Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles @ Cardinals - Week 3 Game Ball
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who deserves the Game Ball
Kevin Kolb - 17/24, 222 yards, 2 TD's 0 INT, 4 carries 16 yards.
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Kerry Rhodes - 3 tackles, 1 sack, 1 PD, 1 FF
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Daryl Washington - 4 tackles, 2 sacks
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Larry Fitzgerald - 9 catches, 114 yards, 1 TD
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
James Sanders -2 tackles, 1 PD, 1 FR, 1 TD
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
I thought Kolb played very well. Think he should continue to be the starter. I loved what he did in the first drive all the way up to the point were it end in a field goal. That drive was to good to end in a field goal. I just want to see more drive like that all game. I think him and the offense can do it. I just want to know that the offense can get points without the help of turnovers.

Pretty legitimate assessment and I agree with it. Just think a few factors that Kolb has no control over (Larry penalty, running 3 times with LSH to grind the clock in the 4th quarter) contributed to our offense not scoring any touchdowns on long, drawn out series.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said Kerry Rhodes. He was playing a great game and his FF on Vick before the half came to an end was an absolute game changer. The Cards were up 17-0 and the Eagles were all but guaranteed a field goal at least. For them to end the half with the fumble returned for a TD absolutely deflated the Eagles and the game basically ended there.

Justo on the sig
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
And when talking about long down-field work, let's no forget Kolb made a great play to get A-Rob the football for an 80 yard catch and run (Ball would have been at the Eagles 5) that came back on an unnecessary penalty on Larry Fitzgerald.

Took away a 300 yard passing game for him. First one as a Cardinal I believe.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
I thought Kolb played very well. Think he should continue to be the starter. I loved what he did in the first drive all the way up to the point were it end in a field goal. That drive was to good to end in a field goal. I just want to see more drive like that all game. I think him and the offense can do it. I just want to know that the offense can get points without the help of turnovers.

Pretty legitimate assessment and I agree with it. Just think a few factors that Kolb has no control over (Larry penalty, running 3 times with LSH to grind the clock in the 4th quarter) contributed to our offense not scoring any touchdowns on long, drawn out series.

Don't forget the unnecessary "patcat" run on the first drive where they took Kolb out have throwing 3-3. And that weird draw to LSH that also haulted a drive. He got stuck with a lot of ridiculous 3rd and longs because the playing calling was pretty bad.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Kolb. It was the hardest decision yet though because Rhodes played a tremendous game. Now that I voted I'm actually leaning towards Rhodes but whatever. If we keep the votes tied both of them can have the honor!
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Kolb, but Rhodes was awesome. These polls suck because they're so hard to choose just one Laughing
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough decision this week...I went with Rhodes. He added several clips for his career highlight reel today! Just played an amazing game. Honorable mention to Kolb for playing a really good game and Daryl Washington, who was simply a menace, whether he got his hands on a player or not.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolb's pocket presence has immensely improved. Last year there would be pressure and he would try to just survive. This year he has been keeping his eyes downfield, he has been playing smart, turnover free football, and he is not forcing anything or trying to do too much. So basically the Cardinals are the new 49ers.

Justo on the sig
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Fitz

matthouston91 made it!
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
And when talking about long down-field work, let's no forget Kolb made a great play to get A-Rob the football for an 80 yard catch and run (Ball would have been at the Eagles 5) that came back on an unnecessary penalty on Larry Fitzgerald.

Took away a 300 yard passing game for him. First one as a Cardinal I believe.

he threw for like 310 last year against Carolina I think.

I voted for Kerry Rhodes. Larry was excellent, Dwash was excellent again, Kolb played a very good game. but much like the blocked punt last week, that forced fumble was basically the game.

Rhodes had some other nice plays as well, I think he spent the off-season in the gym because he is hitting harder than he ever has.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No kidding shawn. He walloped Brent celek and he absolutely murdered Michael Vick on that sack fumble at the end of the 2nd half. Vick went down HARD.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been a great addition to this team. It is crazy to think the Jets just sort of gave him to us for a 4th and 7th round picks.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
He has been a great addition to this team. It is crazy to think the Jets just sort of gave him to us for a 4th and 7th round picks.

Rex Ryan hated him. When a coach dislikes a player, cheap deals can and will be made.
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should send Rex a nice cheese plate, or maybe a gift card to a nice steak dinner in NYC, I hear Giovanni's is really nice.

sig made by mike23md
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

Rex Ryan hated him. When a coach dislikes a player, cheap deals can and will be made.

They called him Hollywood. They said he cared more about acting then playing football. I don't remember him talking about acting once since he has been here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: