stomach the OL enough to watch 22 type tapes etc, but I still feel they are better than in recent years.

Really, they just have to give ben the time to pass and the team will score 30+ points or should - too many weapons not to. The problem these days seems to be the D Embarassed Maybe a Nickel should be the base with the amount of passing?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Checked to see who created this when I saw it! Haha.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@43: I'd have Foster as better run blocker than Colon though. When Decastro comes back, would you have him replace Colon or Foster?

Hard to say....both have been bad.

At least Foster isnt getting paid like he is actually good, though.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Hard to say....both have been bad.

At least Foster isnt getting paid like he is actually good, though.

And Foster doesn't make a fourth of the penalties Colon does!! Wink I wouldn't doubt Colon has more penalties than the other lineman combined so far this season.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

But Im sure even after he posts in this one, he'll make another OLine thread that discusses the exact same things.

Pass blocking
1) Pouncey
2) Starks
4) Colon
5) Foster

Run blocking

I am not sean kugler Laughing actually Embarassed

I don't understand how the run blocking went so bad, but it has. Maybe this group will fail at run blocking so they can pass block? I dunno, but they sure stink at run blocking. I guess this is the new Steelers way for years to come. Well, at least we hoped for a slight return of a ground game and OL run blocking, but it appears we lost that one. At least ben isn't in a cast or wearing modified equipment, but at least beechum tried. That was scary, give the guy a few snaps and ben is looking like kemo is out there helping the cast .

This is the passing steelers, what ben wanted. Forget the ground attack, it is gone, not even sure it was here this year though. The way the game is today, maybe a good 3 and 4th corner is more important than a good run blocking OL. I think the game has passed me, seems like ground game means nothing for most teams, almost nothing. Well, Minn likes to run and they beat the # 1 ranked team. Texans run and probably are the #1 ranked team, go figure?
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

I am not 43M, but can I post a reply to your valid option? Well, colon makes more than the rest of the OL combined and is bens buddy. Do you really think they will put a rookie coming off knee surgery to replace colon? I don't study the tape like some here do (they can comment), but it wouldn't surprise me if Foster has played better. DD is coming off a serious injury , probably shouldn't be back until next year IMO, and lets hope they don't rush him back. DD got lucky, it could have been career ending actually and who knows how he will be when he returns. I doubt he will be the player they drafted that struggled in camp. It will take time for him to get his game back.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Checked to see who created this when I saw it! Haha.

since they can't run block at all or could care less to from what we have seen, they can't even be called an OL. I am deciding on a new term for this style of line, perhaps some here can help out?
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Pass blocking
1) Pouncey
2) Starks
4) Colon
5) Foster

Run blocking

Totally agree with everything posted here.

Whats the over /under on 3rivers posting a thread on the same topic?

3.5 hours?

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willie Colon was asked about the running game yesterday. His quote "I thought it was spotty at times, but I thought when we had a chance it was efficient. Confused

What the hell is this guy talking about? What parts of 54 yards on 20 carries for a pathetic 2.7 average is considered effecient because I would love to know. Colon needs a strong dose of reality because he is delusional if he actually feels this way. I like how he used the word "spotty". Nice understatement there Willie. I have different words to describe it but I better keep that to myself.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colon is a moron. Always has been...always will be. I wasnt optimistic at all about him being at guard because I never thought he did anything well...unless you consider drawing stupid penalties and robbing the team blind. Quite good at those.

I hope this fat POS and his fat unearned salary are gone next year. Maybe he can go play for Arians, who thinks he is one of the best OLineman in the league.

3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Colon is a moron. Always has been...always will be. I wasnt optimistic at all about him being at guard because I never thought he did anything well...unless you consider drawing stupid penalties and robbing the team blind. Quite good at those.

I hope this fat POS and his fat unearned salary are gone next year. Maybe he can go play for Arians, who thinks he is one of the best OLineman in the league.

2013:

Starks Gilbert MoPo DD Adams

Maybe Gilbert at RG since he has played on the right side for a while.

This could be a good unit, but remember, ben and colon are friends, so colon stays put even if people here don't like it.

I haven't watch much of colon, but he did make a nice block in the Jets game on the Red TD. This could be make/brake year for colon with cap issues on the horizon next year. Kugler thought he could be a probowl LG, so lets see how the season progresses and lets hope the coach knows more than the fans Embarassed
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colon probably stays at LG or at least starting somewhere in 2013.

Both Legs and Foster are FAs and Beachum or Lee sure as hell aren't ready to start let alone get a hat come game day.

Steelers apparently only save $1.4 mill by cutting next offesason(from another well known Steelers site that some of you are members of)

Sad but true...

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: