Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Texans vs. Broncos GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying my Watt jersey this week.

UnfrickinBelievable

99=Best Defender in the League at the moment

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Did anyone notice after the safety, for every passing play after that we had a tight end next to Newton helping him out on Miller? And then later in the game Harris came in for him. RT imo is our biggest hole
-Walter proved why he is our number 2 reciever
-Only play Tate in the first 3 quarters
-Special Teams played a lot better today than the past 2 games
-Defense has a chance to be historical
- Schaub haters go hide in your closet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt is a beast. 5.5 sacks in three games. That's 29.5 sack pace as a 3-4 DE. Unbelievable.

Sig by matthouston91
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Buying my Watt jersey this week.

UnfrickinBelievable

99=Best Defender in the League at the moment

Got mine last season (best gf I ever had!)... wore it today through the whole game with pride!
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So much for Never beat Payton on the road and Never 3-0

-via Wade Phillips Twitter

hahaha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A win is a win, but we need to close out games better. We had three easy INTs that we dropped and all of those would have been game changers. Ben Tate also can't fumble in that situation. As for Trindon Holliday... I think it may be time to give up on that project. He hasn't done anything to warrant his current roster spot and put us in bad field position by catching that punt on the 6. I woukd rather just have D-Manning and Keshawn handle the duties at this point.

However, this was overall a great win. Our receivers destroyed their secondary to the point that they had to replace Tracy Porter and Rahim Moore. Matt Schaub was throwing the ball well all day. Our young receivers showed up. The defense was in thr backfield all day. Kubiak and Wade Phillips called great games. And JJ Watt is a beast. First place in the AFC.... I can dig it.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Trindon needs to be gone. He provides nothing, that roster spot can be much better used.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

jargin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texans have arrived at 3-0.

Could there be a more perfect next game for us than the Titans at home?

I got nervous after the Tate fumble. I wanted to be angry with Tate, I wanted to be angry with Kubiak, I wanted to be angry at Arian for not being in the game. Then I realized I should probably be angry with the ride side and the middle of the offensive line, which got completely destroyed. As the game inched nearer towards the end, I had a quiet confidence; we will win this game. This is a different team. This is the JJ Watt era Texans. This is the top of the AFC Texans.

Schaub lost a piece of his ear, but we didn't lose the game. Thats all that matters.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game notes:

- There are wins, and then there is this. All in all, I am a bit scared with the end result...but on a national stage against an old nemesis, the Texans managed to stave off a late run in one of the most hostile stadiums in the NFL. That is HUGE for this team for a few reasons, of which I will get into as we proceed.

- Stat time: The Texans had six plays of 20+ yards, which is the most in the NFL to date. Interesting part about it? All six plays were done by six different players: Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Lestar Jean, Keshawn Martin and Owen Daniels. To have an offense that is THAT diverse in terms of explosiveness is downright deadly.

- Matt Schaub is the QB of the Houston Texans, and as fans of this team, we should be grateful. Guy showed off he had a massive arm, guy showed poise in the face of a fierce pass rush that was looking to knock his head off, guy had a clutch throw late in the game to Andre for 12 yards - if there was any question about the guy to this point, they should be answered by now. This is an elite QB, one of the top 5-10 guys at the QB spot. In a big divisional game, against a team that could be jockeying for one of the top 2-3 playoff spots, he came through with one of his most impressive performances as a Texan.

- Part of me wants to beat Joe Mays with a blunt instrument. Part of me wants to thank him for showing us how tough Matt Schaub is. The roughing the passer play was bad; Really bad, in fact. I thought Matt was done for the year after that hit; Just a cheap, unprofessional play that has no place in this league. However, Matt popped right back up, told Mays to go to hell, trotted off the field with blood coming out of his ear...and was back out on the very next play. Matt Schaub lost a secton of his ear lobe on that play, and if you have any ear piercings (I had some back in the day) you know the thought of having your ear lobe ripped off HURTS. Matt shrugged it off, had the section of his ear removed during the next defensive play, and was back on the field. According to Marc Vandemeer and Rich Lord, Schaub was AMPED to get on the field again, just foaming at the mouth at that point. Don't give me this BS that Matt isn't a tough guy; Guy is as hard as a coffin nail.

