Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Three: Tampa Bay (1-1) @ Dallas (1-1) GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
klopp24


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 437
Location: Sconnie
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
im not going to sit here and say that freeman didnt have a bad game... because lets face it he had a TERRIBLE game. At the same time our wideouts HAVE to do a better job of getting off press and when the ball gets to them they NEED to catch it. The throw that was behind vjax looked to be because freeman thought he would sit in the zone instead of running through. I want nothing more than this team to be playoff caliber and for us to become a force again. But the fact is that we are a team with some solid starters and little depth outside of those starters. Benn didnt even get a rep other than kickoffs last week and now he is getting significant playing time? Mcdonald comes in with 2 weeks of training camp and is better than myron lewis? We have a rookie head coach with a rookie offensive coordinator and a second time defensive coordinator (not to mention the rest of the staff). There is definitely going to be some growing pains but to think that we will be a juggernaut right now is insane. Not one person in this forum thought that we would have a chance at beating dallas or new york during the preseason and yet there we were with a chance. They will figure it out. Whether freeman is the answer or not im not sure, but our coaches and team will continue to learn and develop.


What can I say? This is well said.

Let me Re-phrase what i said......Freeman AND the WRs need to play better. Defense played Stellar.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
USFTAMPABAY20


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 869
Location: Tampa, FL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klopp24 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
im not going to sit here and say that freeman didnt have a bad game... because lets face it he had a TERRIBLE game. At the same time our wideouts HAVE to do a better job of getting off press and when the ball gets to them they NEED to catch it. The throw that was behind vjax looked to be because freeman thought he would sit in the zone instead of running through. I want nothing more than this team to be playoff caliber and for us to become a force again. But the fact is that we are a team with some solid starters and little depth outside of those starters. Benn didnt even get a rep other than kickoffs last week and now he is getting significant playing time? Mcdonald comes in with 2 weeks of training camp and is better than myron lewis? We have a rookie head coach with a rookie offensive coordinator and a second time defensive coordinator (not to mention the rest of the staff). There is definitely going to be some growing pains but to think that we will be a juggernaut right now is insane. Not one person in this forum thought that we would have a chance at beating dallas or new york during the preseason and yet there we were with a chance. They will figure it out. Whether freeman is the answer or not im not sure, but our coaches and team will continue to learn and develop.


What can I say? This is well said.

Let me Re-phrase what i said......Freeman AND the WRs need to play better. Defense played Stellar.



I feel you for sure. This wasnt meant specifically at you but for everyone thats really upset. They have a right to be, but everyone needs to take a step back and remember where we are coming from. Its actually fun to watch our games again... frustrating, but fun
_________________


Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
klopp24


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 437
Location: Sconnie
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
im not going to sit here and say that freeman didnt have a bad game... because lets face it he had a TERRIBLE game. At the same time our wideouts HAVE to do a better job of getting off press and when the ball gets to them they NEED to catch it. The throw that was behind vjax looked to be because freeman thought he would sit in the zone instead of running through. I want nothing more than this team to be playoff caliber and for us to become a force again. But the fact is that we are a team with some solid starters and little depth outside of those starters. Benn didnt even get a rep other than kickoffs last week and now he is getting significant playing time? Mcdonald comes in with 2 weeks of training camp and is better than myron lewis? We have a rookie head coach with a rookie offensive coordinator and a second time defensive coordinator (not to mention the rest of the staff). There is definitely going to be some growing pains but to think that we will be a juggernaut right now is insane. Not one person in this forum thought that we would have a chance at beating dallas or new york during the preseason and yet there we were with a chance. They will figure it out. Whether freeman is the answer or not im not sure, but our coaches and team will continue to learn and develop.


What can I say? This is well said.

Let me Re-phrase what i said......Freeman AND the WRs need to play better. Defense played Stellar.



I feel you for sure. This wasnt meant specifically at you but for everyone thats really upset. They have a right to be, but everyone needs to take a step back and remember where we are coming from. Its actually fun to watch our games again... frustrating, but fun


Agreed!! lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3107
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
I still cant get over how bad our CB's are.....they cannot make any plays when the ball is thrown...


Only thing I can think of is we do matchup well against the skins...but then again we will end up loosing if this magical offense struggles to get 100 yards for the game


What do our corners have to do for you to be happy? They had a 100 yard receiver and Romo didn't even go for 300 yards. Do we need to hold an opposing QB to under 200 yards for you to be satisfied? It wasn't a bad game at all.

1st he came close to 300 yards
2nd only reason it was not more is because the Cowboys came out trying to run the ball on us.
3rd their WR's and TE's had a few key drops

If they would of came out throwing the ball instead of trying to run it as much as they did, they would of posted up the same numbers the Giants did on us, IDK what game you watched but almost every time the ball was thrown in 1-1 coverage vs our CB's it always got caught
_________________

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 6326
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've seen a worse offensive performance in my life. 8 year olds could have done better.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald McCoy played the best game of his life today. I was proud to see him whip the crap out of those sorry guards he lined up against. He has 3 sacks 3 games in, which is the same amount he had the first year when he started 13 games. Hopefully he keeps it up and stays healthy. He is another reason why our run defense is so great. Foster and David have been able to get clean looks and punish backs. The defense was very exciting to watch. Sherdian called a good game, a better game than last weeks debacle vs Giants. My only gripe is that he doesn't ask Mark Barron to do much. Barron hasn't been placed in position to make plays vs the run, nor make plays in the pass. I'd like to see Sheridan get Barron out there to roam free and take chances in coverage.

On the flipside, the play-calling outside the first TD was extremely predictable. Not only was the play-calling bad the execution was awful. Freeman was inaccurate, held the ball too long, and really played with no sense of urgency. When he stinks, he REALLY stinks. There's no way around it. We did nothing to get his confidence up to at least try to get him in a groove. Its 3 games into the season, lets just get the crap out our system, and play better the rest of the way. I'm not a huge Blount fan but damn, he needs to get more carries. Martin isn't as special as I thought or maybe the OL besides Nicks is vastly overrated. Lets hope the latter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 6834
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many are criticizing Doug Martin, to the point I can't see why. You can't run the ball if you can't pass. The Cowboys stacked the box, basically daring Freeman to throw. He didn't scare them, 1 bit. Martin was effective until Dallas knew the Bucs couldn't throw on them. The sad part is, Dallas isnt this great defense either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBando


Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7304
Location: Tampa Bay
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
So many are criticizing Doug Martin, to the point I can't see why. You can't run the ball if you can't pass. The Cowboys stacked the box, basically daring Freeman to throw. He didn't scare them, 1 bit. Martin was effective until Dallas knew the Bucs couldn't throw on them. The sad part is, Dallas isnt this great defense either.
Yep. That is why I can't post on PR. They are so annoying. Feels like a bunch of 10 year olds over there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 24544
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
So many are criticizing Doug Martin, to the point I can't see why. You can't run the ball if you can't pass. The Cowboys stacked the box, basically daring Freeman to throw. He didn't scare them, 1 bit. Martin was effective until Dallas knew the Bucs couldn't throw on them. The sad part is, Dallas isnt this great defense either.
Yep. That is why I can't post on PR. They are so annoying. Feels like a bunch of 10 year olds over there.

He has yet to have a fair chance. He's been run into the ground when it's 100% obvious we're running. Nobody should blame him.
_________________
mission27 wrote:
You are such a smug bastard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 24544
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBando wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
56GiantPens66 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Score should be 16 - 14 Dallas Crying or Very sad


I heard there was a disallowed TD on a bad call.Is this it and what happened?


Ya, our defense had a clear sack fumble on Romo. Wright scooped and scored but the refs didn't see the fumble. No clue how since the ball could be seen the whole play Confused
He wasn't even close to being down either. You let that play out and let The Cowboys challenge that.

