Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 5 Up / Down
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Top 5 Up / Down Reply with quote

Up:

1. Big Ben
2. Bye this week, probably get Harrison, Mendy, and Poli back from injuries (no more Mundy starting hopefully!!)
3. Not too many injuries
4. Offensive Play calling solid
5. Red Zone efficiency

Down:

1. Fumbles
2. Refs
3. Mundy
4. Colon costly penalties
5. lethargic defensive effort
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14047
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up:

1: Ben Roethlisberger's stellar play
2. Heath Miller looking like a top 10 TE out there
3. Mike Wallace
4. The Runningbacks played okay
5. Special Teams wasn't so bad

Down:

1: We beat ourselves
2: Our defense is awful
3: We need a new Defensive Coordinator
4: Our Oline sucks
5: Those penalties were absolutely the result of playing dumb football.

After this bye, we need to get it together.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
SMashMouthMike


Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 4523
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up
Ben-
Heath-





Down
All defensive coaches-bend and broke, surrendering long drives, again & again & ....
Entire defense - sucks
D forced 0 2nd half punts. The Raiders scored on every 2nd half possession.
Tackling, Coverage, Pressure - all futile efforts
Run Blocking - horrible
Penalties-Keisel the Diesel, Colon, Gilbert, Lewis...
3rd down defense - horrendous.
fumbles - lucky they weren't more costly
ST coverage - pretty bad.
2nd AFC loss(not good).

Can not win on the road playing like that.
_________________

Thanks Lyasr 529


Last edited by SMashMouthMike on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eaglehoc


Joined: 06 Apr 2007
Posts: 126
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: 5 up/down Reply with quote

Up

1. Ben
2. Receivers- except for the fumbles Rolling Eyes
3. We have a bye week next
4. We can start looking for some replacements
5. Maybe Pouncey

Down
1. Mundy has got to go.
2. Beachum is versatile at every position--all equally horrible
3. OL and DL are weak- they can't push their opponents out of the way!
4. Some in the secondary wait for the ball to be caught then try to tackle.
5. The linebackers are too fat and slow... Can't cover and can't get to the quarterback. At this point in time I don't know if we can finish even 3rd in the division and yes I am highly disappointed, irritated and just calling it like I see it at the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tenboots


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 209
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP - nothing is an up when you lose to a team you should beat easily.

DOWN - LOSING TO A TEAM YOU SHOULD BE EASILY
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenMadeOfSteel


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 90
Location: São Paulo, Brazil (Will be back to the US soon!)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up

Big Ben - this is the kind of game that proves he's elite.
Heath Miller - really looking like one of the best TE in the game

Down

1 - We lost
2 - A game that we shouldn't have lost
3 - #D, what's going on? it's like someone in the GTD thread said, every time we face an above average QB we're giving up a lot of points.
4 - Having to watch the game with 2~3 minutes of delay cause here, in Brazil, the game that was on TV was Houston at Denver, and I used the gamepass, which has a big delay.
5 - DEFENSE AGAIN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49348
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up
1. Big Ben - On point most of the game...a few off key passes, but they happen.
2. Haley - Really digging his playcalling.
3. Pass blocking - They did very well, although the Raiders dont have much of a pass rush.
4. Heath - Playing very well early this season
5. WRs - Aside from the fumbles looked great

Down
1. Trolls - This isnt really in game, but more on here. I am utterly disgusted with the amount of trolling that is allowed to occur in NFL Gen of the Steelers...and by the same pieces of ish every single time. I didnt mind people calling the hit dirty, but anyone who posts in NFL gen knows the idiots Im referring to, and how they are contantly allowed to run their mouths. Its the same guys every time, so Im not talking about everyone...just those select few d-bags.

2. Refs - The refs didnt lose this game for us, but they have been terrible leaguewide.

3. LeBeau - Seriously....when did you stop making adjustments? I love you for what youve done over the years, but at this point, youre running on nothing but steam. Do the decent thing and retire after this season.

4. Mundy - I defended him a bit a few weeks back, saying that the quality of safety around the league is so bad, that as a backup, he is the norm. At this point, Id rather Carnell Lake strap em back on and play safety than to see this bum on the field again.

5. Running game - Would be higher...but at this point its implied. People need to stop looking at the running backs....its the freaking OLine.

And just as a quick question...anyone else think Colon is just as bad of a LG as he was a RT? I want this bum off the team. Still makes moron decisions and is a mediocre blockier....but now instead of his pass blocking being the biggest issue, its his run blocking.

Kugler needs to go as well. Never liked him anyway.

Im not saying have a firesale....but LeBeau, Kugler and Colon shouldnt be on this team in 2013 IMO. LeBeau will be fondly remembered....Kugler and Colon can go work at Kinko's for all I care.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2246
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up

1. Gilbert playing injured and playing well and keeping beechum off the field. This alone earns top spot on the up list IMO Laughing

2. Miller was as good as ever

3. ben passed the ball well and felt the pocket well

4. wr's minus the fumble by brown

5. cortez allen continues to look like he has skills




down

1. defense sucks

2. the state of the nfl with mostly passing and this game was no different

3. lack of pressure from D

4. lousy run blocking from OL

5. beechum almost had ben IR'd in record time

6. hoods injury

7. fumbling (dwyer and browns were from poor control not good defensive play)

8 kickoffs not out of the endzone

9. nfl as we will have to get used to it, shoot outs with the last team getting the ball winning

10 . penalties, just too many and at the wrong times.

10. my counting Laughing

I had hopes this team would be able to control the line of scrimmage, but that hasn't happened yet. DD could have helped a bit I suppose but the run blocking is putrid. Even with ben throwing for so many yards and TD's and having sustaining drives, this team still loses to a winless team. If the injury rash hits the wr's this team could be doomed since they can't run and the D stinks.

Lets hope Adams gets healthy so beechum stays off the field.


Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 9793
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Up
1. Big Ben - On point most of the game...a few off key passes, but they happen.
2. Haley - Really digging his playcalling.
3. Pass blocking - They did very well, although the Raiders dont have much of a pass rush.
4. Heath - Playing very well early this season
5. WRs - Aside from the fumbles looked great

Down
1. Trolls - This isnt really in game, but more on here. I am utterly disgusted with the amount of trolling that is allowed to occur in NFL Gen of the Steelers...and by the same pieces of ish every single time. I didnt mind people calling the hit dirty, but anyone who posts in NFL gen knows the idiots Im referring to, and how they are contantly allowed to run their mouths. Its the same guys every time, so Im not talking about everyone...just those select few d-bags.

2. Refs - The refs didnt lose this game for us, but they have been terrible leaguewide.

3. LeBeau - Seriously....when did you stop making adjustments? I love you for what youve done over the years, but at this point, youre running on nothing but steam. Do the decent thing and retire after this season.

4. Mundy - I defended him a bit a few weeks back, saying that the quality of safety around the league is so bad, that as a backup, he is the norm. At this point, Id rather Carnell Lake strap em back on and play safety than to see this bum on the field again.

5. Running game - Would be higher...but at this point its implied. People need to stop looking at the running backs....its the freaking OLine.

And just as a quick question...anyone else think Colon is just as bad of a LG as he was a RT? I want this bum off the team. Still makes moron decisions and is a mediocre blockier....but now instead of his pass blocking being the biggest issue, its his run blocking.

Kugler needs to go as well. Never liked him anyway.

Im not saying have a firesale....but LeBeau, Kugler and Colon shouldnt be on this team in 2013 IMO. LeBeau will be fondly remembered....Kugler and Colon can go work at Kinko's for all I care.


great points, but I want to answer your question about LeBeau

he stopped making adjustments years ago with very few exceptions. It's been pointed out by other teams, it's obvious when you watch.

rush 4, soft coverage. That is LeBeau's defense. Force the DL to play pattycake (YES, that's what it is, don't care who hates the term) even though they're 1st rounders who are explosive off the snap, drop the pass rushing LBs into coverage 50% of the time, and play the DBs 10 yards off the ball on 2nd and 1.

Started calling for it last season, but a murderer's row of incompetency at QB helped hide it.

LeBeau has simply not adjusted. Not even close. The rules have changed, and the most important places are at the DL. That chop block of Ziggy was perfectly legal, and those don't happen if the DL are attacking rather than playing read-react.



now then


Ups:

1. Ben - beast. mode. pure.
2. Todd Haley - love his playcalling, love his schemes, love his ability to tweek things and get us into the end zone.
3. Heath Miller - this one has as much to do with #2 as it does with Heath. Heath is the same guy he always was, he's just being used by an offensive coordinator with a brain now


Downs:
1. Defense - see above, re: LeBeau. Time to swallow your ego and adapt your almighty scheme to the rules changes as well as the different talent sets you now have
2. Fumbles - YMC need to stop dipping their hands into astroglide once they're running with the ball. They look darn good when they're not dropping it though.
3. Defense - ....

i just don't want to get into it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ward4HOF


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 3758
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Up


Down
1. Trolls - This isnt really in game, but more on here. I am utterly disgusted with the amount of trolling that is allowed to occur in NFL Gen of the Steelers...and by the same pieces of ish every single time. I didnt mind people calling the hit dirty, but anyone who posts in NFL gen knows the idiots Im referring to, and how they are contantly allowed to run their mouths. Its the same guys every time, so Im not talking about everyone...just those select few d-bags.



I haven't read what you are talking about, but I assume these "trolls", of course, don't feel that the hit by Wheeler on Ben or the Cut block on Hood was dirty, right?
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!


Last edited by Ward4HOF on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of notes to add:

- totally agree with 43 on Colon

- cant believe I forgot Heath Miller

- we should not underrate how well Sushi is playing right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49348
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Up


Down
1. Trolls - This isnt really in game, but more on here. I am utterly disgusted with the amount of trolling that is allowed to occur in NFL Gen of the Steelers...and by the same pieces of ish every single time. I didnt mind people calling the hit dirty, but anyone who posts in NFL gen knows the idiots Im referring to, and how they are contantly allowed to run their mouths. Its the same guys every time, so Im not talking about everyone...just those select few d-bags.



I haven't read what you are talking about, but I assume these "trolls", of course, don't feel that the hit by Wheeler on Ben or the Cut block on Hood was dirty, right?


Not even so much that as they are just bashing the entire Steelers organization and calling it "dirty" and "pathetic". And its pretty much the same guys that bash the Steelers all the time and are continuously allowed to do it.

I dont mind that people were mad about it, but you can tell the people who were just trying to troll.

Basically, they were bashing the Steelers and saying the Steelers got away with alot of penalties in the game, despite the fact that pretty much everyone else saw that, at the very least, it was called badly on both sides, and most saw the refs were clearly in the Raiders corner this week.

Those same trolls said nothing when Ben got his leg taken out 2 or 3 seconds after he threw it. A few of them even defended it.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 31047
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Up


Down
1. Trolls - This isnt really in game, but more on here. I am utterly disgusted with the amount of trolling that is allowed to occur in NFL Gen of the Steelers...and by the same pieces of ish every single time. I didnt mind people calling the hit dirty, but anyone who posts in NFL gen knows the idiots Im referring to, and how they are contantly allowed to run their mouths. Its the same guys every time, so Im not talking about everyone...just those select few d-bags.



I haven't read what you are talking about, but I assume these "trolls", of course, don't feel that the hit by Wheeler on Ben or the Cut block on Hood was dirty, right?


It's why myself and 43 are the only guys that go into NFL Gen. The second that the Steelers get an iffy call the trolls starting with Ekysnt and Mesa_Titan stating how the Steelers only get positive calls. Then the follow it up with any time a bad hit like the one by Mundy happens that it was "clearly" dirty as if they can determine his intent and ignoring anything else after rooting in their roost. It's like clockwork how the trolls work. Every Steelers is dirty, every win is tainted, ever loss is legitimate and so on and so forth.
_________________
[quote="Ketchup"]I would cut off my legs if Rodgers threw 20 interceptions.[/quote]
- 7/24/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you go to the general forums from here again?? Laughing There's a reason I guess why I've never been to that forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 10866
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked Ben's numbers -36/49 4TDs. The defense just dropped an egg on an incredible performance from Ben.

For shame.
_________________


Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group