- Right now through three games, I have Atlanta QB Matt Ryan as the NFL MVP. JJ Watt is hot on his tail for MVP consideration, and is firmly seated at #2. This guy is a damn 3-4 DE, and he leads one of the best defenses in the NFL in tackles and sacks. 2.5 on the day yesterday has him at 5.5 on the year, MORE than what he did last season, when he was a darkhorse candidate for DROY. He currently has 29 negative plays on the season (negative play being a tackle for loss, sack, deflected pass or a play that leads to a turnover). That's roughly 10 negative plays a GAME. That, my friends...is unheard of. JJ Watt is the best defensive player in the league right now, and is amongst the top 2-3 players in the NFL regardless of position.

- If a chain is as strong as its weakest link, the chain is about to snap every time Brice McCain is on the field. He's been rather ineffective this season, not really doing anything to stand out...but yesterday was a showing of what a vet QB can do against him. He gave up two plays that very well could of cost the Texans big; He was in position to make a play on the TD to Brandon Stokley, but had no clue where the ball was on the play and got beat. On the next drive, he had an absolutely horrible holding call on a 4th down play, a penalty that gave Denver an auto 1st down (the pass was intended for Demaryius Thomas, but). I get it, these things happen from time to time...but this is Brandon Stokley for crying out loud. He's older than ME, and has been out of the league for quite a while. To have him eat your lunch like that isn't good, and I think the team needs to start thinking about getting Brandon Harris or Roc Carmichael in there, because I don't see any reason to keep McCain around past this season.

- Kareem Jackson is consistent at being inconsistent. When he makes plays, they are very good plays, very smart plays where he makes the reads and does the things asked of him. However, there is still some 2010 Kareem in him, giving up too much room on certain coverages, as well as not locating the ball quickly enough to make a play on the ball. I feel as if he was wrongly accused for PI in the end zone, but all in all...this was not a fantastic showing overall. There were fantastic moments, but there are equally horrid moments in which you have to look away at the train wreck.

- Donnie Jones is boss hoggin it out there, and Brett Hartmann might have more time to rehab. Guy was just bombing the ball out there when the Texans were forced to punt, getting crazy air time and distance on his kicks. Could be the thin air in Denver, but there were some masterful punts that gave the Texans D a great spot to start a defensive drive on. The last punt was a moonshot, just a high arching boot that would of landed at the 2 yard line had Eric Decker not fielded it. Decker fielding it tells me that the coverage was in place to down the ball upon entry into the atmosphere, so he had no choice but to grab it and run. Great job overall yesterday.

- Wins are great, but I like the 20+ variety. Everyone who was complaining about the Jacksonville game got what they wanted, and that was an offensive show through the air. Now, would you rather get a W like we did in Jacksonville, with little fireworks but a lot of ground and pound, or do you want an air show that has a lot of spark to it, but is one play away from total disaster? I'll take the former, please.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
J.J. Watt for DPOY.

JJ Watt for Most Valuable Player. DPOY is beneath what he is doing now.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
A win is a win, but we need to close out games better. We had three easy INTs that we dropped and all of those would have been game changers. Ben Tate also can't fumble in that situation. As for Trindon Holliday... I think it may be time to give up on that project. He hasn't done anything to warrant his current roster spot and put us in bad field position by catching that punt on the 6. I woukd rather just have D-Manning and Keshawn handle the duties at this point.

However, this was overall a great win. Our receivers destroyed their secondary to the point that they had to replace Tracy Porter and Rahim Moore. Matt Schaub was throwing the ball well all day. Our young receivers showed up. The defense was in thr backfield all day. Kubiak and Wade Phillips called great games. And JJ Watt is a beast. First place in the AFC.... I can dig it.

3 is being too generous. I believe we had at least 5 chances at a pick.
If we were to lose yesterday that would have been the main reason why other than Tate fumbling and the defense not closing out the games.