Ogletree (sp?) slipped on a mysterious hat from the ref when Wright fell down. That should have also been a TD. I'd say they cancel each other out.


We will never now. Yes he did slip but it was a poor thrown ball. Would he have been able to get it... maybe. What we do know is Romo clearly fumbled the ball, Wright scooped it and ran untouched for the score. I wouldn't say that's a wash personally.

Not definitively, but it was damn near a gimme. I won't complain about either call.

We can't blame the refs anyway. We deserved to lose this game.

*broken record* We need to fix our offensive gameplan. The things we're doing DO NOT WORK. The power running game is archaic.

We need to let Free loose. If he sucks as bad as it seems, it won't matter anyway. We'll either lose slinging it or trying to force the run. There's only one way to find out. We've got the receivers. Jackson, Williams, Clark, and Benn aren't horrible. They're not exactly superstars (V-Jax can be), but they're certainly not scrubs. I don't see how our offense could possibly be worse if we come out slingin' it. We average over six punts per game. We, surprisingly, average an advantage in t.o.p.

What's the worst that could happen?
_________________
mission27 wrote:
You are such a smug bastard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4172
Location: PA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
*broken record* We need to fix our offensive gameplan. The things we're doing DO NOT WORK. The power running game is archaic.


I don't think the power run game is archaic, look at teams like the Texans, 49ers and Ravens. It can be done, and if we're going to model ourselves after any teams it should be them.

The biggest issue to me is that you can't call up the middle runs for like 70% of your plays. It's funny, we had runs to the outside that worked very well, almost 30 yards in 2 carries. We had a WR reverse that worked ok, and a screen that did well. When we attacked the edge of their defense it worked, but when another first down came, we sent Martin into them another time. I feel bad for him, I wonder what he was thinking. We need to attack the edge more often.

We also need to pass downfield. We did that against New York and Carolina, and it's critical to the offense working the way they want it too. You can't crowd the box when you think Williams or Jackson will get open deep.

Lastly, Freeman really does need to step up his game. Some more accurate passes could have extended some drives. Realizing that DeMarcus Ware will get you if you stand there long enough not moving your feet would have saved some, too. RnP is also very right that he needs to run through his progressions. This was one of his worst games and we won't beat most teams with an offense lead by that poor of an effort. Free was outplayed by rookies and 2nd year QBs across the league, and badly at that.

I do think the calls are the bigger issue but Freeman is the next biggest, IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13166
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the offensive blame is partly on Freeman, the o-line and the play-calling. I'd say the blame should be as follows:

50% playcalling - My friends who have never watched a football game in their lives were calling our plays...seriously. "I bet that 22 guy will get the ball up the middle on first try." Pathetic.

25% Freeman - Just disgusting. Missing open wideouts, standing like a statue in the pocket, staring down receivers and one side of the field...etc. This is stuff rookies do, not 4th year quarterbacks.

25% o-line - I think Freeman was hit on every dropback he had. The first two problems definitely contribute to this, but damn, how can we throw downfield if there is pressure before the drop is even done?

Also, I may not be 100% correct on this, but I'm pretty sure our last 18 drives have been:

Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Touchdown
Interception
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Field Goal

LOL Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 24544
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many drops did we have yesterday? The few times Free made the right read and and a decent throw it seemed to be dropped. I can think of two by Clark, one by V-Jax, and the one that was picked... just off the top of my head.
_________________
mission27 wrote:
You are such a smug bastard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DalCowboyzRule


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 17936
Location: Too Turnt University (TTU)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game and just wanted to come in here and tell y'all what you already know in that your defense is awesome.

Seriously, like Romo said in his press conference that was one of the most physical games he's ever played and I believe it. You could here some of those sacks/hits from the nosebleed.

Good luck the rest of the way, and please beat those damn Redskins and Eagles. Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
Page 43 of 43

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group