The Good:

-Schaub's excellent game. He took advantage of the Broncos secondary and delievered deep balls that went for a TD.

-Arian Foster. No he didnt score a rushing TD, but he still was effective running the ball and had a receiving TD.

-JJ "freaking" Watt. He is going to be a star in the NFL. He made a promise to go after Peyton and he did just that. IDC If their starting RG was out. It still wouldnt have mattered. I am on the verge of buying a Watt (liberty white jersey).

-Special teams. Aside from the returns, special teams was good yesterday. Whitney Mercilus has been our best special teams guy by far the first 3 weeks of the season.

The bad:

- Tate's fumble: Only 1 play, but it could have cost us the game.

-All the drop interceptions by our secondary. I know our secondary has bad hands (mostly Quin), but you still have to haul those in.

-Kareem Jackson: Wasnt impressed by him. Decker got him a couple of times. I hope he doesnt start going the wrong direction.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you guys enjoyed the start of the season so far... Twisted Evil

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a miracle. Espn talking about the Texans on sportscenter more than once!

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some thoughts

1. I am as frustrated with not putting the game away as anyone. But, we need to remember this is Peyton Manning and he did the same thing last week against another top team in the Falcons. Kubs feel back to his ultra conservative mode which is bad and he still hasn't learned that Tate is incabable of holding the ball in the 4th quarter.

2. Kareem I actually think played better than being given credit for, but not as well as the first two weeks. Definitely lost Decker on that 35 yarder in the beginning. I can't think of another time where he was really beat. There was the 20 something backshoulder throw where he was step for step with him on a good double move. No DB stops that throw. And then the next quick slant I feel is on Wade's call. There is a difference between the call being off coverage and giving too much time underneath. The only way you are stopping that is if you are at the line and that is the play call, not the player.

3. I have no problem with putting Harris in at RT as long he starts the rest of the year and RT is our top priority in the offseason. Newton is a 2nd year player, first year active player. There is always going to be some growing pains and against a top pass rusher like Dumervil it isn't surprising. Obviously had an awful day. Not denying that. But you can't put him in and out. IF you are in with him you need to let him stay in and make mistakes. Realize the ultimate is not now but a couple months down the line when are nearing the playoffs. Development won't come from going in an out. Again if Harris is the road Gary chooses I'm fine, but whether he chooses Harris or Newton he needs to be all in on that decision.

4. There are no adjectives in the human language to adequately describe JJ Watt. We should make one up. Any suggestions?

5. Matt Schaub showed he is a franchise QB and clearly a Top 10 QB. Everything was on display in this game. Accuracy, decision making, arm strength (not a rocket but he got plenty), leadership, poise, and toughness.

6. Where is Barwin? Hasn't been an issue yet, but I'm concerned.

7. How does McCain go from one of the top NCBs to this. Our defense minus him was great. He was Kareem Jackson v 2011 Saints bad. Couldn't stay with Stokely. STOKELY!!!! Couldn't catch the ball. Can't keep his hands off of him on a 4th and long. That was hella ugly.

8. Back to point 1 I don't what to really come away with in this game. The defense absolutely owned Manning for 3 quarters. He had no idea how to beat us (then he found Brice). But it got a little soft, I think be design, in the 4th and it almost bit us in the butt. The optimist I am (STOP LAUGHING!!!) I choose to see this defense as what we had for the first 3 quarters. Confused and confounded probably the best cerebral QB in NFL history and held them to practically nothing.

9. Aside from Quin our DB's have normally had pretty decent hands. Who the hell knows what happened this game. Unless it continues I'm willing to see this as nothing but an aberration.

10. I really don't have anything for here. I just though only having 9 points was weak.

#JDI
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not really worried about our defense closing out games like yall are (sans the dropped picks, but even those plays aren't worries per se, the plays by Quin, McCain and Joseph were all great plays on the ball in particular) as for the D itself, those last two touchdowns dont worry me. That throw to Stokley was a dime and it is almost impossible to defend, and the other TD was a fluke tip ball. The only reason they were even down there was from one of the WORST pass interference calls I've ever seen.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: